Who's more of a legend: Taylor Swift or Beyoncé?

GardenPanty

Legend status  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider more of a legend

• Taylor Swift
    • Beyoncé

12 hours ago, Feanor said:

Taylor Swift, going by every objective metric. Especially globally.

When Beyoncé was Taylor's age, she couldn't even keep up with other female artists of her time, let alone the male artists. Taylor meanwhile is running the whole game, among all men/women/groups etc. :clap3:

when Beyonce was Taylor's age, which was 7-8 years ago she was in... *checks notes* Lemonade era, in which she 

1. sold 653k copies first week with only 4 days tracking week and NO PHYSICALS OR SPOTIFY

2. first female artist to chart EVERY songs of her album on Billboard Hot 100

3. sold out stadiums all over north america and europe, including 75k attendance of Stade de France, which is hard to get not everybody has that to their credit

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• The Music Industry

• Axelios

• Solaria

Bey is still hugely culturally relevant after being 25 years in the game, she obviously takes it

11 hours ago, BGKC said:

Beyoncé was the lead singer of one of the best selling girl groups of all time on top of her incredible solo career as the biggest black touring act of all

time. There’s facts and numbers as well as what one does for the culture, which is where Beyoncé excels. 

No Jay Z wife isn't the biggest black touring act of all times. Miss Tina Turner is. Get your facts straight.

OT: In 2013 maybe would have said Beyoncé but Taylor's 2020-present success and impact demolishes anything miss Knowles achieved in her career.

So when Beyoncé is being compared to other artists it's all about "touring! first week sales!" but when it comes to Taylor it's about "impact!"? :bibliahh:

20 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

when Beyonce was Taylor's age, which was 7-8 years ago she was in... *checks notes* Lemonade era, in which she 

1. sold 653k copies first week with only 4 days tracking week and NO PHYSICALS OR SPOTIFY

2. first female artist to chart EVERY songs of her album on Billboard Hot 100

Wasn't it thanks to Tidal fraudulent streams? 

Anyway, noone is saying Bey wasn't big at 33, she just wasn't the biggest artist around (Adele, Drake and Taylor for example were bigger).

even tho i don't consider either a legend because they're still alive and their musical career are still growing, and are successful and relevant, there's a certain mysticism to both of them but more so with beyoncé. 

Taylor is not a legend so Beyoncé 

Glad the poll results are correct for once :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

Beyoncé is the more legendary performer (and among the most legendary of all time)

Taylor is the more legendary songwriter (and among the most legendary of all time)

See how that works?

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Taylor is not a legend so Beyoncé 

Glad the poll results are correct for once :clap3: 

Imagine debut 9 years earlier than another artist and only can pull a 60/40 in this type of pull, this already said a lot I guess :clap3: 

Just now, Monster Queen said:

Imagine debut 9 years earlier than another artist and only can pull a 60/40 in this type of pull, this already said a lot I guess :clap3: 

60/40 is a big gap considering how many ATRLers hate Beyoncé and how many delusional Swifties there are :rip: 

The gap would be a lot bigger on other non-biased forums, Taylor is nowhere near the legend Beyoncé is sorry. :clap3: 

6 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Bey was huge here for a while, until she went full r&b. 
Taylor sold 3.7 million while Bey sold 3.1 million albums. The difference isn’t that big considering Taylor is mostly pop while bey was doing r&b genre which isn’t that global 

So you consider Bey was doing the r&b genre and completely ignore 5/12 of Taylor's albums are country albums? :clap3:Smart I guess

Not to mention Taylor demolish Bey in the streaming era while most time of Bey's career was in the physical era, but again, the album sales are not the only thing Taylor is bigger than Bey, especially in Asia, so I wouldn't emphasize this

6 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

Bey was huge here for a while, until she went full r&b. 
Taylor sold 3.7 million while Bey sold 3.1 million albums. The difference isn’t that big considering Taylor is mostly pop while bey was doing r&b genre which isn’t that global 

Taylor was a country artist when album sales were higher. She became bigger later when transitioning to pop but that was at the start of the streaming era.

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

60/40 is a big gap considering how many ATRLers hate Beyoncé and how many delusional Swifties there are :rip: 

The gap would be a lot bigger on other non-biased forums, Taylor is nowhere near the legend Beyoncé is sorry. :clap3: 

40/60 is a not big gap considering how many ATRLers hate Taylor and how many delusional hives there are :rip: 

Taylor will win this poll on other non-biased forums, cause no one in real life cares about Bey to this day, and I won't say something delusional like "Bey is not a legend" unlike you

Edited by Monster Queen

I’m glad we have established it’s Beyoncé, Swifties lost this battle :clap3:

1 minute ago, Monster Queen said:

40/60 is a not big gap considering how many ATRLers hate Taylor and how many delusional hives there are :rip: 

Taylor will win this poll on other non-biased forums, cause no one in real life care about Bey to this day, and I won't say something delusional like "Bey is not a legend" unlike you

:toofunny3: 

Taylor is not a legend like Beyoncé is, I’m sorry if that fact offends you but it will remain just that a fact.

9 hours ago, suneclipse121 said:

It’s Beyoncé. The Taylor stans keep bringing up metrics/numbers but that’s a faulty argument because if that’s what it took make a legend so many would not clear that bar :rip: Prince, Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin etc. All certified legends with respectable numbers but not to the level of Swift. No one would say that Taylor is a bigger legend than any of them… And the same applies to Beyoncé in this case. Some things transcends numbers and the Swift fans are missing that part. 

I do think Taylor will be a legend in her own way with her songwriting.

Hopefully this is your last time to put miss TINA TURNER in the same sentence as Aretha Franklin. Miss TINA TURNER didn't smash in her 40s-60s to be compared to a woman who barely had any significant achievement like miss Franklin.

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

:toofunny3: 

Taylor is not a legend like Beyoncé is, I’m sorry if that fact offends you but it will remain just that a fact.

According to ATRL user CaptainMusic, maybe. According to the receipts showing how successful she is, how many awards she has won, how many achievements she has done, how many records she has set, how positive the reviews she has received from the critics, and how big the influence she generated just from a single tour, Taylor Swift is objectively a legend. I'm sorry cause both of us are not god so we need to respect the reality

Ofcourse Swifties can only bring sales ,what else could they bring to the table? 

The inability to sing live? The emotionless voice? the ZERO charisma? The juvenile lyrics directed to 12yo suburban white chicks? The lack of iconic moments or peformances? The lack of staple classic songs? 

And the list goes on :deadbanana4:

Stick to your ground and dont come for real talented legends like Beyoncé who is pretty much a creation and a summary of all what's been done best in 20th century music scene. 

From Michael to Prince,to Whitney to Tina to Diana to Donna  she's basically a tribute to all these legends, y all hear me rednecks? :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

According to ATRL user CaptainMusic, maybe. According to the receipts showing how successful she is, how many awards she has won, how many achievements she has done, how many records she has set, how positive the reviews she has received from the critics, and how big the influence she generated just from a single tour, Taylor Swift is objectively a legend. I'm sorry cause both of us are not god so we need to respect the reality

:rip: 

Okay hun :toofunny3: 

Taylor is clearly the more legendary performer (as per her tour's massive box office gross) so her :michael:

11 hours ago, Bears01 said:

Umm….yeah? Part of the reason people like Freddie Mercury, Prince, Michael Jackson etc are so revered is because of their insane live performances :rip: Michael Jackson literally exploded into the biggest star in the world because of a single live tv performance :rip: it’s something they can see with their own eyes. 99% of people don’t care who wrote what song , or even bother to find out 

11 hours ago, Pinocchiho said:

Is Ed Sheeran a legend because of his sales or touring? No... and neither is Taylor. 

9 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Is Billie Eilish a bigger legend than Madonna because she won AOTY? Is Bruno Mars a bigger legend than Prince because he has an AOTY Grammy?

bUt....bUt...But.. ..tAyLoR cReAtEd oLiviA rOdRigUo :isudumblmao:

12 pages for an obvious answer :toofunny3:

23 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Ofcourse Swifties can only bring sales ,what else could they bring to the table?

Isn't sales one of the factors which makes a pop start a legend? If Madoona only sold like 10m copies will she still has her legendary status today?

The inability to sing live? The emotionless voice? the ZERO charisma? The juvenile lyrics directed to 12yo suburban white chicks? The lack of iconic moments or peformances? The lack of staple classic songs? 

And the list goes on :deadbanana4:

The inability to sing live? Taylor never completely lip-syncs a song in her whole career, can't say the same to Beyonce :rip:

The emotionless voice? I literally can't, Taylor is always been praised by the critics for her emtional/warm voice

The ZERO charisma? For you I guess, I can understand because you don't like her

The juvenile lyrics directed to 12yo suburban white chicks? I don't want to argue with you cause Taylor literally has so many beautiful/mature lyrics in each of her album, and sorry but you stan Beyonce who use 90 writers for a single album and you talking about the songwriting:rip:

The lack of staple classic songs? Cruel Summer has bigger recurrent streams than all of those Bey's combined, but again, recurrent streams suddenly doesn't matter when it comes to Taylor

From Michael to Prince,to Whitney to Tina to Diana to Donna  she's basically a tribute to all these legends, y all hear me rednecks? :deadbanana4:

So even yourself realize that Bey is just another one to follow the template in order to become a legend when Taylor Swift is literally something never happened? Never a female singer-songwriter who wrote the lyrics all by herself with a strong personal style has a career like her you hear me delusional ATRL user Mystic Boy? And I already report you for calling all the people who don't vote for Beyonce here "rednecks"

Edited by Monster Queen

Just now, Mystic Boy said:

bUt....bUt...But.. ..tAyLoR cReAtEd oLiviA rOdRigUo :isudumblmao:

12 pages for an obvious answer :toofunny3:

You quote these threads to self-drag Beyonce?:rip:

By this logic, Beyonce is not a legend as well cause so many people here also mention her touring power, and how good she is as a vocalist to prove why she is a legend. But tour number doesn't make a legend just like Ed Sheeran, and being a great vocalist doesn't make a legend too just like... Tori Kelly? 

10 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

Isn't sales one of the factors which makes a pop start a legend? If Madoona only sold like 10m copies will she still has her legendary status today?

The inability to sing live? Taylor never completely lip-syncs a song in her whole career, can't say the same to Beyonce :rip:

The emotionless voice? I literally can't, Taylor is always been praised by the critics for her emtional/warm voice

The ZERO charisma? For you I guess, I can understand because you don't like her

The juvenile lyrics directed to 12yo suburban white chicks? I don't want to argue with you cause Taylor literally has so many beautiful/mature lyrics in each of her album, and sorry but you stan Beyonce who use 90 writers for a single album and you talking about the songwriting:rip:

The lack of staple classic songs? Cruel Summer has bigger recurrent streams than all of those Bey's combined, but again, recurrent streams suddenly doesn't matter when it comes to Taylor

So even yourself realize that Bey is just another one to follow the template in order to become a legend when Taylor Swift is literally something never happened? Never a female singer-songwriter who wrote the lyrics all by herself with a strong personal style has a career like her you hear me delusional ATRL user Mystic Boy? And I already report you for calling all the people who don't vote for Beyonce here "rednecks"

6 minutes ago, Monster Queen said:

You quote these threads to self-drag Beyonce?:rip:

By this logic, Beyonce is not a legend as well cause so many people here also mention her touring power, and how good she is as a vocalist to prove why she is a legend. But tour number doesn't make a legend just like Ed Sheeran, and being a great vocalist doesn't make a legend too just like... Tori Kelly? 

What an amount of bullshit :skull:

OT: The landslide :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.