Anyone here wearing glasses?

Bloodflowers.

glasses for some really enhances them tbh.

I love my frames and feel they really add alot to my look. Rain and cold can really obscure your vision though. I hate walking into a warm building on a cold day and having my glasses immediately fog up

I do, but they’re currently broken as someone slapped them off of my face.

let’s just say the Beyhive weren’t too fond of my critiques at the opening show in Sweden. :dancehall:

Got my first glasses at 25 about 6 months ago. Definitely was a bit weird at first. I only have to wear them when I read but I was surprised that they kinda suit me. There were some comments at work like "wait have you always worn glasses?" but nothing major.

Yep. Been wearing glasses for the past 11 years. I need to get a new set of frames soon actually since my current one is starting to fall apart :redface:

cute men with glasses are my type

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d

On 5/10/2023 at 7:26 AM, Badgalbriel said:

It's the opposite for me. I couldn't handle contacts and I love the way glasses make me even more handsome 

This!

Been using them for 20 years and at this point ofc it's pretty normal to me, but i got used quickly too. If you just need it there's no option really (i didn't like contact lenses when i tried). I also like that it adds something to my basic face.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, cockatoo said:

Got my first glasses at 25 about 6 months ago. Definitely was a bit weird at first. I only have to wear them when I read but I was surprised that they kinda suit me. There were some comments at work like "wait have you always worn glasses?" but nothing major.

I just got my glasses today and I've only been wearing them for few minutes (to take hot pics hihi) and I feel so dizzy now :deadbanana: did you have that problem and will dizziness/headache go away?

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I just got my glasses today and I've only been wearing them for few minutes (to take hot pics hihi) and I feel so dizzy now :deadbanana: did you have that problem and will dizziness/headache go away?

I got headaches yeah. They lasted about 2 weeks I'd say. Completely fine now!

I'd recommend just wearing them for a couple of hours a day at first as you get used to them.

2 hours ago, cockatoo said:

I got headaches yeah. They lasted about 2 weeks I'd say. Completely fine now!

I'd recommend just wearing them for a couple of hours a day at first as you get used to them.

2 weeks???? I- :deadbanana2:

I will put them on every now and then, won't be wearing them all day like I thought I would

Wearing glasses actually puts my look together tbh.

Working in retail I swear they add to my selling power.

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, for reading/driving. I tried to switch to contacts and my eyes got extremely irritated and the eye doc said my eyes "rejected" the contacts :mazen:

• 3 weeks later...

I had to take out a Cash Plan there for my glasses, as my lenses are £270 so I have £220 of it covered plus my £60 voucher for HC2 certificate too.

I do. Wearing glasses has not been a pain for me personally. I like that my eyes have an extra layer of protection from debris. It's fun coordinating frames with different outfits and if you want to be bougie, you can shop for nice frames to make you stand out. I look to Brad Pitt or Jeff Goldblum for eyewear inspiration. I own 2 pairs of Jacques Marie Mage, a Tom Ford pair, a few cheaper ones from EyeBuyDirect that are nice for everyday wear and a a few prescription sunglasses.

Edited by VerdantHue

Yep. I have them for (mild) myopia and astigmatism. When I get a new prescription it can make me slightly dizzy at first. Colours appear brighter and the world looks sharper with them on. I can actually read things in the distance. They're annoying when they fog up or I need to lay down. I've broken a few pairs over the years by sitting on them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.