Shakira is now the most streamed female artist on YouTube, surprised?

commander

I live in a predominantly black, non-Hispanic Caribbean island when outside of the US. The other day while grocery shopping I heard “Illegal” by Shakira on the radio (out of all Shakira songs 🫠😂). 

You would figure they’d play Beyoncé, RIHANNA, etc…. but no, the most random English Shakira song.

:rip::jonny:

No, her, J.Lo and Madonna are all massive. No one can top them. 

12 hours ago, princedonte said:

No, her, J.Lo and Madonna are all massive. No one can top them. 

Jlo? 
anyways! Not surprised. She is still slaying 

It was a matter of time as she is the biggest and most global female artist from the 90's. :giraffe: 

No all her videos have a couple hundred million views 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, bijonse said:

No all her videos have a couple hundred million views 

she has multiple billion viewed videos so this checks out

She has released three songs in four months. Two of them about a very public divorce, and the other one was released a day ago. I would be very surprised if she wasn't the most streamed female on Youtube today.

Edited by ToMmY

No. She's universally beloved. 

2 hours ago, ToMmY said:

She has released three songs in four months. Two of them about a very public divorce, and the other one was released a day ago. I would be very surprised if she wasn't the most streamed female on Youtube today.

Too bad +95% of her channel views being pre-divorce does not really fit your narrative :cm:

16 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Too bad +95% of her channel views being pre-divorce does not really fit your narrative :cm:

This thread and my response are about the views she received yesterday, stay on topic. :cm:

Total views yesterday: 25,167,245

Acróstico: 13,431,050

TQG: 2,413,760

BZRP: 925,751

Those three songs released in the last 4 months represent 66,83% of those views. Without them she would have: 8,345,633 views which would put her on #81 on that list instead of #5.

And I'm not discrediting, I'm just saying nobody should be "surprised" that she's the most watched female artist on Youtube one day after she released a new music video.:gaygacat1: Now Taylor stepping on her toes with less than 50k views of difference is actually kind of surprising, especially considering Anti-Hero only had 243k views.

Edited by ToMmY

1 hour ago, ToMmY said:

This thread and my response are about the views she received yesterday, stay on topic.

No its not :skull:

Read again 

4 hours ago, ToMmY said:

This thread and my response are about the views she received yesterday, stay on topic. :cm:

Total views yesterday: 25,167,245

Acróstico: 13,431,050

TQG: 2,413,760

BZRP: 925,751

Those three songs released in the last 4 months represent 66,83% of those views. Without them she would have: 8,345,633 views which would put her on #81 on that list instead of #5.

And I'm not discrediting, I'm just saying nobody should be "surprised" that she's the most watched female artist on Youtube one day after she released a new music video.:gaygacat1: Now Taylor stepping on her toes with less than 50k views of difference is actually kind of surprising, especially considering Anti-Hero only had 243k views.

So much typing and mental gymnastics and yet so wrong. :bibliahh:

Shakira’s total YouTube views:    25,188,270,355

That’s 25 BILLION. It’s including all of her music videos and this thread is not about 1 day stats. 

https://kworb.net/youtube/artist/shakira.html

Shakira’s “Waka Waka”, which was released in 2010, had 818,284 views yesterday, which is “actually kind of surprising” since she hasn’t performed that song in many years, and she definitely isn’t performing that song multiple times every week, unlike “Anti-Hero”. 

Shakira’s “Ciega Sordomuda”, which was released in 1998 (25 years ago), had 225,047 views yesterday, and she hasn’t performed this song in years or even mentioned it. 

Of the 3 songs Shakira has released in the last few months, she has only performed 1 song and only 1 time, “which is actually kind of surprising”. 

Edited by vuelve88

4 hours ago, HeWolf said:

No its not :skull:

Read again 

1 hour ago, vuelve88 said:

So much typing and mental gymnastics and yet so wrong. :bibliahh:

Shakira’s total YouTube views:    25,188,270,355

I got confused because her daily streams were coincidentally 25 million the first time I saw it. :toofunny3:

I'm gonna take my red-alphabet-letter-dancing-letter-l.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.