Elon: LGBT is the "cool kids club" - Agree?

nadiamendell

Fellas, is it ~cool~ to be discriminated against legally, financially, and socially and face literal physical violence for something you had no control over? :jonny5:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ice Cream Skies

• Headlock

• Raphy23

• Selegend

Top Posters In This Topic

smoore95GAGA

Is he saying it’s bad to be seen as cool and be accepted by society :priceless:

8 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Looks like we got a live one :johnald:

A live what? I'm not even trying to be controversial. Gender identity isn't the same as sexual preference, so they're technically different/separate, anyway. I think a lot of the "growth" is stemming from gender identity (e.g. non-binary) and the laughably vague blanket "queer" label more than anything, which in my experience usually means "progressive female who dates men but will kiss a girl in the club while intoxicated". I'm simplifying, I know, but my point won't be taken seriously regardless, so whatevs.

Also, being gay/lesbian/bisexual doesn't mean you have, or relate to, gender dysphoria... 

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

I think a lot of the "growth" is stemming from

So you admit this is fully a subjective and skewed perception of this data based on your own perception:

2 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

gender identity (e.g. non-binary) and the blanket "queer" label more than anything, which in my experience usually means "progressive female who dates men but will kiss a girl in the club while intoxicated". 

…did you think this explanation was going to help you? :deadbanana:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

So you admit this is fully a subjective and skewed perception of this data based on your own perception:

Until the data shows otherwise, yes? :lmao: What part of the LGBTQ+ do you think this growth stems from?

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

…did you think this explanation was going to help you? :deadbanana:

I admitted it was overly simplified but in general, I stand by it. :rip:

He wishes that he could be like the cookies :bird:

33 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

Considering how he treated his LGBT daughter, I don’t really want to hear his opinion on LGBT matters 

:coffee2: 

anyone who thinks this needs to log off and talk to a real person for a change. 

There’s no way 1 in 5 people are 

If you log out of internet echo chambers, almost everyone IRL is straight 

Edited by Saintlor

He seems bothered by it 

I don’t really agree either 

well it does feel like everybody outside my work are gay but then i remember it's jut my bubble and get sad 

:gaycat6: even at my gym or at a ""non-gay"" bar it just feels like everybody is gay even without it being a gay bar lmao :laugh: but is a bubble. 

glad to see we're soon becoming 20%. 

and no i don't agree with elon. it's not cuz we're cool even if we are indeed cool. it's just cuz now people are more free to be what they always were. there aren't more lgbtqia+ of Gen-Z, they're just more open to talk about it than previous gens, that's my view 

Edited by Selegend

39 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Bisexual actually

Oh interesting! That makes sense as well though

6 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Not if you live in a major city/hub. :skull:

10 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

it does feel like 1 in 5 ""young"" person (less than 30yrs) are lgbtqia+ here in brazil if i'm being honest... 

edit: oh, of course i'm talking about big cities 

Edited by Selegend

48 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Well that’s what happens when LGBTQ+ people naturally take over the creative and artistic industries.  It’s not our fault that straight people are basic, get on our level. 

:clap3: 

and it would be at 80% if LGBT people weren't censored or condemned since the beginning of time 

Yeah those kids definitely feel so cool and popular considering what's happening in Texas and Florida. Idiot. 

19 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Fellas, is it ~cool~ to be discriminated against legally, financially, and socially and face literal physical violence for something you had no control over? :jonny5:

😭 let’s ask the billionaire apartheid prince how cool we suddenly are 😇 especially the t in lgbt. Who seem to be attacked everywhere these days but let’s just say they’re the cool kids now… uh uh

24 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

A live what? I'm not even trying to be controversial. Gender identity isn't the same as sexual preference, so they're technically different/separate, anyway. I think a lot of the "growth" is stemming from gender identity (e.g. non-binary) and the laughably vague blanket "queer" label more than anything, which in my experience usually means "progressive female who dates men but will kiss a girl in the club while intoxicated". I'm simplifying, I know, but my point won't be taken seriously regardless, so whatevs.

Also, being gay/lesbian/bisexual doesn't mean you have, or relate to, gender dysphoria... 

Trans people have been associated with LGB people for decades and have been vital to the progression of our rights and culture, the last thing they need is to be removed from the community when they’re already being targeted and hated as it is.

Im not a big fan of the vague Queer label though being included but I don’t think it’s that big a deal. 

would he prefer that we return to being ostracized?

10 minutes ago, Selegend said:

it does feel like 1 in 5 ""young"" person (less than 30yrs) are lgbtqia+ here in brazil if i'm being honest... 

edit: oh, of course i'm talking about big cities 

Brazil seems like the land of gays and LGBT with the way they stan pop girls :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.