Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

On 11/11/2023 at 5:54 PM, Asparagus Spears said:

I’d actually prefer a new album next year and then for her to tour after that. Her golden tour and that festival run after were kinda getting stale for me. So for her to have 3 new albums to tour from and the fact she hasn’t had a tour since 2019, that would excite me and would wanna make me go. I love the idea of her in the round like she hinted for disco but with songs from tension and I guess new ones… 

in theory yes but, will she be focusing on the albums that she hasnt toured for tho? She LOOOOOOOVES doing the hits :redface:

When K17 tour happens in 2025 and it's 3 new songs + Say Something + PP, Tension, HOTN + 15 standard Kylie classics she's been doing for the last 25 years then what :redface:

• Haha 3

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

2 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

in theory yes but, will she be focusing on the albums that she hasnt toured for tho? She LOOOOOOOVES doing the hits :redface:

When K17 tour happens in 2025 and it's 3 new songs + Say Something + PP, Tension, HOTN + 15 standard Kylie classics she's been doing for the last 25 years then what :redface:

Nnnnn; the LACK of lies 

2 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

dddd the fact that this is exactly what will happen :redface:

Remember when she performed 11/12 tracks from Aphrodite? Also 10/13 from X just a few years earlier. :'( Kiss Me Once really cursed her tours

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Godlie won at the ariaa awards - best pop launch

Edited by helen2U
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, RT Air said:

dddd the fact that this is exactly what will happen :redface:

Remember when she performed 11/12 tracks from Aphrodite? Also 10/13 from X just a few years earlier. :'( Kiss Me Once really cursed her tours

I’m sorry but this is not true at all:deadbanana:

I just counted her Live album tracks from Aphrodite, KMO, and Golden. She performed 9 tracks off Aphrodite. And 9 tracks off Golden era (including NYC which was new). Besides KMO tour she pretty much sticks around 10 off the album

It feels weird that the era is basically done... she usually keeps the eras alive after album release but I guess they focused now on the Vegas residency... and I cannot blame her, it's probably a very lucrative gig for her. Where is the HOTN video though? :fish2:

The prices are outrageous and I would prefer something more "Tension" focused but I am considering on going as it looks really fun and Queen looks good. I hope they could've given X a little love.

Speaking of her concerts, does someone know where can I buy the Golden concert film in digital? Was it only released in DVD :rip:?

I think it's her only concert I have not seen and I went to iTunes and it's not there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

It feels weird that the era is basically done... she usually keeps the eras alive after album release but I guess they focused now on the Vegas residency... and I cannot blame her, it's probably a very lucrative gig for her. Where is the HOTN video though? :fish2:

The prices are outrageous and I would prefer something more "Tension" focused but I am considering on going as it looks really fun and Queen looks good. I hope they could've given X a little love.

Speaking of her concerts, does someone know where can I buy the Golden concert film in digital? Was it only released in DVD :rip:?

I think it's her only concert I have not seen and I went to iTunes and it's not there.

Due to her Vegas deal, she most likely is not allowed to speak about doing her own tour until after she finishes the last Vegas show. I highly doubt the era is over just like that. 

• Like 1

As long as she started working on an album full of Padam, Title, Vegas High, Drum, and Heavenly Body I’m fine. Cause that will absolutely amazing for a Summer release :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Shoful said:

As long as she started working on an album full of Padam, Title, Vegas High, Drum, and Heavenly Body I’m fine. Cause that will absolutely amazing for a Summer release :WAP:

with the ammount of variants they usually do it'll take them ~6 months to press anyways so even if she finished the album today it wouldnt be out til May/June :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2023 at 8:47 PM, Shoful said:

I’m sorry but this is not true at all:deadbanana:

I just counted her Live album tracks from Aphrodite, KMO, and Golden. She performed 9 tracks off Aphrodite. And 9 tracks off Golden era (including NYC which was new). Besides KMO tour she pretty much sticks around 10 off the album

Are you sure about Aphrodite? I‘ve just had a look at the Les Folies setlist and she indeed performed every track from Aphrodite except Too Much. Can’t Beat The Feeling might count as half a song though because it was a mash-up with LAFS.

I stand corrected on Golden, although at the date I went to she only performed about 30 seconds from NYC and only the chorus from Raining Glitter. Also she cut Radio On completely from the set, which is why I got confused. :chick3:

Edited by RT Air
  • Like 1

Since the Body Language topic was shut down , i think the admin team want us to keep flooding the tension one with Body Language stuff? 

40 minutes ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Since the Body Language topic was shut down , i think the admin team want us to keep flooding the tension one with Body Language stuff? 

No i told you it would get closed. Anniversary Edition cant be in the music thread. Ive tried before. 

5 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

No i told you it would get closed. Anniversary Edition cant be in the music thread. Ive tried before. 

This place is like north korea sometimes

• Haha 4

There's a Kylie Minogue thread in the Base forum for non-Tension things.

Edited by TheGreatestX

On 11/17/2023 at 12:47 PM, TheGreatestX said:

There's a Kylie Minogue thread in the Base forum for non-Tension things.

Thats nice , but no thanks 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So basically i am gonna be broke thanks to this Queen.

So many pre orders right now.

We need 

X (Vinyl)

Light Years (World Wide Vinyl)

Coloured Vinyls For

E.Y

R.O.L

L.G.T.I

Aphrodite 

The body language vinyl is basically sold out now. 

3 hours ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

The body language vinyl is basically sold out now. 

It’s still available everywhere to me except JB Hi-Fi? :confused: Sanity, Amazon, Townsend, JPC all have it in stock still

It's frustrating that they keep excluding bonus tracks from those releases. If they don't want to include any scrapped songs, that's fine but at least release the complete edition with all released songs. In this case it was a perfect opportunity to not only include deluxe/regional bonus tracks but also b-sides such as City Games and Almost a Lover.

Edited by AdrianNicki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I swear I saw an article where BMG said the Tension era would last 18 months. The album flopped compared to DISCO, spending only four weeks on the charts and they’ve completely neglected HOTN as a single. If they resume the era after the residency then I feel like it’ll be too late and everyone will have moved on.

46 minutes ago, popstickle said:

I swear I saw an article where BMG said the Tension era would last 18 months. The album flopped compared to DISCO, spending only four weeks on the charts and they’ve completely neglected HOTN as a single. If they resume the era after the residency then I feel like it’ll be too late and everyone will have moved on.

I guess they count Vegas as part of the era, so from Padam release until the end of the residency (May 2024) it’s already 12 months... They will probably drop an album re-release afterwards and fill the rest of the year with that, maybe with some outdoor festival gigs thrown in for the summer.

With the Padam momentum I really thought this would be Kylie’s huge comeback era, and I believe the potential was really there, but her team just let it fizzle out. :sad: They probably didn’t believe this era would make any bigger noise than the previous two, and by the time PP started smashing the Vegas deal had already been made a long time ago. We’ll have to accept Tension will go down as another entry in Kylie’s vast collection of missed opportunities lol

• Like 1