Are we inflating Ice Spice’s position?

professor2000

@25:50 

I just got off YT Live by Armon Wiggins.  

Where he basically saying Cardi B is distracted + allowing Ice Spice to take her spot potentially.  Thoughts?  :celestial5: 

I HIGHLY disagree.  Tbh it’s a bit insulting to Cardi, saying Ice is going to take her spot.  Based on WHAT exactly? :laugh:

Cardi had a #1 SOLO HIT leading into her come up era, many high profile covers, strong performances, etc.  While Nicki/Cardi are my favs, hell…even I can admit this comparison sounds ridiculous.  

I know Ice Spice has Gen Z in chokehold, but…has she even performed live on TV yet or had a solo Top 10….? :laugh:  

People really be taking features and frontloaded remixes (and Met Gala appearances) seriously these days huh? :coffee2: 

IMO, being an it girl is more than just checking boxes + following a marketing template. 

What y’all think? 

ice spice sounds like she's falling asleep when she's rapping, a fad imo

of course

she dont even got an album coming out 

Cardi B literally likes Ice Spice and there is really no beef with them, so all of this is pointless.

10 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

While Nicki/Cardi are my favs

D, please. You're always coming for her w/ Doja :toofunny2:

As for Ice's overall longevity, a LOT remains to be seen.

Edited by Phantom

3 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

ice spice sounds like she's falling asleep when she's rapping, a fad imo

I think she sounds hella sexy

but she hasn’t really proven herself as a music act yet, Cardi B was pumping out hit after hit

Yes, because she hasn't proved herself at all. Also, Cardi and Ice aren't even in the same age range. :toofunny3:

2 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Yes, because she hasn't proved herself at all. Also, Cardi and Ice aren't even in the same age range. :toofunny3:

What does ice have to prove? She's already the major IT girl and this status will remain :ahh:stop trying to hate on the new girl so bad 

3 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

What does ice have to prove? She's already the major IT girl and this status will remain :ahh:stop trying to hate on the new girl so bad 

Okay, Iggy stan. 

15 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Cardi B literally likes Ice Spice and there is really no beef with them, so all of this is pointless.

D, please. You're always coming for her w/ Doja :toofunny2:

As for Ice's overall longevity, a LOT remains to be seen.

Lmao! My bad, I wrote it fast…I meant to say Nicki/Doja

:ahh:

But on the real, I don’t hate Cardi they way y’all think.  :coffee2:

I just disliked a select few of her fans + how they shitted on Doja pre-PH.  

But now that PH era happened…I’m not even bothered (even if Doja never reaches Cardi status/accolades).  I just didn’t like how ppl underestimated her.  Doja proved herself to be one of the best, so it’s all good.  

And yes, I posted truthful comments (laced with some slick shade :mandown:) in the past.  But I haven’t done that in years now, lol. 

7 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Okay, Iggy stan. 

Thank you for reminding me I stan one of the most talented and beautiful AND successful women in the music industry (especially rap) 

Anyways, ice spice has nothing to prove. She will be here forever. 

Ice Spice isn't going to last. She's not going to take anyone's place. 

24 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

I think she sounds hella sexy

but she hasn’t really proven herself as a music act yet, Cardi B was pumping out hit after hit

I think so too.  

But I also agree that she needs more charisma/energy.  Especially live.  Even in music videos she seems a bit like…a deer in headlights.  But I guess she’ll get more comfortable with time.  

But if we making the comparison to Cardi, she gotta step it wayyy up.  I think this comparison a bit too soon.  

well you were listening to armon wiggins :skull:

She's a droplet rapper who's having a hot peak but I don't think she'll have longevity I fear 

it's really hard to say she's succeeded or not because she's a huge amount of hype backing her. only time will tell properly. I really hope she sticks and keeps releasing bops after bops. more power to female rap.

50 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Thank you for reminding me I stan one of the most talented and beautiful AND successful women in the music industry (especially rap) 

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The way Iggy invented mumble rap :rip: and now this genre of rap is male dominated. Iggyspiration.

but yes, her Splash performance is ICONIC and one of my faves 

Ice can pull a LNX and grow as an act with the right material and aesthetics. She came from the internet and basically indie, so we shouldn’t judge based on that. 

I dont think she’s vying Cardi’s place whatever that means. Same way as Cardi and Doja didn’t replace Nicki. Why are people pretending Cardi is coming from bombs when all of her songs except Hot Ish were major hits and Tomorrow 2 smashed on the streets? Like…

What position? Everyone knows Ice is a meme Rapper. 

Cardi should realize that the GP looooooves mediocre. She has nothing to worry about

Her and Ice can have a mid-off 

both girls can co-exist and progress their careers without having to necessarily overtake one of the other spacer.png

Ice Spice is NOT taking Cardi's seat.

On the other hand...

Saweetie , hmmmm

3 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

well you were listening to armon wiggins :skull:

I have such a love-hate relationship with him, lol.  Some of his opinions be SPOT ON.  But this one had me like…huh? 

Maybe as a Cardi fan he’s hoping it lights a fire under her.  So she releases music. But I don’t think this was a great comparison, nor is she a threat to Cardi.  At least not based on what’s been shown thus far. 

4 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

:skull: girl pleaseeee.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.