• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• truthteller

• BrokenMachine

• vale9001

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The concept is based on  Black Dahlia, a young actress who was brutally murdered. Literally the plot of this video. It’s not “BTS” shots…. It’s the depiction of the life of the actress. She ends up being murdered in the car seen and her body is found in the box. The end is her in heaven at the unveiling of her Hollywood star. 

i couldn’t give two shits what the video is based on, it’s a bad video. what now?

why did they upload the video twice? :rip:

1 minute ago, popmusicisdead said:

why did they upload the video twice? :rip:

One is distributed by VEVO and the other was uploaded manually by her team :rip:

Yep, women with tragic fates

1 hour ago, truthteller said:

instead of making a tiktok-ready sped up mix, she forced jack and jon to work on this 10 minutes extended mix :ahh: 

Jack was not involved in the writing or production of this song, don’t get it twisted 

OT: it was worth the wait and honestly stunning. I get the concept and think it was 99% well executed, and yet I can’t help but feel she ruined what would have been her best mv ever :biblionny: can someone talented pls take the non BTS scenes, as well as the ones from the visualizer, and make an actual video :rip:

also take in mind that in the cover she’s referencing Natalie Wood. 

a golden age hollywood star that was murdered. 

HER MIND.

the concept is pretty cool, honestly think i would have preferred a standard video though...

gorgeous song & one of my faves on DYKTTATUOABCDEFG :clap3:

I watched it all and I was mesmerized the whole time.

Stunning. 

The actual video looks absolutely amazing. I hope we’ll get a cut of that as well.

I don’t understand all of her references to death or tragedy. Especially on an album that reflects on the death of her loved ones. Not trying to criticize her at all, just wondering how they’re connected in context of the album. 

Death is something that fascinates Lana (I think that’s fair to say?). She’s thought about her own death. What I don’t fully understand is referencing these Hollywood stars that were met with foul play. Is she trying to tell us something deeper, or am I overthinking it? Is this connected with the metaphor for the title track and maybe fears of being forgotten?

15 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I don’t understand all of her references to death or tragedy. Especially on an album that reflects on the death of her loved ones. Not trying to criticize her at all, just wondering how they’re connected in context of the album. 

Death is something that fascinates Lana (I think that’s fair to say?). She’s thought about her own death. What I don’t fully understand is referencing these Hollywood stars that were met with foul play. Is she trying to tell us something deeper, or am I overthinking it? Is this connected with the metaphor for the title track and maybe fears of being forgotten?

The whole album is about legacy, and in my opinion this video represents some o the album's themes especially with the "two seconds to cry" lyric being emphasized with the various personas/tragic figures she goes through. The video is deep and the connection to the title track is something i hadn't thought about you're onto something...

3 hours ago, beautiful player said:

What a boring music video.... :zzz:

This is not the masterful statement some of y'all think it is. 

She should've kept the BTS footage out.

This

3 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

her mind amazes me sometimes... 

this. the MV stomped over me. just genius 

It literally just got uploaded for the third time

4 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The concept is based on  Black Dahlia, a young actress who was brutally murdered. Literally the plot of this video. It’s not “BTS” shots…. It’s the depiction of the life of the actress. She ends up being murdered in the car seen and her body is found in the box. The end is her in heaven at the unveiling of her Hollywood star. 

It comes across as behind the scenes footage of Lana filming a MV, not the concept you just described.  No one is going to get the reference immediately and even for those that do (lol), the break from the music to behind the scenes footage is still super jarring in almost every way possible.  I'm just a bit salty over this bc it could have easily been her most streamlined, high production MV for the greater half of the past decade. =/

Oh, well there’s that 

2 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

She has a degree in metaphysics and philosophy, so I'm guessing that's where most of the references to death/life/fame come from

I get the concept and all but the non-BTS scenes are so gorgeous! Hopefully a ‘fan demanded’ version is released 

I appreciate the concept and love the looks she’s serving. I do feel like it actually elevated the song a little for me. Would’ve preferred a standard video, but I also get that the BTS shots were all part of it and without it, there’d essentially be no video 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.