• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• fridayteenage

• ItsJustMe.

• prézli

The one Disney sequel I’m actually looking forward to.

36 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Shes redoing her own project in another format

That is not the same as being a rent a writer

It's like james cameron doing avatar 2 vs. doing, like, independence day 2

it's still a cash grab the way I see it.. what Tina's doing might be even lazier cuz there's barely any or literally no new source material :skull: 

4 hours ago, Gossip_Boy said:

Yeah idk after how the Hocus Pocus sequel turned out.

It broke streaming records. 

10 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

It broke streaming records. 

Doesn’t change the fact that it was garbage (for me at least) which is what I was referring to.

1 hour ago, okgo said:

it's still a cash grab the way I see it.. what Tina's doing might be even lazier cuz there's barely any or literally no new source material :skull: 

I wouldn't consider, say, Oscar winner chicago, Oscar winner les miz, Oscar winner west side story, the coming wicked and color purple adaptations cashgrabs either. Its a different medium to show a work in a new light.

But ANYway, hope lindsay can finally get another hit

We need a three-way swap with Lindsay’s daughter aka HER

spacer.png

A Regina George spin-off should happen, not this.

Jamie has really been pushing for this and I'm wondering why. The 2003 remake is immaculate, maybe we should keep it that way? :weeps:

Would love to see them together in a different movie though, why not that!

18 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

I wouldn't consider, say, Oscar winner chicago, Oscar winner les miz, Oscar winner west side story, the coming wicked and color purple adaptations cashgrabs either. Its a different medium to show a work in a new light.

But ANYway, hope lindsay can finally get another hit

Sequels of Godfather, LOTR, Blade Runner, Bourne, Dark Knight, Mad Max etc also won Oscars if that's the basis for not being a cash grab.. we still have no clue what this one will be like to be fair the first movie on paper sounded like another basic family remake and it turned out to be v acclaimed and had critics saying JLC deserved an Oscar (Jamie herself said in this new NYT interview that was the first time she heard her name in the Oscar conversation)

and what we're not gonna do is pretend like lindsay didnt just have the biggest Xmas streaming movie released in 2022 :fan:

11 hours ago, genetic fail said:

spacer.png

If Lindsay's playing a mother it can't be of a kid in their mid/late teens imo unless they really mess up some dates/ages or her character would have to be pregnant in the first movie already :skull: 

I think it'd actually be funny if Jamie found out Lindsay's character was pregnant while she was in her body and would need to tell her about it. Anna might've been busy being a main rock girl with Pink Slip and hasn't wanted/had time to start her own family yet :fan:

Edited by okgo

On 5/10/2023 at 12:22 PM, BryceG said:

Disney+ was made for this.

no this deserves to be in theaters

On 5/10/2023 at 12:27 PM, Yog said:

Devil works hard but Jamie Lee Curtis works harder :clap3:

i'm so happy that she's still finding success. so inspiring to see her still have an active career especially outside of halloween at her age

On 5/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, Miichael said:

Yaaas Lindsay's comeback continues :jonny5:

as it ******* should. so happy for her

On 5/10/2023 at 3:23 PM, dillan said:

Lindsay will probably swap with her kid and Jamie will probably be a side character

that'd be a cute idea

On 5/10/2023 at 6:06 PM, okgo said:

I mean she's doing cashgrab musical remakes for Paramount+ so :dies: 

but yet won't give us a mean girls reunion? **** her

On 5/11/2023 at 6:38 AM, prézli said:

A Regina George spin-off should happen, not this.

wrong thread this is about freaky friday lol

On 5/11/2023 at 3:13 PM, okgo said:

I think it'd actually be funny if Jamie found out Lindsay's character was pregnant while she was in her body and would need to tell her about it. Anna might've been busy being a main rock girl with Pink Slip and hasn't wanted/had time to start her own family yet :fan:

that would actually be a perfect plot point to drive the story

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

wrong thread this is about freaky friday lol

Yes, I know what this thread is about. :skull: 

On 5/11/2023 at 2:30 AM, genetic fail said:

spacer.png

She was born before the first movie even came out. :skull: 

On 5/10/2023 at 8:23 PM, dillan said:

Lindsay will probably swap with her kid and Jamie will probably be a side character

There’s no way JLC would be relegated to a side character :skull:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Before anyone could step into the recording studio, the producers had to find an Anna, and they needed someone who could act and sing--the rest of the cast hinged on it. Lindsay auditioned in 2002 and… almost didn't get the part.

MARCI LIROFF (CASTING DIRECTOR): I kept bringing her up, but I remember everyone in the room said "no" to Lindsay because Disney had already made Parent Trap with her. We saw Mischa Barton, Kristen Stewart, Mae Whitman, Evan Rache Wood, Brie Larson, Emmy Rossum, Kristen Bell, Shiri Appleby, and Danielle Panabaker.

HEATHER HACH (SCREENWRITER): I know that Madonna really wanted to play Tess, the mom.

ANDREW GUNN (PRODUCER): The cast was going to be Annette Bening and Michelle Trachtenberg, and then we couldn't work out a schedule with Michelle and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

MARK WATERS (DIRECTOR): Lindsay was not one of the better reads we saw. But she had this compelling thing. Like, "Oh, god, this woman is watchable."

LIROFF: Once Lindsay was cast, I needed to find girls that could be believable in a band. I was looking at musicians but soon realized their personality was more important than their musical prowess. Raven-Symoné, Naya Rivera, Ashley Tisdale, Sophia Bush, and Kat Dennings all auditioned for band members.

HACH: We didn't want a group of super-models. We wanted it to feel like a band that you'd actually see in high school.

LIROFF: We cast Kelly Osbourne for the role of Maddie. But her mother became very ill with cancer, so Kelly had to drop out. I had already auditioned Christina for it, so I suggested her again.

CHRISTINA VIDAL (ACTOR, MADDIE): I went to about three auditions. It was at least a month before I even heard anything. Out of the blue, they called me and said booked it.

the full article is super interesting! :eek: I didnt know most of those names were up for the role, we've been getting so many articles with new tea about the making of the movie cuz of the 20th anniversary

the original band (or one of the members) who did Take Me Away was pressed that the cover version became way more known than theirs :dies: but they also said they contacted their label to pitch tracks for the sequel!

now let's hope Disney actually makes it happen and we get more new Pink Slip like we should have in 2003 :ducky:

90b41b2f0e8812ceec27f25e5fb5713d7beea737

Disney also recently released these

lets have olivia rodrigo for the soundtrack :jonny5: GUTS is freaky friday-coded all over

Edited by Asscatchem
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

lets have olivia rodrigo for the soundtrack :jonny5: GUTS is freaky friday-coded all over

Thought exactly the same thing lol. It would be perfect. :WAP:

Olivia Rodrigo's producer needs to work on this soundtrack or at least give some of Olivia's rejects to them so Olivia can score writing credit bragging rights for co-writing songs for other artists :jonnycat:

32 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

20 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Olivia Rodrigo's producer needs to work on this soundtrack or at least give some of Olivia's rejects to them so Olivia can score writing credit bragging rights for co-writing songs for other artists :jonnycat:

Your minds :jonnycat:

More great pieces from the past month, the way they are still the moment :clap3:

we need an album or EP release, it'd be so easy to put it together and they already have 2 classics!

imagine an actual Pink Slip LP :jonny5: Disney get to WORK

viFIBuw.gif

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.