Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Oh my god.

Robots and data processors have really taken over ATRL. Gone are the days of good kii posts like the Camila leaves 5H and Shakira to be killed in Saudi Arabia.

This is so sad. Pop culture is really dying… ur gonna pay for this @Taylor Swift 

You claim "the world stopped" but then get mad and call people robots and data processors when we factually point out that the world indeed did not stop. At this point you have to be trolling because you lack any solid arguments to defend anything you say. It's all illogical and easily disproven :deadbanana2:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

Just now, Axelios said:

Fraudulent according to you? Even in terms of streaming Taylor is much bigger than Beyonce (and any other artist overall right now) in Asia.

Midnights has the largest Spotify debut for a western artist in almost all Asian countries (and most countries around the world).

This thread is not about Spotify streams. Beyonce will go down as one of the most decorated singers in history Beyonce will go down in history as one of the most decorated performers ever

ATRL challenge: go a single thread without talking about Spotify streams and sales

Just now, The Music Industry said:

You claim "the world stopped" but then get mad and call people robots and data processors when we factually point out that the world indeed did not stop. At this point you have to be trolling because you lack any solid arguments to defend anything you say. It's all illogical and easily disproven :deadbanana2:

You have really advanced vocabulary for an AI. Taylor really must have invested a lot of money into this…

Just now, byzantium said:

They both released albums last year and only one had an album with enough people caring about it to literally shut down Spotify.    

This thread and “album sales” have nothing to do with each other :rip: if ATRL could possibly go a single thread without talking about spotify streams, it’d be amazing 

Beyonce will go down as one of the best live performer and singers: ever 

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

But Dua’s songs are good and better than any Taylor album and you will deal! :gayalipacat3:

When Taylor creates a pop song as good as Levitating, let me know!

Wow, you really try to make some good effort here to transfer the direction of the debate from "Taylor VS Beyonce" to “Taylor VS Dua” :rip:

Nice try ATRL user Love Again! But I won't follow you to give Dua any type of attention:cm:

Just now, Monster Queen said:

As well as Taylor :rip::rip:

She’s topped the list of highest paid entertainer. Haven’t seen the list where Taylor topped “most powerful” though. 

Wow, you really try to make some good effort here to transfer the direction of the debate from "Taylor VS Beyonce" to “Taylor VS Dua” :rip:

Nice try ATRL user Love Again! But I won't follow you to give Dua any type of attention:cm:

AHHH ANOTHER AI!!! NURSE

1 minute ago, Bears01 said:

This thread and “album sales” have nothing to do with each other :rip: if ATRL could possibly go a single thread without talking about spotify streams, it’d be amazing 

The moment we use something else to prove the right answer is Taylor (i.e. global admiration according to yearly studies), y'all say "nobody cares!!!!" so :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

This thread is not about Spotify streams. Beyonce will go down as one of the most decorated singers in history Beyonce will go down in history as one of the most decorated performers ever

ATRL challenge: go a single thread without talking about Spotify streams and sales

By that logic this thread is also not about awards either.  And it would be silly to pretend that either of these artists has not won an incredible amount of awards.  

7 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Yes but Taylor Swift is actually the combination of Meryl Streep and Scarlett Johansson, who has both awards/acclaim/influence on the industry and the next generation's artist, and as well as the success, why can't people like you in here see that? :sistrens: 

:rip: She would have to be a good singer and performer to be considered that.

She has tried acting and is not getting anywhere there either. Not knocking Taylor, but saying success = legend is just false. There is so many legends that don't have the success of artists today. 

18 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Sales do matter.  But you seem to be misinterpreting things to think only sales matter.  Also, Not sure if you know this, but Taylor and Beyonce's careers were largely in the same time period so the force of your analogy falls apart, but nice try.

Also not you pretending like Aretha wasn't successful in her time.  

So answer the question. Does Miss Perry seem like a bigger legend than Aretha. :gaycat6: This can be solved very easily if you do. 

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

The moment we use something else to prove the right answer is Taylor (i.e. global admiration according to yearly studies), y'all say "nobody cares!!!!" so :bibliahh:

I’m curious, do you like Beyoncé’s music?

Just now, BGKC said:

She’s topped the list of highest paid entertainer. Haven’t seen the list where Taylor topped “most powerful” though. 

And Beyonce neither? The most powerful woman list is always topped by female entrepreneurs and politicians :bibliahh::rip: And the most ironic things is, in the last year list they put Taylor at #79 and Bey at #80 :bibliahh::rip:  I can't

https://www.forbes.com/lists/power-women/?sh=3490dfa65a95

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I never mentioned albums sales if you took the time to read my comment.  You seem very sensitive to people bringing up objective facts though probably because you know its a losing argument for you. 

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

By that logic this thread is also not about awards either.  And it would be silly to pretend that either of these artists has not won an incredible amount of awards.  

I never discussed who’s won more awards :rip: I discussed who’s viewed as a talent and what their talents have brought to the music industry, I said nothing about awards or sales :rip:

Just now, Bears01 said:

I never discussed who’s won more awards :rip: I discussed who’s viewed as a talent and what their talents have brought to the music industry, I said nothing about awards or sales :rip:

You used the word "decorated" go ahead and define that if you don't want to use the common definition of that word.  

1 minute ago, Monster Queen said:

And Beyonce neither? The most powerful woman list is always topped by female entrepreneurs and politicians :bibliahh::rip: And the most ironic things is, in the last year list they put Taylor at #79 and Bey at #80 :bibliahh::rip:  I can't

So in no metrics is Bey higher but apparently she is legend

Just now, Love Again said:

I’m curious, do you like Beyoncé’s music?

While I think all in all she is overrated due to made-up hype and media play, yes, I enjoy a decent portion of her music. I don't see what this has to do with the thread tho :redface:

Just now, FolkLover1989 said:

So in no metrics is Bey higher but apparently she is legend

Beyoncé is higher in the ATRL personal feelings department! :redface:

4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

:rip: She would have to be a good singer and performer to be considered that.

She has tried acting and is not getting anywhere there either. Not knocking Taylor, but saying success = legend is just false. There is so many legends that don't have the success of artists today. 

No one says success is the only factor to become a legend here? And why did you mention the acting? Is the acting making Madonna, MJ and Mariah a legend? 

This is stupid cause I literally list Taylor's achievement is far more than success on the chart but you are still only talking about the success. :rip:

So the legend only depends on becoming "good singer and performer", not good songwriter, and not even success? According to who?

Edited by Monster Queen

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

While I think all in all she is overrated due to made-up hype and media play, yes, I enjoy a decent portion of her music. I don't see what this has to do with the thread tho :redface:

What makes you think her hype is made up and media play?

Is it really even that funny or is it mental illness? Rihanna out did both according to last years list so I guess they both lost. The point was Bey has topped the list in the past. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/30/beyonce-knowles-oprah-forbes-most-powerful

I was just referring to that comment that chose “admired” as metric and suggesting that Bey has topped list as most powerful and influential, as in who cares.

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

You used the word "decorated" go ahead and define that if you don't want to use the common definition of that word.  

I said “decorated” as in viewed higher :rip: there’s not many people alive who would say Taylor Swift is a better singer and performer than Beyonce Knowles. 

Go ahead and deflect back to spotify streams, that’s genuinely about where ATRL is at now when it comes to discussing anything 

Just now, Love Again said:

What makes you think her hype is made up and media play?

She definitely has a strong fanbase and some GP support, but people just don't use her music as much as it is made out to be. It's that simple, really. The way the media prop her music up and talk about her, you'd think she destroys the competition, which is just not the case when you objectively look at how much her music is consumed :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.