Aladdin actor shades The Little Mermaid

Arcadius

3 minutes ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

It has a 3.0 on Letterboxd, bffr. The public overwhelmingly thought it was mediocre at best. Even the Mario Movie scored a 3.5 on there. :redface:

“Even the Mario movie” as if that isn’t currently beloved by the public. :deadbanana2: The public don’t view either film as mediocre. Sit down. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• 東京.

• Miichael

• Margaux

1 hour ago, Margaux said:

both bombed and bad movies. disney should create new original shows and stop rehashing already made movies for quick cash challenge. 

I hated Alladin but it didn’t bomb at all, it was huge. 

31 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

Meh. Doesn’t sound as bad when you look at what we was responding to. Idk. I don’t see it as shady. 

It's so weird how people took it personally :rip:  He was just defending Aladdin's opening number which was mentioned in the original tweet and was insecure about his sequel getting cancelled but for some reason people interpreted it as him saying the movie is bad? wtf

20 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

“Even the Mario movie” as if that isn’t currently beloved by the public. :deadbanana2: The public don’t view either film as mediocre. Sit down. 

Not CinemaScore. What’s next? People love The Lion King since it also has an A? :redface:

He is so hot. But also this was misplaced anger, yes. Not him running off twitter :rip:

Who’s talking about a TLM sequel before it’s even released? It’s giving conspiracy 

26 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Is the account deleted? :deadbanana4:

Indeed it is 😏

27 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Is the account deleted? :deadbanana4:

Yes

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

It's so weird how people took it personally :rip:  He was just defending Aladdin's opening number which was mentioned in the original tweet and was insecure about his sequel getting cancelled but for some reason people interpreted it as him saying the movie is bad? wtf

Like I literally just take his tweet as “doing those numbers is very difficult, but even if it doesn’t, it’ll still do really well.” Like i don’t think it’s that serious. I think the racism surrounding the original casting has people overly defensive of it. Like it’s obviously gonna smash. 

Does this nitwit not understand that the success of these films comes from disney's death grip on the world market? It's never about quality, if it's disney, the sht will chart.

This reeks of bitterness because the Aladdin sequel did not move forward. 

He hasn’t done anything of importance since Aladdin came out and this surely won’t do him any favors. Ugly is never a good look.

He should’ve kept this to himself…

Edited by UnusualBoy

4 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

The whole “my guess is TLM doesn’t cross the billion mark but will undoubtedly get a sequel” is what everyone is talking about.

He could’ve left that out because it sounded bitter, you can’t be mad at the TLM because it’s the new movie out. I actually do think his career was done wrong post Aladdin but it is what it is, Hollywood is not the most accepting industry.

6 hours ago, Margaux said:

both bombed and bad movies

How are you able to see the future? How do you know? Explain? Is this what’s going to happen?

I swear having twitter does more harm than good most of the time. :deadbanana2:

Girl, he should’ve just sat there and ate his food. Even if there was no intended shade from his part, what type of response was he expect after tweeting that? It’s not a good look for someone that has had no impact since Aladdin and just screams bitterness.

Naomi Scott would never.  :foxaylove2:

did he delete his account?:rip: what did he say?

Edited by terrorblade

He’s not wrong tho, but why there’s so messy news around TLM daily??? 

Whoa now. I actually like him, so he needs to not. I loved Aladdin and do hate the way he was treated afterwards. He revealed what his struggles were shortly after the release of Aladdin and how it was still hard for him to secure roles that weren't stereotypical, even with the success of the film.

He doesn't need to be insulting towards The Little Mermaid; that's disrespectful to the cast. He should have definitely reworded this, because I do understand his frustration; I was hoping for a sequel to Aladdin, myself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, halcyonday said:

He's so hot :jonny2:

Been obsessed since Aladdin came out. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.