Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

5 hours ago, JBB said:

Don't hold your breath. It isn't that good. You have heard the best parts. The verses are truly misfitted to the rest of the song. When the chorus and the hook kicks in it gets good.

Suddenly we are all cured of the padamic :redface:

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

5 hours ago, JBB said:

Don't hold your breath. It isn't that good. You have heard the best parts. The verses are truly misfitted to the rest of the song. When the chorus and the hook kicks in it gets good.

:skull:

5 hours ago, JBB said:

This is so worrisome

Hello is a freaking bop.

The way by the time the album is released, we will have a whole TENSION: side B album. :rip:

As for the song TENSION, for all I care she can be talking nonsense, with a chorus like that I'm still satisfied. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

The way by the time the album is released, we will have a whole TENSION: side B album. :rip:

Kylie Rae Jepsen :lakitu:

My friend played me the first verse and intro and I think it’s super sexy :gaycatina1:

19 hours ago, JBB said:

Don't worry. The refrain is a smash, though the rest is like Kylie on weed. A great club track, but weak and slower verses that doesn't match the rest of the song. Tounge-wrecking vocals by Kylie and seductive lines. Silly lyrics like chi-lli-lli. Three songs in one. The final minute is a killer.

Sounds like an experimental bop to me! padamcat.png

I haven’t heard the whole song but I don’t agree the verses don’t match the song. I guess it’s subjective opinion and people can make their own minds up, but I think it’s a stomper. Slinky sexy verses and big explosive choruses. 

It was the track I was most excited for, and everything extra I’ve heard of it hasn’t disappointed. It’s definitely not as eclectic as a Skirt or Mr President, but it’s unique and something fresh for her. 

Edited by bitchfit

6 hours ago, RT Air said:

Sounds like an experimental bop to me! padamcat.png

It is for sure.

Y’all need to remember that’s also just ONE person’s opinion. Just because they don’t like doesn’t mean you won’t either. One person’s turd is another person’s gem. 

On 7/5/2023 at 11:37 PM, TheBoss said:

Running has crack on it, she needs to put it on the complete edition or something, a Dua or Tove feature would EAT!!

Nah let's switch it up and feature an artist she's never collaborated before like

Alice Chater
Rina Sawayama 
Kim Petras 
Slayyyter 
Pabllo Vittar 
Britney Spears 
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Robyn
Foxes
Carly Rae Jepsen 
Madonna
Gwen Stefani 
Ellie Goulding 

Kesha 

Charli XCX 

Gwen Stefani 

Janet Jackson

Iggy Azalea

Personally for ME! I hate seing features on Kylie's records. I dont mind her featuring on other artists' songs and more often than not they're great! But I dont want to have to sit through some other artists' verse on a Kylie album :sorry: I hit play and I want to listen to KYLIE™

Guest List edition was ok cause at least the concept behind the reissue was "guests at a #Disco" but I wouldnt want a repeat

4 hours ago, Elvenpath said:

Kylie Minogue - Tension (Target Exclusive, CD) (Alternate Cover)

https://www.target.com/p/kylie-minogue-tension-target-exclusive-cd-alternate-cover/-/A-89474889

this is disrespectful to her and her fans :ahh: fugly ass covers my god

only the deluxe one is slightly tolerable

Kylie Minogue - Tension (Deluxe) Lyrics and Tracklist | Genius

5 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

Personally for ME! I hate seing features on Kylie's records. I dont mind her featuring on other artists' songs and more often than not they're great! But I dont want to have to sit through some other artists' verse on a Kylie album :sorry: I hit play and I want to listen to KYLIE™

Guest List edition was ok cause at least the concept behind the reissue was "guests at a #Disco" but I wouldnt want a repeat

I mean you can make the same argument for anyone else's albums to you listen to. I don't mind features on Kylie's albums as it will attract new listeners and create new fans. As long as they're worthy of a Kylie duet though. 

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

Yeah it really doesn't make sense how cheap and tacky the cover is because in concept it sounds like it should look great but then the end result is that

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yeah it really doesn't make sense how cheap and tacky the cover is because in concept it sounds like it should look great but then the end result is that

!!! at this point even a beauty shot would've been better 

Why does Hello sound like a Tove Lo song? 

It sounds like Kylie is mimicking Tove’s vocal delivery? Maybe Tove wrote it? 

Running is cute. Kylie is doing some great vocal delivery but I’ve noticed Kylie tends to turn down songs that have her use more of her deeper register for some reason. She prefers songs where she can give that breathy, sultry delivery but with some polish Running could be great. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Running is cute. Kylie is doing some great vocal delivery but I’ve noticed Kylie tends to turn down songs that have her use more of her deeper register for some reason. She prefers songs where she can give that breathy, sultry delivery but with some polish Running could be great. 

maybe because that's what ppl likes from her and she feels more comfortable singing (live)? what a shame tho, confide in me is a perfect example of EXCELLENT deeper vocals.. i'm sad she scrapped running, sounds really amazing and different for her.

12 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

spacer.pngThis is giving me iPhone X realness tbh

• Haha 2

Just now, Winged said:

spacer.pngThis is giving me iPhone X realness tbh

:ahh: it does lol BUT i actually like this color meshing, so the deluxe gets a pass... the other ones *bombastic criminal offensive side-eye*