Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

3 hours ago, halcyonday said:

personally i feel scammed if the lead single doesn't represent the majority of the album 

ezgif-2-919de9d552.thumb.gif.d948cdf961e

Then A LOT of Kylie's catalogue may feel like a scam to you. :deadbanana4:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

2 hours ago, Miichael said:

4 month wait between lead single and album isn't even that long wdym :rip:

Especially when she's actually promoting and doing some gigs here and there. DISCO's wait from SS to the album was dreadful with her not being able to do anything at all with the pandemic :rip:

2 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Then A LOT of Kylie's catalogue may feel like a scam to you. :deadbanana4:

we leave the past behind us

ezgif-2-919de9d552.thumb.gif.d948cdf961e

If she does not release Tension or Vegas High as the next single.

NCT gif spammers | Page 1576 | Hallyu+

She can keep those Emoto-snoozes to herself.

• Haha 1

The Tension snippet sounds so good! It definitely should be a single. It'd be a good follow up to Padam Padam or Vegas High both sound incredible. I'm hoping the album can possibly crack my top 5.

I really don't dislike any Kylie album overall I just love some more than others and clearly prefer dance-pop/Disco Kylie the most looking at my top 5. I included the Abbey Road Sessions because I really loved that album and stripped back versions of a lot of her best songs.

1. Fever

2. Aphrodite 

3. Disco

4. Light Years

5. Rhythm of Love

6. Kylie Minogue 94

7. Enjoy Yourself

8. Body Language 

9. Golden

10. X

11. Let's Get To It

12. Abbey Road Sessions

13. Kiss Me Once

14. Kylie

15. Impossible Princess 

16. Kylie Christmas 

7 minutes ago, Mke1979 said:

Where can I hear the album snippets?

They're on youtube.

On 6/18/2023 at 2:30 PM, the70s said:

I was thinking the same thing :rip: But hey, maybe they got the memo now and already made plans for the next album :duca: Imagine if Padam is only the beginning 

she needs to lean into the club sound and go all out. work with the best djs as producers kygo, alesso, marshmello, oliver heldens, dillon francis, robin schulz, r3hab, zedd, lost frequencies, don diablo, afrojack, skrillex, swedish house mafia, joel corry, calvin harris, jax jones, david guetta, jonas blue, matoma, seeb, cheat codes, gryffin

On 6/18/2023 at 10:31 AM, halcyonday said:

She has so much time until the album release that she could re-record it with the Padam sound all over it let's be honest :rip: the gays want dark electropop sex Kylie 

absolutely not. they're not gonna rework a whole album. maybe adding some deluxe tracks for the re releases with more tracks in that vein or saving that concept for the next album would be best

On 6/19/2023 at 5:06 AM, WERKER said:

She could honestly use this album as a stepping stone with Padam Padam and then launch in to a fully fledged dance-euro gay album. 

We need a new slow but with a drop this time queen. 

this would be amazing. justice for skirt 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:48 AM, Mke1979 said:

Does anyone think when she tours the USA it will be just for this album and be called the Tension tour? 

I feel she should make it a greatest hits tour if she does tour here in the USA. 

She would have an amazing set list!

i mean why would it be called anything else? she can make it a mix of the tension album tracks and her biggest hits. she's definitely gonna have to incorporate some kiss me once and x tracks considering this album is in that same electropop lane 

On 6/19/2023 at 12:08 PM, Patrickern777 said:

So sad that Eyes On You got scrapped, is a fun dance-pop song (reminds me of I Was Gonna Cancel)

everyone hates i was gonna cancel so this is a good thing lol

On 6/19/2023 at 1:12 PM, halcyonday said:

because the album would do so much better with the padam sound? their fault for preparing the physicals already and having the premiere at the end of the year :rip: :rip: :rip: 

not you being pressed about them having a proper album rollout for a legacy artist lmfao

On 6/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, Popboi. said:

This. She could record a single for a re-release next year with LOSTBOY though.

x2

On 6/19/2023 at 1:20 PM, Delirious said:

Hold on to now sounds immaculate tho. It's literally get outta my way 2.0

all the more reason it deserves the single treatment. gomy is one of her best songs

On 6/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, Supervillain said:

She can easily release another deluxe edition because she recorded more songs that sound like PP.

;O along with piano and drum!

On 6/19/2023 at 1:32 PM, rta1913 said:

Why would we/anybody want a FULL album of Padam’s? :rip:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the song, I’m obsessed and it’s already my most played song of the year but it is not an original song, it sounds like a lot of those imanbek knock offs. An album full of that sound would be overkill and boring (plus we haven’t even heard the full album). 

Just because a specific song takes off, doesn’t mean the GP will invest in a full album with the same sound (and it applies to all artists). It is great for her visibility and legacy though, and this could do wonders for a tour. 

The thing I agree with is maybe follow up with an uptempo/banger (like the title track) and leave the midtempo gem for album release week, keep us dancing through the summer queen!

exactly or she can just save the padam padam album concept for her next cycle 

On 6/19/2023 at 1:36 PM, halcyonday said:

Disco is an album where almost everything sounds the same and it did the trick so I'm not sure why this couldn't? All you need is some creativity with the dark electropop sound. We don't need slow songs from her this era. 

Not if we have to wait for it just as long as for the original album tho :thing:

while disco was cohesive in terms of sound each track was very definitively their own though. and based on the snippets the same can be said about this record. 

On 6/19/2023 at 1:43 PM, Elvenpath said:

They can release a single mix to make the next single sound more 'Padam.' Not a big deal.

absolutely not. did you not hear the snippets? they know what they're doing and we're in for a treat.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:59 PM, AdrianNicki said:

If she does not release Tension or Vegas High as the next single.

NCT gif spammers | Page 1576 | Hallyu+

She can keep those Emoto-snoozes to herself.

did you even hear the hold on to now snippet? it sounds gorgeous and would be fine as the second single?

Can we talk about Take Me With You? I just discovered that song the other day and it has me in a CHOKEHOLD :jonny5:

4 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Can we talk about Take Me With You? I just discovered that song the other day and it has me in a CHOKEHOLD :jonny5:

THE TASTE! I still remember the first time I listened to that song, I was on the verge of being hospitalized tbh! :jonny5:

OHMYGOD TOUCH ME RIGHT THRERE OHMYGOD TOUCH ME RIGHT THERE don’t BE SHY BOY I DONT BITE :wanda::WAP::wanda:

4 minutes ago, Minogue said:

OHMYGOD TOUCH ME RIGHT THRERE OHMYGOD TOUCH ME RIGHT THERE don’t BE SHY BOY I DONT BITE :wanda::WAP::wanda:

Touch me right there

Touch me right there

Touch me right there

baby, break the tensiooon

spacer.png

Actually cannot believe this is coming in THREE months..

4 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Actually cannot believe this is coming in THREE months..

The funny part is that the way Padam Padam taking this long to take over the world, it could end up being the perfect timing for the album if the release the 2nd single in like a month and half. 

I don’t want a second single until I see Padam peak at #1

Give us a second single when the album drops instead

Padam is still on repeat but I hope we're getting next single late July - early August.

Padam Padam #7 in the midweek, new peak pretty much guaranteed. Announce the tour sis

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 1

Already said it but I'm genuinely obsessed with Love Train's snippet. Like. Seriously. It's everything I worship about pop music. AAAAH.

This new Tension snippet has such a hold on me.

baby, break the tension

6ya201b.gif

4 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

Correct.