Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

17 hours ago, campelo said:

Not her having the streams split up

in two now, too soon

Arent they including the original versions on the second disc now too to stop that from happening :redface:

• Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

18 hours ago, rta1913 said:

Wait why are people saying this sounds dated and has a lot of filler? 

is it just because it’s not having “longevity” in the charts?

It’s already most played Kylie album :rip:

Well in lastfm, and I started scrobbling in 2014. 

I found it to be just feel good pop, nothing ground breaking but far from dated. 

I wouldn’t call it dated but I feel like it just doesn’t have much replay value honestly except for a few songs. I love DISCO so much and it aged like fine wine for me but Tension is a bit faceless and most songs don’t give you reason to play them more than a couple times imo if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PopKills said:

I wouldn’t call it dated but I feel like it just doesn’t have much replay value honestly except for a few songs. I love DISCO so much and it aged like fine wine for me but Tension is a bit faceless and most songs don’t give you reason to play them more than a couple times imo if that makes sense. 

Interesting... I guess it's just a matter of taste then. I barely use DISCO anymore, except for a handful of songs. But then Tension is still pretty new so I guess we'll see.

Currently TWDFL has me on a chockehold, and the two first singles refuse to die in my lastfm charts

• Like 1

Been listening to this album lately, definitely not better than Disco but I’ll take it. 

• Like 1

I’m not in love with the 1980s and its style of music production, I know I’m supposed to feel nostalgic for that style of production but I simply don’t. If the album had been more anchored to the house/ dance music styles of the 1990s, I would be happy with this body of work.

• Like 1

what's point of withholding drum & heavenly body from streaming? the songs are out so all payments had to be done, why not just put them on streaming? idgi. same with olivia's bonuses. so annoying. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

what's point of withholding drum & heavenly body from streaming? the songs are out so all payments had to be done, why not just put them on streaming? idgi. same with olivia's bonuses. so annoying. 

Speculation suggests there will be another final and complete iteration of the album released in spring 2024 that will include those (and more).

Edited by Dante Silva
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dante Silva said:

Speculation suggests there will be another final and complete iteration of the album released in spring 2024 that will include those (and more).

another itiration? .. 

hills-staringd1szj.gif

Some fans (not necessarily from here), have misunderstood where the desire for “The Kylie Show” to happen first came from and automatically assumed Kylie’s team approached ITV with the idea (when it was the other way round) and it’s rumoured that to make the contract negotiations a success, ITV had to agree to license the show for later use by BMG.

Based on how “Infinite Disco” was later officially released months after its initial livestream, I suspect “The Kylie Show” will be later used in much the same way, on a similarly formatted product to “Disco Guest List”, a product that will also give a home to the final versions of some of the more recent leaks (one of which, will be the re-pack launch single).

I believe “Extension” is merely the middle bridge that links phase one to phase three of the complete and overarching “TENSION” album rollout strategy.

• Like 1

I don't think I agree with this album having no replay value. I've been listening to this album non-stop in full since it came out. It's my album of the year.

I'm excited for Extension but I try not to have high expectations because the extended versions for Padam and Tension weren't that good. I feel like Tension had potential. If they moved that instrumental part to the end and added third chorus after that it would have been perfect to be honest. But there are few songs that I think can only gain from extended mixes. Mainly Hands and Vegas High. It sucks they choose to ignore deluxe tracks because Just Imagine extended mix would be great.

• Like 2

give the current state of the album on the charts (nonexistent) i seriously doubt they'll investing that much into the album as was the case with disco.

9 hours ago, AdrianNicki said:

I don't think I agree with this album having no replay value. I've been listening to this album non-stop in full since it came out. It's my album of the year.

I'm excited for Extension but I try not to have high expectations because the extended versions for Padam and Tension weren't that good. I feel like Tension had potential. If they moved that instrumental part to the end and added third chorus after that it would have been perfect to be honest. But there are few songs that I think can only gain from extended mixes. Mainly Hands and Vegas High. It sucks they choose to ignore deluxe tracks because Just Imagine extended mix would be great.

yeah i disagree as well, it's easily her best album since X for me, there's at least one song i play on daily basis. the only disappointing thing is how they abandoned it after the release week.

• Like 1

Somebody to love is infectious & I want an exTended version

• Like 1

This album is great, who is saying it has no replay value? :skull: I’ve been listening to it non-stop since it came out. I love how varied it is compared to Golden and Disco. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is easily the best extended mix so far. It still feels a little empty in some places but it's a massive improvement over the last two. 

• Like 1

yeah they learned from the two butchered ones, the elevation the extended mix did for the song..

azbiw8ogfj2n.gif

• Haha 1

it’s a shame because the shoot is amazing and the single covers are cute, but the Tension cover is absolute TRASH. not even a romanian pop girl would put out artwork like that :biblio:

• Thanks 1

I wonder if hold on to now will make any noise and be a cute lil hit for her 

2 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

it’s a shame because the shoot is amazing and the single covers are cute, but the Tension cover is absolute TRASH. not even a romanian pop girl would put out artwork like that :biblio:

I think it’s her best cover. It’s so cvnt

• Like 1

banner.jpg

Best Female Single Of The Year

ROUND 10 / Top 53

Kylies Tension & Padam Still surviving 

Vote Here:

Good Luck to Kylie

Edited by Ivan_brit

On 10/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, PopKills said:

I think I agree. I kept replaying Disco and when the extended version came out I kept listening to it. I still listen to it sometimes and I haven't listened to Tension since it came out! I do like Tension and Vegas High though.

20 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

It’s actually really grown on me :skull: Specifically the standard version i.e. the green and orange one. It just screams TENSION to me idk. Probably my favorite BMG cover of hers. 

• Like 2

I suspect we might finally get to see the cover art without any recolouring or touch ups when the anticipated final edition of the album gets released next year.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dante Silva said:

I suspect we might finally get to see the cover art without any recolouring or touch ups when the anticipated final edition of the album gets released next year.

That one will have 2012 pixlr app glitter effect all over just to mess with us LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1