Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

Lols. Obviously taylor. At least she's not all smokes and mirrors.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

9 minutes ago, byzantium said:

She already is more influential though.  

Keep dreaming babe.

Beyoncé has inspired my fav (Lady Gaga), Adele, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, etc.. All these figures are MAJOR artists, that's much more impressive than influencing a bunch of newbies as Olivia Rodrigo.

Beyoncé is seen in the industry as THE blueprint for PERFORMERS and VOCALISTS.

Taylor Swift is the definition of white mediocrity. Yikes, imagine stanning that mediocre singer and comparing her to Beyoncé. :deadbanana4:

Edited by R. Ramirez

2 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Does Ed Sheeran influence any new generation artist like Olivia? :rip:

now u know damn well the GP LOVES Ed over Olivia 

the mess continues :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

Umm….yeah? Part of the reason people like Freddie Mercury, Prince, Michael Jackson etc are so revered is because of their insane live performances :rip: Michael Jackson literally exploded into the biggest star in the world because of a single live tv performance :rip: it’s something they can see with their own eyes. 99% of people don’t care who wrote what song , or even bother to find out 

I hate to tell you this but most people don't experience music that way.   You said yourself, the vast majority of people just listen to it on the radio or their phones.  They may not care about the exact songwriter but they DO care about the ultimate quality of the material they listen to.  And its a bit reductive of you to imply there is only one way a person can become a legend.   I guess Max Martin or Bob Dylan are not legends either by your definition.

21 minutes ago, Helios said:

No because nobody cares about online polls? :ace: Its serving ATRL saying twitter polls will determine the 2024 election.:redface:

Huh? It's not an online poll comparable to Twitter polls. You just sound ignorant by saying that :deadbanana2:. It's literally a yearly study done by one of the biggest and most reputable data analytics firm in the world. The study is conducted to accurately represent the demographics of the world in terms of gender, sex, race, wealth and location. It has representative samples. Trying to discredit it as if it's just a random stan posting a poll on twitter.com because it doesn't fit what you wish was the truth is funny. 

Edited by The Music Industry

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

I hate to tell you this but most people don't experience music that way.   You said yourself, the vast majority of people just listen to it on the radio or their phones.  They may not care about the exact songwriter but they DO care about the ultimate quality of the material they listen to.  And its a bit reductive of you to imply there is only one way a person can become a legend.   I guess Max Martin or Bob Dylan are not legends either by your definition.

Most people don’t know who the **** Max Martin is :rip: and Bob Dylan produced some of the most acclaimed music ever :rip: you couldn’t pick two worse examples :rip: the Olympic level mental gymnastics 

Let’s try this again: Beyonce is the bigger legend because she is one of the best singers and live performers in music history, on top of being incredibly successful and relevant for a long time. Not because of how many more streams on Spotify Midnight has or her discography :cm:

2 minutes ago, R. Ramirez said:

Beyoncé has inspired my fav (Lady Gaga), Adele, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, etc.. All these figures are MAJOR artists, that's much more impressive than influencing a bunch of newbies as Olivia Rodrigo.

Taylor Swift is the reason why Olivia Rodrigo is happening, and even Olivia herself admitted, this is completely different from something like "OMG I love Beyonce".

If you really want to be this delusional I can also say that Taylor inspired Kacey Musgraves, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Halsey and SZA. :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, R. Ramirez said:

Pictures speak louder than words:

fifi.jpg

eyav.jpg

Well I would like to receive 3xAOTY rather than 20x Best RNB/dance performance :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Helios said:

Taylor fans predictably using sales as the metric for someone being a legend. :ahh: 

They really have nothing other than numbers :rip:

1 minute ago, Monster Queen said:

Well I would like to receive 3xAOTY rather than 20x Best RNB/dance performance :bibliahh:

Not you still pushing this “wELL TaYLoR sTiLL hAs ThReEeE aOtY” argument :dies:

yeah lets LOOK at the frequency of her white ass winning vs the frequency of BLACK artists ever achieving AOTY :clownny: 

3 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Hm that’s pretty problematic. You should reconsider your stance on this, it comes across as a bit racist.

Just now, Sazare said:

They really have nothing other than numbers :rip:

Wow, you're here again, do you really want to me list Taylor's achievements and influence aside from her number again? Since you kinda embarrassed yourself yesterday and left the conversation immediately :bibliahh:

Taylor and it's not even close.

BadLightDobermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

Just now, Monster Queen said:

Wow, you're here again, do you really want to me list Taylor's achievements and influence aside from her number again? Since you kinda embarrassed yourself yesterday and left the conversation immediately :bibliahh:

I left the conversation because I had said all that needed to be said, and people were replying to me with irrelevant retorts and personal attacks (like this one). I see no need to continue replying to people who have no interest in having an earnest conversation, which includes the likes of you.

With that said, I’ll be leaving this thread now, much like I did yesterday, because it’s clear you’ve not changed since then.

2 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Hm that’s pretty problematic. You should reconsider your stance on this, it comes across as a bit racist.

6 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Well I would like to receive 3xAOTY rather than 20x Best RNB/dance/Pop/counrty/... performance :bibliahh:

Fixed. :cm:Now You should reconsider your situation cause your obsession with Taylor is giving mental-illness :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Sazare said:

I left the conversation because I had said all that needed to be said, and people were replying to me with irrelevant retorts and personal attacks (like this one). I see no need to continue replying to people who have no interest in having an earnest conversation, which includes the likes of you.

With that said, I’ll be leaving this thread now, much like I did yesterday, because it’s clear you’ve not changed since then.

Ofc you have nothing left to say, cause you said Taylor only has the number, and I prove to you what else Taylor has aside from the number and you immediately left the conversation like a loser. And here you come with the same statement and avoid my question again, seems like you’ve not changed either!:cm: 

Edited by Monster Queen

Just now, R. Ramirez said:

The difference between Beyoncé and Taylor Swift is that the latter is inspired by the artists of the new generation while the former INSPIRES the others.

Taylor Swift is the one inspired by artists as Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga. :deadbanana4:

Taylor Swift names the singer she wants to model her career after - Good Morning America

So Beyonce was never inspired by any other artists? Wow :bibliahh: If you saying this to Bey I'm pretty sure she will slap you

16 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Taylor Swift is the reason why Olivia Rodrigo is happening, and even Olivia herself admitted, this is completely different from something like "OMG I love Beyonce".

If you really want to be this delusional I can also say that Taylor inspired Kacey Musgraves, Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, Halsey and SZA. :bibliahh:

Doesn't change anything about the fact that Beyoncé has inspired MORE and BIGGER artists than Taylor Swift has.

Beyoncé's name is infinitely more recognized than Taylor Swift's across the world.

15 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Keep crying babe, ANY artist would rather prefer to be introduced as a 33 time Grammy Award winner rather than a 12 time Grammy Award winner, even if this includes AOTYS.

Also Beyoncé's catalogue holds more awards OVERALL.

Edited by R. Ramirez

Beyoncé has more impact than the Shake It Off singer. She is also recognized by people who don't listen to pop.

Taylor is more like a big fan base. Very popular with nerdy and cheesy people. 

4 minutes ago, R. Ramirez said:

Doesn't change anything about the fact that Beyoncé has inspired MORE and BIGGER artists than Taylor Swift has.

Beyoncé's name is infinitely more recognized than Beyoncé across the world.

Keep crying babe, ANY artist would rather prefer to be introduced as a 33 time Grammy Award winner rather than a 12 time Grammy Award winner, even if this includes AOTYS.

Also Beyoncé's catalogue holds more awards OVERALL.

INSPIRED, but never CREATED

Taylor is 10x times more famous than her in Asia, and I need you to check out how many people living in Asia :bibliahh:

(Edit: I will give you the number directly since you don't know how to search, it's 4.561 billion while the world only has 8 billion)

Taylor is the artist with the most awards OVERALL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Beyoncé 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Taylor_Swift

Lies after lies after lies :bibliahh:

Edited by Monster Queen

It’s insane in here how much energy y’all invest, on both ends, arguing against an artist you don’t care for. All of you need to touch grass 

There’s no measurable metric that doesn’t have Taylor at the top, sorry. I feel like a forum consisting of ATRLs demographic confuse wanting to cosplay as Beyoncé as something more than it is

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.