Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

the more new songs she will have, its gonna be easier to pay dust to essential disco non-singles or tension non-singles :thing: she already botched supernova for vegas residency 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

1 minute ago, campelo said:

the more new songs she will have, its gonna be easier to pay dust to essential disco non-singles or tension non-singles :thing: she already botched supernova for vegas residency 

after night one

• ATRL Moderator

After sitting with the album for a little bit, I hate to say but this is the biggest disappointment of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

9 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I was kinda hoping for Tension either the track or the album to be nominated for the Grammys

do grammy's /award shows ever make sense?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, khalyan said:

After sitting with the album for a little bit, I hate to say but this is the biggest disappointment of the year. 

why tho? I utterly love it, albeit there's no touring of it, nor does she sing much of it in vegas

• ATRL Moderator
48 minutes ago, helen2U said:

why tho? I utterly love it, albeit there's no touring of it, nor does she sing much of it in vegas

I just feel so catfished by Padam and Tension that the rest of the songs don't match up. I have tried listening to the album (I have it on vinyl) but I just don't get attached to any of the songs other than those two. 

• Like 1

Just now, khalyan said:

I just feel so catfished by Padam and Tension that the rest of the songs don't match up. I have tried listening to the album (I have it on vinyl) but I just don't get attached to any of the songs other than those two. 

and I totally avoid padam like the plague LOL and 10/10 too; the rest flows for me 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, helen2U said:

and I totally avoid padam like the plague LOL and 10/10 too; the rest flows for me 

I think the rest almost flows too well for me.  There aren’t clear standouts in the songs and the melodies don’t stick with you after you listen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

I think the rest almost flows too well for me.  There aren’t clear standouts in the songs and the melodies don’t stick with you after you listen. 

that's a matter of taste, preferences, for me it's a few songs minus 10/10 which is nice but not part of the album because it doesn't fit the story, one more time. I really love the rest. it feels and sounds consistent and meaty and cohesive just not with the tracks above. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khalyan said:

i mean, ever so often, the lead (singles) do(es)n't represent the whole album... we were all wishing for more house-y style like the first two singles had but they also chose to satisfy the old hags who prefer this cute pop (things we do for love, still get me high) kylie's known for. BUT don't tell me "hold on to now" didn't do anything for you? vegas high, story?

more in the vein of PP and T are the bonus tracks (unavailable on streaming) heavenly body and drum (i can't even find them on ytb :dies:), def listen to these.

we were all begging for this demo to be released

and there's so many more demos that'd have improved the album such as unlimited love/to be in love, go to, electric, more than a feeling...

for me, tension is her best BMG album.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i mean, ever so often, the lead (singles) do(es)n't represent the whole album... we were all wishing for more house-y style like the first two singles had but they also chose to satisfy the old hags who prefer this cute pop (things we do for love, still get me high) kylie's known for. BUT don't tell me "hold on to now" didn't do anything for you? vegas high, story?

more in the vein of PP and T are the bonus tracks (unavailable on streaming) heavenly body and drum (i can't even find them on ytb :dies:), def listen to these.

and there's so many more demos that'd have improved the album such as unlimited love/to be in love, go to, electric, more than a feeling...

We need Water to be released!!! :bam:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator

Maybe I have to relisten, You Still Get Me High was the non-single I connected with most when I listened. :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

Just now, khalyan said:

Maybe I have to relisten, You Still Get Me High was the non-single I connected with most when I listened. :toofunny2:

I love the demo of that song more than the official one on the album which is wild to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miichael said:

We need Water to be released!!! :bam:

OMG that one! they went CRAY with the vocals chef's kiss! wooo weeeee

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

but sis that's the typical kylie style the whole tension is in :cupid: like @helen2U said the demo is even better! very Jepsen-esque but improved.

but sis that's the typical kylie style the whole tension is in :cupid: like @helen2U said the demo is even better! very Jepsen-esque but improved.

I wish they didn't change it and kept it as is, truly, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, helen2U said:

I wish they didn't change it and kept it as is, truly, 

they old-hag-anized it :eli: 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Frozen99 said:

they old-hag-anized it :eli: 

it really sounds fabulous as is, they were like let's make it more ''polished'' and kinda ruined the vibe for me with too much rubbing and touching it there kylie

• Like 1

Just my two cents but I think changing the Hands lyrics to

Right, yeah, everything I do is so right, yeah
Kylie, I'm that cherry on top of the cake

would've made it more iconic :gaycat6:

• Like 3

On 11/12/2023 at 4:20 PM, khalyan said:

It's true that the first and second single doesn't set the tone for the whole album, but I guess that's not entirely bad. After a long time of replaying this album non-stop, I can say that my only problem is that some of the songs have great productions, others have nice ideas but the whole songs are not that it, and some deserved a place in a different order on the tracklist.

However, I don't feel it's a bad album, it just feels a little more generic of what we expected. The fans really set the bar high when this was first announced. It's a good project and especially after her country-dance, and disco themes (it's closer to her usual sound), she recorded an album which felt more Kylie. 

• Like 1

I think it's good that the whole album is not like Padam and Tension. If the whole album was just club/house music it would be exhausting to listen to. Even Renaissance, which is mostly club/house album, had r&b, afrobeat and hiphop influences to make the album more diverse.

The only change I would make personally is including Heavenly Body on the standard version and perhaps replacing You Still Get Me High and Green Light/Somebody to Love with More Than a Feeling and To Be in Love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2023 at 8:19 AM, khalyan said:

i wouldn’t say it was a huge disappointment for me but i definitely haven’t gone back to it much since release week aside from vegas high & drum

it reminds me of KMO, not a terrible album by any means but a bit too directionless and will age fast, which means it won’t stand out in her discography

Disco is her only well-crafted and memorable post-Aphrodite album for me although i think a lot of fans would disagree 

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 1