Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

5 hours ago, allforyou said:

I'm shocked that it's only been 4 weeks and the album is already out of the top 100 in the UK :deadbanana2: I thought this record was gonna have LONGEVITY

It’s shocking indeed, not to start anything but in comparison Madonna’s Finally enough love (a new remix album) sits at number #78 this week and has a total of 43 weeks on the chart! 

In my opinion Tension was a very poor choice for a single, I listened to the album and there are catchier songs, Tension is one of my least favourite I think.

I like the vibe of Somebody to love and You still get me high 🫶🏻

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

I recently got into I'm So High on Light Years. One of the lines in the chorus is "you're the reason I'm so high".

I like to think You Still Get Me High as the follow up to I'm So High.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Btw where is the album survivor?

yessss I can’t wait for it!! :duca:

3 hours ago, HardBambi said:

It’s shocking indeed, not to start anything but in comparison Madonna’s Finally enough love (a new remix album) sits at number #78 this week and has a total of 43 weeks on the chart! 

In my opinion Tension was a very poor choice for a single, I listened to the album and there are catchier songs, Tension is one of my least favourite I think.

I like the vibe of Somebody to love and You still get me high 🫶🏻

Finally Enough Love is acting like a greatest hits in UK, the top 15 most streamed from it are counting for the chart, and since she has an endless amount of hits... a proper GH compilation wouldn't exit the chart for years :swan:  (Kylie's GH is almost always in the 100-150 region, will be her first Platinum album since Aphrodite soon).

Tension doesn't get that luxury though.

This album is very dated, sounds like it could possibly have come out 10 years exactly. Literally out of all the albums ppl throw that around with this is the perfect example. Not particularly bad, just dated and definitely contains too many fillers. 

The fact Padam Padam was a smash and still is struggling to carry the album is very scary tho tbh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Great808 said:

This album is very dated, sounds like it could possibly have come out 10 years exactly. Literally out of all the albums ppl throw that around with this is the perfect example. Not particularly bad, just dated and definitely contains too many fillers. 

The fact Padam Padam was a smash and still is struggling to carry the album is very scary tho tbh

Only 1/10 of Padam and Tension's streams count for the UK album chart (they downweight the top 2 tracks in 10). This is why they should've pushed HOTN from the start.

13 hours ago, Popboi. said:

A few reliable vinyl instagram accounts posted about it, the info came from a Czech pressing plant.

it's so funny the vinyls get printed in my home state and then sent from the uk (like the tension or the troye LP) :dies: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HardBambi said:

Finally Enough Love is just hogging the streams of the old hits to chart, people aren't streaming those remixes. 

not Extension being just the extended mixes and not the reissue:redface: :redface:

Starting to suspect KM17 is indeed actually coming next year with a tour only happening in 2025 :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

:duca:

The same happened last week with the HOTN release before it was announced. They are clearly aiming at the Xmas market with this.   

But still no a word about Body Language vinyl for 20th anniversary 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winged said:

But still no a word about Body Language vinyl for 20th anniversary 

Watch it be announced end of Nov for an early Jan release.

:jonny:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Watch it be announced end of Nov for an early Jan release.

:jonny:

But why release it after its anniversary? Would not that make her money around Xmas?

2 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

:duca:

SLAYYYY. We need Drum and HB on this but I fear it won’t be

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy said:

EXTENSION is such a genius name :deadbanana:

Someone on here already said that name but in regarding to a deluxe edition being called "Extension" 

This looks so cool! Hopefully Heavenly Body and Drum are included!

Wait why are people saying this sounds dated and has a lot of filler? 

is it just because it’s not having “longevity” in the charts?

It’s already most played Kylie album :rip:

Well in lastfm, and I started scrobbling in 2014. 

I found it to be just feel good pop, nothing ground breaking but far from dated. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xokuba said:

This looks so cool! Hopefully Heavenly Body and Drum are included!

42 minutes ago, Shoful said:

SLAYYYY. We need Drum and HB on this but I fear it won’t be

its only the standard version

• Like 1