Is it a good idea to have an LGBT country?

BrentB

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrentB

• Bussea

• Riverbank

• JohnWayneHolland

No.  The idea for this (or smaller scale, lgbt schools or workplaces) would just cause more division, segregation isnt the answer 

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

the birthrate would be literally zero :jonnycat:

The bisexuals would sort that out. Especially since they make the majority of the community. Also, there are other ways people reproduce these days although it would technically be more difficult and expensive than the good old fashioned way. Also straight people make queers all the time which leads me to a later question in my post.

OT: No, simply because that increases the chance of being  targeted by bigots. Like a whole country full of queers would still be targeted. And I also don't know how other queers would get into the country if they're born to straight people in other countries? Would they ship them?

I love my straight friends. It's me and my boyfriend and the rest of our friend group is straight couples/singles. So I couldnt

I could think of a handful of other issues with this.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Yea let's all migrate there and be gay together :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

No, simply because that increases the chance of being  targeted by bigots. Like a whole country full of queers would still be targeted. A

LGBT people are getting targeted either way and that's not gonna change :michael: That's the issue for minorities. We'll always remain outliers to heteronormative ideals. And homosexuality is still persecuted and penalized in a lot of countries. Such a country would at least offer them the fundamental rights and legal protections that are denied to them in many parts of the world.

Just now, Riverbank said:

LGBT people are getting targeted either way and that's not gonna change :michael: That's the issue for minorities. We'll always remain outliers to heteronormative ideals. And homosexuality is still persecuted and penalized in a lot of countries. Such a country would at least offer them the fundamental rights and legal protections that are denied to them in many parts of the world.

The reason why targeted groups of people were able to survive throughout history is because they were spread out and not focused in one area. Gathering queers in one place could be disastrous should a determined hateful person/group of people/country decide to enact violence as we've seen with the way people target where queer people meet and gather. On paper it does sound good and ideally a country of queer people sounds like heaven, but realistically it would just lay people open to a genocide. Especially if it happens that the country has something that others would want to acquire.

5 minutes ago, lonnie said:

The reason why targeted groups of people were able to survive throughout history is because they were spread out and not focused in one area. Gathering queers in one place could be disastrous should a determined hateful person/group of people/country decide to enact violence as we've seen with the way people target where queer people meet and gather. On paper it does sound good and ideally a country of queer people sounds like heaven, but realistically it would just lay people open to a genocide. Especially if it happens that the country has something that others would want to acquire.

You could argue that targeted people being dispersed around the world only further highlights their vulnerability, and ultimately caused their downfall, as evidenced by the multiple ethnic cleansings and genocides that happened throughout history (such as the Holocaust). Sure, gathering the queers in one place might not actually be as simple as it seems on paper, but it could provide a safer alternative for many marginalized queer people around the world who are constantly living under fear and threats of violence and persecution. It can also help them create a sense of community and preserve their identities which a lot of governments have spent a lot of effort suppressing.

the amount of nukes certain homophobic countries will point to it :redface:

It will collapse very quickly. Reproduction is the very foundation of society and the reproduction rate of a LGBT country will be like zero.

4 hours ago, lonnie said:

You can’t just bomb certain countries nowadays. There are now international treaties or conventions that protect their rights to exist. A LGBT country cannot form in the first place without such treaties set in place.

No, a lot of times homogenized societies have a tendency to go...fascist.

The lgbtq community has too many issues to function all alone anyway.

MadonnasBoyfriend
On 5/1/2023 at 4:46 PM, Samsara said:

It will collapse very quickly. Reproduction is the very foundation of society and the reproduction rate of a LGBT country will be like zero.

I'm sure the country will have turkey basters in this imaginary country. The problem is the kids would have to be exiled if they are cis & straight :priceless:

zionism comment aside, y’all would elect someone that’s a bigot who just happens to be gay :deadbanana:

It would not be a good idea, but it would really be no different in operation as for any other country prior to the giving of gay rights.

You'd simply have to have certain laws that benefit queer people, and others that disadvantage straight people, and then essentially you'd have an LGBT country, one that promotes those ideals ahead of any others, and which may unjustly favour and allow queer people to thrive over straight people.

Obviously this is not a good idea nor what queer people want, but I think it's short-sighted to act like we would have no clue how this works when for hundreds and thousands of years most nations have operated as basically heterosexual nations.

On the topic of reproduction, bi-people are part of the LGBTQ+ community and there are many children born from gay and/or lesbian parents.

As it stands, straight nations have ways of controlling and/or promoting reproduction. If this were really an issue, it stands to reason that with just a bit of governance, an LGBTQ+ country could get reproduction rates up to where they want by either giving free access to surrogacy, sperm or egg donors, great tax-breaks, or other incentives.

Edited by swissman

HELL no. Couldn’t even stand Fire Island and you think I’d enjoy an entire country of just homos :deadbanana2:

No. We would get invaded and eradicated instantly. At least now in many countries homophobes still show some bare minimum humanity towards LGBT+ ppl because they are their co-citizens but if that changed...Governments have wiped out entire nations for just being a different religion/race imagine what would happen to us

No thanks. I dont want to live in a country full of Frankie Grandes :deadbanana4:

A small city-state (Like Monaco or Macau) that is favourable and has specific laws that cater to the LGBT community is more realistic. 

On 5/7/2023 at 11:21 PM, GGD said:

A small city-state (Like Monaco or Macau) that is favourable and has specific laws that cater to the LGBT community is more realistic. 

Palm Springs?

I'm gay, and while the question didn't ask this, I wouldn't want to live in a country exclusive to LGBT people. Some of my best friends are straight. We should have a more LGBT-friendly world-- I agree-- however, the beauty of this world is being friends to people that might be different than us (in whatever capacity that might be). 

Yes with the following laws

National Public Holidays for Britney, Beyonce, Cher, Madonna, Legend Kylie, and more with government funded festivals

Legalise poppers and set up a high quality manufacturing hub to export them to the world. 

Legend Kylie’s name is trademarked and her name cannot be used in vain or for any other purpose.

Britney will be paid to relocate there and her dancing videos will be broadcast to all citizens every day at midday. 

The following people cannot enter the country and if they do they will be charged with homophobia (life sentence in gay jail): Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles (more to be added as part of a national inquiry)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.