• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• truthteller

• BrokenMachine

• vale9001

Top Posters In This Topic

The concept of the video is just amazing :chick3:

The "actual MV" scenes look extremely glossy and fake... how can y'all not get it immediately :deadbanana4:

This was a cool video, I like the unusual camera angles

Plus the cinematography is great, matches the song's mysterious vibe very well!

It made me appreciate the song more since I used to think Candy Necklace was a bit boring before its video was released. 

Hoping for at least one more video from this era! :heart:

5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

The "actual MV" scenes look extremely glossy and fake... how can y'all not get it immediately :deadbanana4:

That makes a lot of sense! :eek:

Candy Necklace = "candy", as in a metaphor for ostentatious 'fake' glamor. Glamor = necklace

5 hours ago, Bimbo said:

we like it when she leans into that because we know that she's just parodying ... it doesn't need to be spelled out to us like we're 2 year olds with all the BTS footage.

some stans keep saying the ppl who hate the video aren't intelligent enough to get the concept but it's literally the opposite, she explains the concept midway through the video :deadbanana: if anything it's TOO simply delivered.

42 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

That makes a lot of sense! :eek:

Candy Necklace = "candy", as in a metaphor for ostentatious 'fake' glamor. Glamor = necklace

:huh: 

16 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I don’t understand all of her references to death or tragedy. Especially on an album that reflects on the death of her loved ones. Not trying to criticize her at all, just wondering how they’re connected in context of the album. 

Death is something that fascinates Lana (I think that’s fair to say?). She’s thought about her own death. What I don’t fully understand is referencing these Hollywood stars that were met with foul play. Is she trying to tell us something deeper, or am I overthinking it? Is this connected with the metaphor for the title track and maybe fears of being forgotten?

The album might feature a lot of the references but the song itself doesn’t? This is clearly about her relationship with fame and the way it’s made her feel like she’s losing herself and death is a metaphor of that maybe. Part of me wonders if she feels that way because of the controversies since NFR? 

The video is so good. What was the last time she served something like this??? :jonny5:

Why did they re upload like three times like can you make up your mind when you upload it :deadbanana:

58 minutes ago, Ayanaa said:

People who want the ''normal'' mv dont get it. This is the normal mv. And its one of her best 

Absolutely.

It's incredibly gorgeous, poetic, vibrant in every shot. This is peak Lana in terms of visuals, concept and everything else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.