Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

Why is this album coming out in damn September when it should be released during summer :rip:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Why is this album coming out in damn September when it should be released during summer :rip:

Forreal lmao 

everything about this album screams summer 

It really should be dropping in June or July, September is SO far away. I don't think they expected "Padam Padam" to pop off the way it is  :deadbanana4:

spacer.png

Spotify Fans First Exclusive Limited Edition Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl with exclusive artwork (1 x Double Sided LP in sleeve)

22nd September will see the release of Kylie’s brand new studio album, ‘Tension’, a record of euphoric, empowered dance floor bangers and sultry pop cuts.

‘Tension’ is eleven tracks of unabashed pleasure-seeking, seize-the-moment, joyful pop tunes with the hypnotic electro of ‘Padam Padam’ opening the album.

Discussing ‘Tension’, Kylie says, “I started this album with an open mind and a blank page. Unlike my last two albums there wasn’t a ‘theme’, it was about finding the heart or the fun or the fantasy of that moment and always trying to service the song. I wanted to celebrate each song’s individuality and to dive into that freedom. I would say it’s a blend of personal reflection, club abandon and melancholic high.”

Kylie’s glittering career has seen her amass sales of over 80 million records worldwide, 5 billion streams and 8 UK No 1 albums. Her multiple awards include 3 BRIT awards, 2 MTV awards and a Grammy. She is the only female artist to score a No 1 album in five consecutive decades in the UK. Her 2019 Glastonbury performance was the most-watched TV moment in the festival’s history. In so many ways she stands alone in the pop arena – a superstar artist whose constant reinventions and explorations keep her firmly rooted in the present whilst defining and celebrating much of our collective past.

SIDE A
1. Padam Padam
2. Hold On To Now
3. Things We Do For Love
4. Tension
5. One More Time
6. You Still Get Me High

SIDE B
1. Hands
2. Green Light
3. Vegas High
4. 10 Out Of 10 (with Oliver Heldens)
5. Story

https://music.kylie.com/product/115341?password=TENSIONSFFLP

27 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

spacer.png

Spotify Fans First Exclusive Limited Edition Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl with exclusive artwork (1 x Double Sided LP in sleeve)

22nd September will see the release of Kylie’s brand new studio album, ‘Tension’, a record of euphoric, empowered dance floor bangers and sultry pop cuts.

‘Tension’ is eleven tracks of unabashed pleasure-seeking, seize-the-moment, joyful pop tunes with the hypnotic electro of ‘Padam Padam’ opening the album.

Discussing ‘Tension’, Kylie says, “I started this album with an open mind and a blank page. Unlike my last two albums there wasn’t a ‘theme’, it was about finding the heart or the fun or the fantasy of that moment and always trying to service the song. I wanted to celebrate each song’s individuality and to dive into that freedom. I would say it’s a blend of personal reflection, club abandon and melancholic high.”

Kylie’s glittering career has seen her amass sales of over 80 million records worldwide, 5 billion streams and 8 UK No 1 albums. Her multiple awards include 3 BRIT awards, 2 MTV awards and a Grammy. She is the only female artist to score a No 1 album in five consecutive decades in the UK. Her 2019 Glastonbury performance was the most-watched TV moment in the festival’s history. In so many ways she stands alone in the pop arena – a superstar artist whose constant reinventions and explorations keep her firmly rooted in the present whilst defining and celebrating much of our collective past.

SIDE A
1. Padam Padam
2. Hold On To Now
3. Things We Do For Love
4. Tension
5. One More Time
6. You Still Get Me High

SIDE B
1. Hands
2. Green Light
3. Vegas High
4. 10 Out Of 10 (with Oliver Heldens)
5. Story

https://music.kylie.com/product/115341?password=TENSIONSFFLP

She is coming for Taylor's gig at this point haha... Get them coins queen!

I just hope she does Deluxe Edition on vinyl!

1 hour ago, xokuba said:

That’s why I’ve been hesitant to buy any of the vinyls as it feels incomplete without the deluxe.

But I just bit the bullet and bought the coke bottle version. :WAP:

Ordered the gatefold and the coke bottle clear. I don't like the colors of any of the other alternate covers to justify getting them :rip: 

14 minutes ago, Right Now said:

That’s why I’ve been hesitant to buy any of the vinyls as it feels incomplete without the deluxe.

But I just bit the bullet and bought the coke bottle version. :WAP:

i cant decide between the coke bottle version or this one

81uc+jIZveL._SL1500_.jpg

The fact that I ordered every variant so far :skull: 

Just a month ago I promised myself I’d settle for like 2 or 3 copies at most, but here we go

23 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

MTE it screams summer album especially with Padam as the lead :biblionny:

ot: I'll be ordering the cd whenever I can afford to, maybe the September date isn't so bad after all :eli:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner

21 hours ago, stephen1108 said:

It really should be dropping in June or July, September is SO far away. I don't think they expected "Padam Padam" to pop off the way it is  :deadbanana4:

Right :deadbanana2:

Maybe her team/label will see the light and push it forward :duca:

36 minutes ago, RT Air said:

Just a month ago I promised myself I’d settle for like 2 or 3 copies at most, but here we go

:bibliahh:

42 minutes ago, RT Air said:

You can make a wicked wall art graphic

On 5/25/2023 at 8:07 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

It will be a summer album for everyone in Australia :fan:

I really hope she pull back the release date to July due to Padam Padam's surge!!!!! THEY NEED TO!!!!

Well if the physicals can be ready before September I can see them releasing it before, but I doubt it. Their best shot for that UK #1 is debut week with the streaming and sales.

4 hours ago, xokuba said:

Kylie lowkey started the multiformat trend (especially cassette) with Golden :deadbanana4:

20 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Kylie lowkey started the multiformat trend (especially cassette) with Golden :deadbanana4:

Oooh you're right actually... Still setting trends for MPGs 30 years after her debut!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9529138e0682f838d428

1 hour ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

It will be a summer album for everyone in Australia :fan:

Waitttt :skull: so true actually lmao

I'd actually would love for her to release the standart version in July since Padam is such a success and then the deluxe in September, so everyone gets their summer album, but that won't happen unfortunately. BMG's too traditional for that.

Are we getting any Padam Padam remixes soon?

29 minutes ago, Mke1979 said:

Are we getting any Padam Padam remixes soon?

Was the extended version really released today just exclusively on her website?

18 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Was the extended version really released today just exclusively on her website?

Yes

I’m late to the party but I finally listened to Padam Padam in full and she’s done it again!

spacer.png