Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

besides Padam, Tension and One More Time I don't use any of the songs anymore :katie: 

girllllll.... Hold On to Now and Story clears x

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

39 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

OMT NEEDS to be a single 

Sorry but for me this is the worst song on the album :rip:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RT Air said:

I guess they count Vegas as part of the era, so from Padam release until the end of the residency (May 2024) it’s already 12 months... They will probably drop an album re-release afterwards and fill the rest of the year with that, maybe with some outdoor festival gigs thrown in for the summer.

With the Padam momentum I really thought this would be Kylie’s huge comeback era, and I believe the potential was really there, but her team just let it fizzle out. :sad: They probably didn’t believe this era would make any bigger noise than the previous two, and by the time PP started smashing the Vegas deal had already been made a long time ago. We’ll have to accept Tension will go down as another entry in Kylie’s vast collection of missed opportunities lol

They really did. They let this entire summer go after June. They should’ve quickly scheduled **** and the wait for the album was way too long between Padam and it. Hopefully she’s putting together a full Padam-esque album and will promote both on a tour

So which power hungry admin gave me a warning? Did I upset someone or was it the comment of North Korea that set them off cause they are clearly acting like a dictator 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Where's the video for HotN? I'm pretty sure I've heard her say there are multiple videos done already in one of the interviews.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AdrianNicki said:

Where's the video for HotN? I'm pretty sure I've heard her say there are multiple videos done already in one of the interviews.

Yeah like can she drop it already so we can get some more content

8 hours ago, Shoful said:

They really did. They let this entire summer go after June. They should’ve quickly scheduled **** and the wait for the album was way too long between Padam and it. Hopefully she’s putting together a full Padam-esque album and will promote both on a tour

It was a standard wait between the first single and the album release. Yall are just greedy and impatient. 

• Like 1

I dont think the wait betweem PP and the album was that long but the gap between PP and Tension the song definitely felt like that. I understand WHY they wanted to wait so long but it's not like their plan was catapulting PP to the top of the charts or she was everywhere promoting it like it was CGYOOMH.

imo, releasing Tension sooner it wouldve probably jumped off of PP's success easier and quicker. Leave album launch week to promote single #3 and you get 3 easy hits from a single album. But alas. In hindsight, if she had been free to record a couple of harder electronic songs last minute to reflect PP and Tension's sound more they mightve gotten a bit more longevity and potential for a fourth single by now but needing to wait 6 months for physicals to be ready makes it hard for any sound course correction. And casuals and new fans that connected with the 2 singles might not have done that with the rest of the album.

The question now tho is, will they just move on to K17 next year or do a faux side B/ep/reissue to relaunch the era with tour dates for 2025 (feels crazy to even type that number ngl what is time :deadbanana2:). If it's the latter it better serve quality to justify it cause if they dare to use old leftovers again or just 3 new songs it's not gonna help moving units.

Not to mention a fraction of her stanbase might start being cautious when buying a physical album first week if at this point it's a norm for her to reissie a full edition of the record in 10 months...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

I dont think the wait betweem PP and the album was that long but the gap between PP and Tension the song definitely felt like that. I understand WHY they wanted to wait so long but it's not like their plan was catapulting PP to the top of the charts or she was everywhere promoting it like it was CGYOOMH.

imo, releasing Tension sooner it wouldve probably jumped off of PP's success easier and quicker. Leave album launch week to promote single #3 and you get 3 easy hits from a single album. But alas. In hindsight, if she had been free to record a couple of harder electronic songs last minute to reflect PP and Tension's sound more they mightve gotten a bit more longevity and potential for a fourth single by now but needing to wait 6 months for physicals to be ready makes it hard for any sound course correction. And casuals and new fans that connected with the 2 singles might not have done that with the rest of the album.

The question now tho is, will they just move on to K17 next year or do a faux side B/ep/reissue to relaunch the era with tour dates for 2025 (feels crazy to even type that number ngl what is time :deadbanana2:). If it's the latter it better serve quality to justify it cause if they dare to use old leftovers again or just 3 new songs it's not gonna help moving units.

Not to mention a fraction of her stanbase might start being cautious when buying a physical album first week if at this point it's a norm for her to reissie a full edition of the record in 10 months...

Yea exactly there was legit nothing going on for two full months in the middle of the album campaign. The wait between PP and Title was so long for having zero promo besides a couple PP performances in June

• Like 1

One More Time is simply one of her worst songs ever. It's like something off DISCO but twice as boring and that chorus is SO uninspired. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Rigalo said:

OMT NEEDS to be a single 

It’s a HIT for sure. She sounds so good on it.

2 hours ago, Lachlan said:

One More Time is simply one of her worst songs ever. It's like something off DISCO but twice as boring and that chorus is SO uninspired. 

It’s grown on me but the way she says “one more tiiiiiiiiime” during the chorus is so flat and monotone it makes me cringe every time :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

One More Grammy is a bop and the superior sister track to I Love It 0BYtqyt.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It’s grown on me but the way she says “one more tiiiiiiiiime” during the chorus is so flat and monotone it makes me cringe every time :deadbanana2:

Totally agree, it's one of those tracks that grew on me but the chorus is so bland. I love the production towards the end though. 

• Like 3

I loved One More Time since the snippet leaked. It's interesting how this album divided fanbase, most seem to love it but I'm in the group of people too dissapointed with lack of other PPs/Tensions on the album. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I loved One More Time since the snippet leaked. It's interesting how this album divided fanbase, most seem to love it but I'm in the group of people too dissapointed with lack of other PPs/Tensions on the album. 

I don’t mind the lack of Padams, but I don’t think the album tracks are particularly outstanding either. While they’re all at least good, I don’t think the majority have that ‘spark’ that would make me want to revisit them years from now. It kind of reminds me of Kiss Me Once in that regard, take the likes of Million Miles or Feels So Good for example… great tracks but I can’t recall the last time I actively went back to listen to them. :michael: 

For now I still really enjoy Tension, but in retrospect I think it will go down as the Padam Padam era or maybe as a ‘transitional’ album leading up to something more distinctive. 

Edited by RT Air
  • Like 1

If y’all think the HIT that’s is OMT is bad id be scared to see what y’all like on this album :mazen: first full Kylie album I ever listened to and…

:clack:

23 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

If y’all think the HIT that’s is OMT is bad id be scared to see what y’all like on this album :mazen: first full Kylie album I ever listened to and

:clack:

that's your mistake right there

nicki.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shoful said:

BABY BREAK THE TENSION:WAP:

Still slaps like its the first time Ive heard it 

kylie minogue glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 6:23 AM, RT Air said:

One More Grammy is a bop and the superior sister track to I Love It 0BYtqyt.png

I Love It (Extended Mix) > every Tension song besides the title track and Hands :katie:

• Haha 1

I’m not seeing enough love for “Somebody To Love” aka top 5 on Tension aka All The Lovers 2.0 

spacer.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I Love It (Extended Mix) > every Tension song besides the title track and Hands :katie:

me when it’s opposite day

607DGiz.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1