Kylie Minogue - 'Tension'

T.O.A.D.S.

Its funny the writters demo for Hands sounds so odd , its exactly the same just sung by a guy with a high vocal lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Winged

• Frozen99

• helen2U

• Pop Music Aussie

11 hours ago, Pop Music Aussie said:

Yeah , However if you look at all the demos leaked it fits in perfectly to the 'City Games' theme. I love BL album but also love the concept of CG 

They should have incorporated City Games more into Ultimate Kylie. 

There was no reason to limit it to two new songs. Plenty of GH have 5 or so new songs.

The album has incredible songs and she wasted all her energy in the only bad song on the record :psyduck: and now we are just waiting for the next era, crazy 

3 hours ago, campelo said:

The album has incredible songs and she wasted all her energy in the only bad song on the record :psyduck: and now we are just waiting for the next era, crazy 

you meant padam padam? i dont see her doing much tbh, it doesn't even have a legit tv performance.  

1 hour ago, Junlin said:

you meant padam padam? i dont see her doing much tbh, it doesn't even have a legit tv performance.  

I assumed they meant Hold On To Now cause she’s been prioritizing that sing forever and forcing it in everyone. I personally like it but I know a lot of fans hate it

I don't hate Hold on to Now but it's just so uninteresting. She has plenty of songs like that in her discography. IDK what's so special about this one. But there is a certain group of fans that would like her to stick to that same old, "emotopop" as she likes to call it, type songs. Padam and Tension were a welcome breath of fresh air.

6 hours ago, campelo said:

I feel like she didn't waste her energy at all this era, because she barely used it. Can you believe the album came out over a month ago and there still have been no performances since then besides the O2 Shepherd gig?

Enough time has passed so I can say "Things We De For Love" >>>>>> "Hold On to Now"

I love HOTN but yes she's been there done that. It gets more euphoric than most of her "emotopop" songs but still nothing new.

TWDFL is euphoric, anthemic, relatable. That bridge and outro whew, even the visualizer is top notch.

I agree that it is weird the "lack of promo" for this album. She was everywhere when DISCO dropped. And I doubt we will get anything else, the residency starts next weekend...

• Like 2

Hold On To Now is a discography highlight, but I’m not shocked people are indifferent towards it after how they also mistreated the masterpiece that is Say Something :coffee2:

Padam - Tension - HOTN is a flawless singles run, but then again the single choices for all BMG albums were impeccable imo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shoful said:

I assumed they meant Hold On To Now cause she’s been prioritizing that sing forever and forcing it in everyone. I personally like it but I know a lot of fans hate it

It's okay but sounds like another "All the Lovers" "I believe in You" only her vocals sound like demo vocals and are grating. She should've chosen "Vegas High."

I still think Vegas High is her most regressive song in years… :rip:

It’s barely above New York City in quality (but is well-disguised being a Supernova rehash) with non-sensical lyrics and the sole purpose of plugging a product. Essentially a sister track to Fine Wine which wasn’t her finest (no pun intended) moment either, lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RT Air said:

I still think Vegas High is her most regressive song in years… :rip:

It’s barely above New York City in quality (but is well-disguised being a Supernova rehash) with non-sensical lyrics and the sole purpose of plugging a product. Essentially a sister track to Fine Wine which wasn’t her finest (no pun intended) moment either, lol

It’s more about how catchy it is… people are not here for her slow songs this era that’s the point

Happy with the singles so far, Vegas High deserves to be next single. A fifth single would be great, but I would love her to focus recording a new record more likely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Winged said:

Vegas High or Green Light would have been better 

absolutely not 'Green Light' babes x

'Things We Do For Love', 'Vegas High' or 'Story' should be the 4th/final single

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Winged said:

It’s more about how catchy it is… people are not here for her slow songs this era that’s the point

I say let’s give it a chance, it surely won’t be as big as the first two singles, but all we know is that despite releasing two bangers back to back and getting singles chart success, Tension is Kylie’s slowest selling BMG album so far. :michael:

Maybe HOTN is just what her album buying audience is looking for and they will give the record a well-needed push.

Edited by RT Air

I'm shocked that it's only been 4 weeks and the album is already out of the top 100 in the UK :deadbanana2: I thought this record was gonna have LONGEVITY

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, allforyou said:

I'm shocked that it's only been 4 weeks and the album is already out of the top 100 in the UK :deadbanana2: I thought this record was gonna have LONGEVITY

Yeah no one saw it coming, 4 weeks is even less than Impossible Princess. 

If it's any consolation, Rick Astley's album left the chart after 1 week and his last album didn't perform that differently to DISCO.

• Like 1

Rumors of a 2xLP being in production right now, no word if the deluxe, the version with Drum and Heavenly Body or if it's the extended mixes though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Rumors of a 2xLP being in production right now, no word if the deluxe, the version with Drum and Heavenly Body or if it's the extended mixes though.

Where they come from ?

11 minutes ago, Winged said:

Where they come from ?

A few reliable vinyl instagram accounts posted about it, the info came from a Czech pressing plant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allforyou said:

Especially when she had 2 successful singles and a lot of interviews 

• Like 1

Btw where is the album survivor?