Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:58 PM, Burqa said:

HOTN and TWDFL are both the worst songs on the album... what she needs to do is release Running 

Who the hell thinks those songs are worse than Green Light, One More Time, 10/10, or the 3 deluxe tracks

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

Now not too much on Grammy Light :tsk: It's like a lush and slightly slutty combination of Magic and Miss a Thing, I've been hooked since first listen

Given how Kylie has mentioned several times that she's feeling more inspired than ever, I do hope the recent sessions are turning into full album instead of a Tension re-package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RT Air said:

Now not too much on Grammy Light :tsk: It's like a lush and slightly slutty combination of Magic and Miss a Thing, I've been hooked since first listen

Given how Kylie has mentioned several times that she's feeling more inspired than ever, I do hope the recent sessions are turning into full album instead of a Tension re-package.

Which is exactly why it should’ve been on Disco and not this :coffee:

• Like 1

Nex tour is definitely gonna be interesting considering how much new material she hasnt performed... But then again it's gonna end up being the standard 15 certified classics we all expect + Kids + a left field choice + 4 new songs :redface:

I hope we get some kind of update soon. If she's releasing this year she should be delivering the finalised album around May for a November release.

The idea of back to back albums has me shaking with excitement ngl :jonny5:

• Haha 2

Green Light, One More Time, and Love Train are all a bit too Disco’d for my tastes, which is probably my biggest problem with Tension as a whole… it feels like an extension of Disco rather than a completely new, full fledged album. 

• Like 1

I still cant believe she didnt tour neither Disco or Tension 🤦🤦🤦🤦

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Green Light, One More Time, and Love Train are all a bit too Disco’d for my tastes, which is probably my biggest problem with Tension as a whole… it feels like an extension of Disco rather than a completely new, full fledged album. 

agree about green light, one more time is more like 'stream me once' scrap it scratches my ears, I hope it's a new album and not a reissue too, mainly because I want new flavors.

I can't believe we didn't get a video for HOTN

• Like 2

I think the tension deluxe reissue will be very guest list edition, so all album and bonus tracks, 4-5 new songs, and remixes.

hoping she puts some of the songs from the cutting room floor on it, but considering she has been in the studio as well we might get a fame monster type of slay

• Like 1

Vegas High still deserve to be a single for the summer. it won't happen, but let me hope.

2 hours ago, ReachOut said:

Vegas High still deserve to be a single for the summer. it won't happen, but let me hope.

music video ?! OMG a gurl can dream

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

People from SayHey are talking about a whole new album coming later this year or in early 2025, and it makes sense considering even before Tension was released Kylie was talking about KM17 coming in 2025 in interviews and lately she has been in the studio constantly and has been working with so many producers/writers. Sound is likely to be in the vein of Padam Padam and Tension.

Edited by ithinkheknowsoutsold
  • Like 4

So, no Tension reissue this summer? I thought it was confirmed and ready to go...

10 minutes ago, Sexual_Gold said:

So, no Tension reissue this summer? I thought it was confirmed and ready to go...

It might still come, but I think it will probably be a smaller affair than originally intended. The Disco re-issue felt like an effective relaunch for that era, this might be just a little gift to the fans ahead of the summer festival slots and as a thank you for all the love lately.

• Like 1

I would gladly take a new album as this died for me few days after the release, but firstly we need Heavenly Body on streaming!

• Like 2

This was such a big era for her!! It had a lot of longevity.

Cant wait for the next album :loki:

• Like 1

Are there any leaked demos from the Tension era, that I could collect and pretend are for a Tension reissue? In case it doesn't happen.

• Like 2

"Tension" is my favorite song of 2023.

I will tell my kids "Hands" was the lead single of the Barbie movie.

"Vegas High" is a career highlight.

The bridge from "Things We Do For Love" always sends me to heaven.

"Padam Padam" is a Grammy winning song.

What an era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Schami66 said:

Are there any leaked demos from the Tension era, that I could collect and pretend are for a Tension reissue? In case it doesn't happen.

collected info about the tracks here on atrl while the mass leaks were happening so these should be from this era give or take. I saved the ones in my library that are at lest fine to listen imo but those with * mark should have been released officially, they are just so good:jonny5:   Heartbreak City, Vegas Baby and Running may be one of my favorite (unreleased) songs from her ever

Electric

Go To

Happy

Heartbreak City*

Hello*

More Than A Feeling*

Piano

Puppet On A String

Running*

Star In Our Eyes

Talk With Your Body

Tears Of Joy*