Former Biden COS: “It is sexism and racism for why people don’t like Kamala”

Bears01

They will continue to say this and then fail to say anything she succeeded at :skull:

Hardly anyone criticizes Obama or Liz Warren for the things Kamala is criticized for

She is clearly a very untalented, inept, out of touch career politician who seems woefully out of step for the job of the presidency

Nah. She's s terrible public speaker, can't debate anyone, has a horrible voting record, no solid footing on policy because she follows polls, and is currently working for the man she denounced as r*cist on national television. 

That is probably a small factor. People ignored Mike Pence’s existence for 4 years. He rarely was in the news and no one really followed him. It seems like every interview Kamala does is plastered everywhere. People are hyper focused on all the fluff pieces she does 

She is in the same tier as Pence, Mondale and Quayle. Not really impactful but VP is such a meaningless do nothing job. She is just sitting around hoping that Biden can’t fulfill his duties

The majority of the stories I could post are subscription-blocked now because they're older, but she's been trashed for her time AS Vice President by her ex-co workers that worked in the White House as having no idea what she's doing in speeches and not reading security briefs and not engaging in team meetings.

If you want to criticize those "sources" for not being upfront with their criticism we could have a larger conversation on anonymous sourcing, but good luck with that. 

Is it part of it? Yes. But it's a lazy default at this point to point to it as the majority that everyone but the K-Hive can see through. 

If racism & sexism weren’t concepts & she was seen the same as the avg political entity, public opinion of her would actually be worse…

23 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

They will continue to say this and then fail to say anything she succeeded at :skull:

Hardly anyone criticizes Obama or Liz Warren for the things Kamala is criticized for

She is clearly a very untalented, inept, out of touch career politician who seems woefully out of step for the job of the presidency

This is what many Dem political leaders always miss. Many will still die on the hill that Hillary lost because much of the American electorate are raging sexists, and not that she was a horrible candidate and that Bill Clinton passed many policies that were harmful toward the rust belt. 

Like, homegirl almost lost Minnesota, one of the most accepting/progressive states in the country historically, I’m pretty sure Minnesota isn’t a state full of raging woman hating misogynists :redface: 

Thinking Of You

I don’t see much dislike for Kamala. I just don’t believe people are familiar with her as an working VP. The media doesn’t tell us what she’s doing.

Racism and sexism does play a part though.

people love Michelle Obama, a queen.

Kamala is very unprofessional and sometimes unserious

remember when she said she used to smoke pot in college while listening to tupac and snoop dog BUT they hadn't even released albums yet :deadbanana2:

Edited by shyboi

Like nobody is denying it's a factor because she's a black woman, and America is racist and sexist.

But what is something Kamala is undeniably good at that everyone can agree on, quickly? I have criticisms of Liz Warren and how she handled the 2020 primary, but she is clearly a very good speaker and deeply understands the problem with economic inequality and corruption. Obama was in many ways a warmonger but he is obviously a very gifted orator. Biden is often a bumbling fool but does on some level understand working class people more than most of DC (low bar). I dislike the way AOC goes about some things, but she understands what young people care about and she is a compelling communicator.

Kamala... makes good memes? Literally that's all I can think of. They act like she's this secretly amazing politician that we're unfairly not acknowledging, but there's nothing to show for it.

Edited by Beyonnaise

This is definitely part of it. You can’t tell me Republicans don’t care that she is black. :deadbanana2:

I mean, that can play a part tbh. This is US we're talking about...

Poor wittle Kamawa Hawwis. At least with this crime wave scare she finally has the chance to show us what she truly does best. :'( 

I just can't with liberals anymore. This is the DUMBEST defense you can make of a woman who can't make it through a softball interview to save her life AND whose speeches are less coherent than a ChatGPT response. She is a public JOKE. :dies: 

Even if it's partially true, you can't just use those things as a shield against fair criticism. That's called Identity opportunism. :coffee2:

10 hours ago, Bears01 said:

This is what many Dem political leaders always miss. Many will still die on the hill that Hillary lost because much of the American electorate are raging sexists, and not that she was a horrible candidate and that Bill Clinton passed many policies that were harmful toward the rust belt. 

Like, homegirl almost lost Minnesota, one of the most accepting/progressive states in the country historically, I’m pretty sure Minnesota isn’t a state full of raging woman hating misogynists :redface: 

True. Hillary had high approval numbers as Secretary of State, so people are able to support a woman in power. You can't ignore that and then as soon as your presidential campaign fails or you're an unpopular VP say 'oh well it's because of sexism, people don't want to see a woman succeed!".

There is an element of truth to this, of course. even if she was a more talented politician she would still be unelectable for president due to her being a BW.

HOWEVER that doesn't take away from the fact that she is bad even for an establishment politician. She's a terrible communicator. Her interviews and appearances are nearly universally disastrous.

She said it’s part of the problem, which is obviously true. Kamala is a terrible politician, but how many white male politicians are just as bad and don’t get one tenth of the hate she does? Not sure why some atrlers here are pretending to be illiterate 

The title of this thread is a misquote. 

• ATRL Moderator

We all know racism and sexism exist. However, Kamala is just a bad politician. This was obvious during the primaries when she decided to drop out early because she was in 5th place in the primary polls for her home state of California. She also was failing with Black voters and women voters (Biden and Bernie occupied the #1 and #2 spot among Black voters) in the primary before she dropped out. Are we really going to sit here and say racism and sexism are the primary issues when those communities were unimpressed by Kamala during the primaries themselves? 

The mainstream media just need to acknowledge the fact that she’s an inept speaker when she’s on the cuff and her lack of a cogent political identity are major reasons for her unpopularity. When she was in the Senate and could prepare to speak and be on the offensive, she actually did a solid job and got good attention for it. But being a leader is not a strength of hers and that’s a Kamala thing. 

anyone who denies this is part of it is just delusional. nothing scares a huge swath of the american public more than a black woman with power. just look at how a lot of people talk about kamala... lots of racism and sexism.

at the same time, she just doesn't connect. i'm glad she broke down those barriers, but she's just not exciting.

rihannafan

I agree in the sense that she's not worse than Biden and yet he's kinda sorta liked (not really but he did win the primary over her)

My point is that she deserves the hate but so do a lot of other people

Edited by rihannafan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.