Lana Del Rey f/ Jon Batiste - "Candy Necklace"

kyliefever2002

34 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

cool concept but can someone edit it into an actual music video :coffee2:

Waiting for “Candy Necklace (Fan Demanded Version)” with the actual footage edited like a normal MV.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RideOrDie

• truthteller

• BrokenMachine

• vale9001

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

her mind amazes me sometimes... 

Yeah when I really think about the themes of this video and how they reflect on the lyrics of the song... I see it totally differently now. The mind of a mastermind :WAP:

1 minute ago, Indie said:

Yeah when I really think about the themes of this video and how they reflect on the lyrics of the song... I see it totally differently now. The mind of a mastermind :WAP:

Elaborate please cause I think I didn’t get it tbh

Love the visuals and she looks STUNNING

Can they just give us a normal MV for this?  The behind the scenes montages are annoying while the actual footage looks stunning.  

I really can't force myself to listen to this song. Literally the worst song on the album 

It came out :falcon:, let me watch.

1 minute ago, ontherocks said:

I really can't force myself to listen to this song. Literally the worst song on the album 

instead of making a tiktok-ready sped up mix, she forced jack and jon to work on this 10 minutes extended mix :ahh: 

57 minutes ago, DUA LIPA said:

the visuals are great but who came up with the idea to make the official video a behind the scenes montage as well :bunny:

The credits say she wrote that concept :giraffe:

I didn’t really get if the backstage footage was either typical modern Lana inserting her crew in her art or part of the mv concept. I know she explains it midway but I don’t feel like going back to that minute on listen closely on phone.

I found it interesting, with the Marilyn (?) and Black Daliah references. Felt somewhat like an immersion on her sick obsession of the tragic Hollywood life that now she lives too. Waiting for better analysis tho

22 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:

Elaborate please cause I think I didn’t get it tbh

So, I assumed the song was about a toxic relationship with a man, but the video alludes to her intentions being more about the toxicity of fame. She reflected that in the video by representing a bunch of old Hollywood stereotypes like Marilyn who died by the fame and the Hollywood lifestyle. And I think the reason the video goes to colour at the end  and she starts smiling is because she does things on her own terms now after living that way for years, especially in the Born to Die era which is why there are a couple throwback looks. The lyrics of the song reflect on how she fell for the allure of fame, particularly this verse seems more clear if you consider it being about her relationship with fame:

Sittin' on the sofa, feelin' supеr suicidal
Hate to say the word, but, baby, hand on the Bible, I do
Feel like it's you the one who's bringin' me down
Thought that we were cool and we were kickin' it like Tribe Called Quest
You the best, but, baby, you've been bringin' me down
I can see it now

In reality, the BTS footage is the actual video, and the professional glamour shots are what she is mocking in a sense.

Edited by Indie

I really liked the concept, because who needs another video of her in a mansion flirting with an old man when we already have videos like Blue Jeans or Shades Of Cool of her doing the same? It's better to show what goes behind all of this 'luxury' and 'cool visuals', interpolating Lana as an artist and as a person.

Also I keep thinking about the final scene with the words 'opulence is the end' on my mind. She reached 'opulence' (getting praise, a star in the walk of fame) by 'dying' (with tons of paps dehumanizing her death), just like Marilyn, Whitney, Amy, etc. The Marilyn wig and the Amy-kinda-hairstyle by the end is not a mere coincidence

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I didn’t really get if the backstage footage was either typical modern Lana inserting her crew in her art or part of the mv concept. I know she explains it midway but I don’t feel like going back to that minute on listen closely on phone.

I found it interesting, with the Marilyn (?) and Black Daliah references. Felt somewhat like an immersion on her sick obsession of the tragic Hollywood life that now she lives too. Waiting for better analysis tho

it's part of the mv concept. 

It's there to show all the entertainment world is fake ...at the moment she gets her star it's all just a set like for the music videos and not real life. 

Edited by vale9001

Interesting concept I'll say that, I like when artists do something outside the box

This video is very well made, she always has some kind of vision and I love ha for that. Also, she truly nails all those looks:loki:, one of those wigs gave me BTD era vibes (which I guess was the point). 

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

What a boring music video.... :zzz:

This is not the masterful statement some of y'all think it is. 

She should've kept the BTS footage out.

nah sorry not vibing w it

i get the concept but all of the shots of the camera screens just serve as a reminder that the footage that was non-BTS would’ve been an amazing music video. no need to insert the BTS stuff

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

it's part of the mv concept. 

It's there too show all the entertainment world is fake ...even at the moment she get her star it's all just a set and not real life. 

I know it’s part of the concept, it’s the whole video after all, but my question is rather the purpose of it. I don’t think it’s just to show her people because her family would be present (although they’re credited), so (my personal take) I guess she tries to depict the elaboration of the Hollywood tragedy, just not sure how close to home it is for her because imo most of her glamorous persona still feels fantasy. Very curious at the end when the visuals gain colors. Is it a then/now? Them/me?

20 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

What a boring music video.... :zzz:

This is not the masterful statement some of y'all think it is. 

She should've kept the BTS footage out.

21 minutes ago, May said:

nah sorry not vibing w it

i get the concept but all of the shots of the camera screens just serve as a reminder that the footage that was non-BTS would’ve been an amazing music video. no need to insert the BTS stuff

53 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Can they just give us a normal MV for this?  The behind the scenes montages are annoying while the actual footage looks stunning.  

The concept is based on  Black Dahlia, a young actress who was brutally murdered. Literally the plot of this video. It’s not “BTS” shots…. It’s the depiction of the life of the actress. She ends up being murdered in the car seen and her body is found in the box. The end is her in heaven at the unveiling of her Hollywood star. 

the old btd hair made me feel things :weeps: the video is really cool, i like the style, the blonde wig :flame: but there should've been two videos, a proper clip AND a bts one

now we need visuals for A&W :weeps: 

6 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

The concept is based on  Black Dahlia, a young actress who was brutally murdered. Literally the plot of this video. It’s not “BTS” shots…. It’s the depiction of the life of the actress. She ends up being murdered in the car seen and her body is found in the box. The end is her in heaven at the unveiling of her Hollywood star. 

yeah this, they're not bts and the lana del rey at the end it's an actress not lana del rey 

Edited by vale9001

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.