Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

Success doesn't make you a legend, why can't those (Swifties) in here see that? 

Scarlett Johansson is the highest grossing actress, is she a bigger legend than Meryl Streep? :sistrens: 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

1 minute ago, 45seconds said:

So Katy Perry is more of a legend than Aretha Franklin? :gaycat6: Help me understand your logic bonicap 

Why are you bringing up two artists not discussed in this thread whose careers occurred decades apart?  The mental  gymnastics some of you do is shocking

Beyonce. You can talk about sales until you're blue in the face but Beyonce has an it factor that Taylor does not possess.

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Why are you bringing up two artists not discussed in this thread whose careers occurred decades apart?  The mental  gymnastics some of you do is shocking

The user said sales matter determine who is the bigger legend.

So I asked does Katy Perry

, who has sold more than Aretha Franklin, feel like a bigger legendary act to point out the ludicrousness of it.  

It’s called a comparison. A simple English language concept that most of us learn in middle school. 

If you can’t GRASP the concept behind the question, that is your problem. :gaycat6:

Edited by 45seconds

7 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Beyoncé was the lead singer of one of the best selling girl groups of all time on top of her incredible solo career as the biggest black touring act of all

time. There’s facts and numbers as well as what one does for the culture, which is where Beyoncé excels. 

That's why she is clearly a legend of the music industry. Just some other artists happen to have even greater numbers.

Beyoncé is 25 years into her career having one of her biggest hits to date. Her creative output also far outmatches Taylor who has largely relied on the same synth-pop sound since 1989

Just now, Love Again said:

Her creative output also far outmatches Taylor who has largely relied on the same synth-pop sound since 1989

:bibliahh:

40 minutes ago, Helios said:

Taylor fans predictably using sales as the metric for someone being a legend. :ahh: 

I guess you're right, being a legend isn't just about sales, streams, airplay, social media followings and touring stats (metrics where Taylor is way ahead). Being a legend is also about admiration. So let's factually look at who's more admired on a global scale according to actual global studies! :heart:

World's%20Most%20Admired%202021.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202020-01.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202019%20v2-01.png

World's%20Most%20Admired%202018-01.png

MWArank1.jpg

Most%20Admired%202015-01.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there's not a single year since they started tracking where Beyoncé was ahead of Taylor! :redface:

Edited by The Music Industry

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I mean that is a valid question. 

If Taylor is clearly the bigger artist/legend and the go-to factor is stats based. That would make every artist with great stats a bigger legend than ones whom the GP are proclaiming – following that user’s logic. 

2 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I guess you're right, being a legend isn't just about sales, streams, airplay, social media followings and touring stats (metrics where Taylor is way ahead). Being a legend is also about admiration. So let's factually look at who's more admired on a global scale according to actual global studies! :heart:

World's%20Most%20Admired%202021.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202020-01.jpg

World's%20Most%20Admired%202019%20v2-01.png

World's%20Most%20Admired%202018-01.png

MWArank1.jpg

Most%20Admired%202015-01.png

Unfortunately, it looks like there's not a single year since they started tracking where Beyoncé was ahead of Taylor! :redface:

That list dont mean ****. Beyoncé’s celebrity status is far greater than Taylor’s will ever be.

Stop tryna argue with numbers only, I challenge you. You are incapable of doing that. Y’all data analysists getting on my nerves :priceless:

11 minutes ago, Devin said:

Not #that Swiftie in here acting up again.

Mind u when Taylor reach Bey’s age them streams and sales are gonna wrinkle and dry up like her skin. And the NEXT sad white girl will blossom. :toofunny3:

Source: your wildest dreams

Taylor has eaten up Beyonce streams & sales wise year after year (age compared) and as she gets older the gap with Beyonce gets bigger

22 Years
Dangerously In Love - 18M
Red - 20M

25 Years
B'Day - 14M
1989 - 25M

29 Years
I Am Sasha Fierce - 20M 
reputation - 12M

30 Years
Four - 9.6M
Lover - 11M

32 Years
Beyonce - 9.5M
Midnights - 8M+

Sans reputation she is clearly clearling, and let alone the fact that Taylor debuted younger and that Taylor's album keep selling (same can't be said about Beyonce's catalog) so the gap will keep getting bigger and bigger, why would the trend suddenly shrink? Also if the competition is RENAISSANCE or Lemonade numbers Taylor is more than fine :rip:

That list dont mean ****. Beyoncé’s celebrity status is far greater than Taylor’s will ever be.

Based on?

12 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

So Katy Perry is more of a legend than Aretha Franklin? :gaycat6: Help me understand your logic bonicap 

Comparing an artist who debuted in the 1960s to one from who is currently active makes no sense

7 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

The logic is pretty easy to understand. You make a list of measurable items (sales, touring... any other thing that comes to your mind) and then you compare all the artists you want and see who does better than who. That is how it's done in every serious discipline. You can save the narrative about "impact", "it factor", "cultural whatever" and all those undefined terms for your personal opinions.

And by comparing Aretha Franklin with Katy Perry you know pretty well that you are playing with the recency bias, while Taylor and Beyoncé are less than 10 years apart. 

5 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

The user said sales matter determine who is the bigger legend.

So I asked does Katy Perry

, who has sold more than Aretha Franklin, feel like a bigger legendary act to point out the ludicrousness of it.  

It’s called a comparison. A simple English language concept that most of us learn in middle school. 

If you can’t GRASP the concept behind the question, that is your problem. :gaycat6:

Sales do matter.  But you seem to be misinterpreting things to think only sales matter.  Also, Not sure if you know this, but Taylor and Beyonce's careers were largely in the same time period so the force of your analogy falls apart, but nice try.

Also not you pretending like Aretha wasn't successful in her time.  

Stop tryna argue with numbers only, I challenge you. You are incapable of doing that. Y’all data analysists getting on my nerves :priceless:

How come "that list don't mean ****", exactly? The entire point of that study is to measure admiration of public figures on a global scale, and every year so far Taylor has been infront of Beyoncé. So again, why does it "not mean ****"? Because the actual facts collected don't back up what you wish was the truth...? :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

Based on?

Based on my opinions and observations which are more accurate than most opinions in this thread :michael: I just know my pop culture better

Just now, prézli said:

Beyoncé because she's known in Europe.

Taylor because she's known in Asia. A continent 8 times bigger than Europe. 

But I’m not surprised an user like @Axelios doesnt know Beyoncé is a bigger celebrity than Taylor considering they still think Dua is a nobody just because she has… hits :bibliahh:

Based on my opinions and observations which are more accurate than most opinions in this thread :michael: I just know my pop culture better

Did you observe every country in the world and conduct surveys to reach these conclusions or it just how you "feel"?

Beyonce is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. Taylor has actual talent and the stats to back it up.

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Taylor because she's known in Asia. A continent 8 times bigger than Europe. 

So Malaysia and Phillippines are the whole of Asia now?

China’s sales do not count as they are fradulent and inaccurate, sadly!

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

But I’m not surprised an user like @Axelios doesnt know Beyoncé is a bigger celebrity than Taylor considering they still think Dua is a nobody just because she has… hits :bibliahh:

Dua IS a nobody in most of the world particularly in the US. She is not a nobody because of her hits but in spite of them.

Edited by Axelios

44 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Was Bey at Age 33 getting 1m+ debuts and 700m gross tour just in US?

I didn’t say anything about Taylor. I’m responding to the comment that she couldn’t even keep up with other women in her prime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.