Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You (ft. Queen Charlotte's Global Orchestra)

reymiu

https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/music/news/alicia-keys-on-revamping-if-i-aint-got-you-for-queen-charlotte-soundtrack-28971/

Spoiler

The New York music icon has given the 2003 hit a classical revamp, backed by a 70 piece orchestra comprised solely of women of colour, for the Bridgerton spin-off

Spoiler

“I spoke to India [Amarteifio, who plays young Charlotte] and she was telling me how they’d filmed the King’s ball in one particular episode and they had done 30 takes with a very traditional classic song being played,” Keys recalled.

“The director announced he wanted to change it up with a modern song and he played ‘If I Ain’t Got You’. India said that the song touched her in such a deep way as it reflected what was happening in the story. It meant that the director just ended up using that take, even though they did 30 others, and I think that was the beginning of the seed that got planted.”

There is going to be a visual for the song!

Spoiler

That idea also extends into an ambitious visual for the song, which sees Keys reunite with Diane Martel – who directed the song’s original video.

“It felt right since she did the original and then for us to reunite in this new way. I just thought ‘man, this is synergy. Let’s just go for it and let’s bring the original team back together'”.

18 hours ago, Hector said:

Alicia still looks so good !

My fav song of all time :jonny: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.