Renaissance reenters US Apple Music Top 5 after kicking off tour in Sweden

Armani?

Touring has proved to be the best way to boost your catalogue in the streaming era. Taylor and Bey are killing it. 

The pandemic really made people HUNGRY for tours. Just makes you think how much bigger the album could've been on release 

Maybe the plan is for the album to literally renaissance and give CUFF IT a chance at its deserved #1 

8 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Touring has proved to be the best way to boost your catalogue in the streaming era. Taylor and Bey are killing it. 

Methinks this is mainly reserved for Taylor and Beyonce.

Now imagine if she were to drop the visuals on Friday. :cm: It won’t happen, but the way she held back on Renaissance’s full potential was something OBH should be thankful for. 

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I’m not trying to sound rude (this is a genuine question because I don’t know) but other than Taylor and now Beyonce, who’s gotten a big streaming boost from touring? Chromatica for example didn’t even re enter the BB200 last year when Gaga toured for it (I think, could be wrong) 

12 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Her other albums are barely moving so far.

But Renaissance going from 25 to 5 in a day and a half is a really good boost

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

I’m not trying to sound rude (this is a genuine question because I don’t know) but other than Taylor and now Beyonce, who’s gotten a big streaming boost from touring? Chromatica for example didn’t even re enter the BB200 last year when Gaga toured for it (I think, could be wrong) 

Bad Bunny did last year

15 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It’s unlikely that Beyoncé will re-chart her catalog on the BB200 like Taylor has been doing. 

13 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Now imagine if she were to drop the visuals on Friday. :cm: It won’t happen, but the way she held back on Renaissance’s full potential was something OBH should be thankful for. 

But when they come at least there will be a 3rd wind. 

23 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

I can think of a few girls that can't relate

QLQs54E.thumb.png.732919721df1f855d3f20f

11 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Her other albums are barely moving so far.

But Renaissance going from 25 to 5 in a day and a half is a really good boost

I wouldn’t expect a mass boost in her overall discography yet. The tour really is a Renaissance tour. She performs the album top to bottom. If there is a boost, it will be because of a natural increase of curiosity in her overall discography after. The only thing I can see her pushing in her back catalog is that it’s the 20th year anniversary of her debut so she might do something special and that could boost DIL quite well. 

28 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

This. I hope Bey’s Spotify #’s boost a lot during this tour too, she deserves to consistently be a top 5 streamed female artist every single day 

13 minutes ago, FSXP said:

I wouldn’t expect a mass boost in her overall discography yet. The tour really is a Renaissance tour. She performs the album top to bottom. If there is a boost, it will be because of a natural increase of curiosity in her overall discography after. The only thing I can see her pushing in her back catalog is that it’s the 20th year anniversary of her debut so she might do something special and that could boost DIL quite well. 

Even with that said, Dangerously In Love (song) had a 60% boost on Spotify which is likely to rise more and more assuming she keeps that as an opener for a while. A part from that, songs like Black Parade, Rather Die Young, and Flaws and All are pretty random. She can easily see catalog boosts if she were to add in more classics like Me Myself And I, Irreplaceable, and Baby Boy to the mix. It all depends on how the set list switches and changes overtime. 

55 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Morgan Wallen's Dangerous went from 39kish to 49kish cause of the start of his tour D;

27 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Even with that said, Dangerously In Love (song) had a 60% boost on Spotify which is likely to rise more and more assuming she keeps that as an opener for a while. A part from that, songs like Black Parade, Rather Die Young, and Flaws and All are pretty random. She can easily see catalog boosts if she were to add in more classics like Me Myself And I, Irreplaceable, and Baby Boy to the mix. It all depends on how the set list switches and changes overtime. 

True. We will see how the opener section evolves. The boost isn’t massive but she’s definitely seeing boosts in her overall discography. I guess we have to see with time.

up to #3! surpassing midnights and becoming the #1 pop album on the chart. Who knew a tour in Europe would make the album smash in the US. I wonder what the boost will be once she starts touring the US. Now that is a real EDM smash album and a real tour boost, which is difficult get not everyone has that

6 hours ago, Bears01 said:

Chromatica didn't but her Catalogue got a huge streaming boost

Edited by Otter

Damn let’s go Bey :clap3: Keep rising :jonny: 

2 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

up to #3! surpassing midnights and becoming the #1 pop album on the chart. Who knew a tour in Europe would make the album smash in the US. I wonder what the boost will be once she starts touring the US. Now that is a real EDM smash album and a real tour boost, which is difficult get not everyone has that

The boost is obviously from tiktok and stuff. Dont think it matters much at all where the concerts are.

There are enough videos and setlists going around.

Same for Taylor and others that got tour boosts

Passing Midnights is impressive :clap3:

10 hours ago, Bears01 said:

Chromatica for example didn’t even re enter the BB200 last year when Gaga toured for it (I think, could be wrong) 

Gaga's tour started more than two years after the album got released, unlike Beyonce's album which got released less than a year ago.

12 minutes ago, Diocles said:

Gaga's tour started more than two years after the album got released, unlike Beyonce's album which got released less than a year ago.

I don't think the length of time from the album release would really stop it from charting whatsoever though. It's one thing to expect all catalogue albums to rechart, or the album to skyrocket into the top 10 and it's another to expect the parent album of the tour to rechart at all.

4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I don't think the length of time from the album release would really stop it from charting whatsoever though. It's one thing to expect all catalogue albums to rechart, or the album to skyrocket into the top 10 and it's another to expect the parent album of the tour to rechart at all.

Yeah, one of the eras Taylor is touring is Lover, which is a bit old and it's getting quite a boost! Then again Taylor is anomaly. 

Anyway great boost for Renaissance. I wish more songs from Lemonade were performed, that album needs help. :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.