Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024) | Anya Taylor-Joy| RT: 90%, MC: 84 — Universal Acclaim

Broken

alas it'll likely also not make a profit, especially since it's possibly more expensive than fury road

• 2 weeks later...

... this disappointed me :noparty: kinda surprised it seems like most people are loving it. Definitely not bad but just doesn't really enhance Fury Road or Furiosa as a character that much. Also

was surprised Anya isn't in the movie for the first hour

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm seeing this on Tuesday and I'm excited

I don't expect another Fury Road, that's impossible to top but I want it to blow me away. 

It was good but too many slow/boring parts, I enjoyed it though.

• Like 1

surprised this has been so well received. action is great but not as good as fury road and the story and characters were just really shallow. they try to do the silent brooding thing but that just makes it feel underwritten and like the characters have no motivation/development....

• Like 1

Very Cute prequel, I don't think I would've enjoyed it as much if it wasn't for the 4D experience but the three main leads (Alyla, Anya & Chris) ate :clap3:

Spoiler

Could someone pin point which scream did Anya take months to land?

her Bommy Knocker Scene was a kiii :dies:

Movie is flopping 

Just back from theater and this is cinema, so so good. 

Anna is so good but surprisingly Chris , i thought he would serve great face beautiful body only but he actually can act.

The visual is everything, the way this wash Dune part 2 to snatch all those technical award at the Oscar.

Best action movie since Mad Max for sure. Hope this can do some damage at box office 

Thought it was good, not as good as Fury Road, but a solid movie. The performances were great, Anya held her own leading an action film and Chris did a great job (the nose prosthetic was a bit distracting).

In general a good time.

Spoiler

When they showed fury road shots during credits it made me thankful for how colorful this one was.

good movie, the action sequences are less inspired compared to the 2015 movie, but at least we got some character development, so... yay?

Spoiler

not having Charlize Theron make an appearance is such a huge missed opportunity, especially considering the end of this movie smh

also, Anya TJ not showing up until the halfway point of the movie is SENDING me :rip:

Definitely watching this. I love Anya so much.

$10.2m Friday... not good. Love Anya but they should have made a sequel to Fury Road. 

1 hour ago, ALA said:

$10.2m Friday... not good. Love Anya but they should have made a sequel to Fury Road. 

men are not gonna watch this movie. misogny

Stunning! So 80s action movie coded, it has that magic of craziness and insanity so much more than Fury Road which felt more minimalist and modern.

Chris Hemsworth does his best role here but at the same time it's very Joker meets Jack Sparrow and we have seen that so many times, Butler in Dune 2 a and Momoa in Fast X so l would like for male actors to step up a bit and change the template.

Anya was great but I was surprised that she appears after the first half of the film, they could have cut a bit of that first act with the little girl because it was too long.

Overall this was a great prologue to Fury Road because it broadens the world so much and gives so much context to all the characters in there, the photography and sequences were also way better and I could see it getting some technical awards at the Oscars, Dune is beautiful to look at and has a great score but this one could get make up, costumes, and production

It seems like it will barely crack $250M in the end which is kinda sad because the movie is fine but Anya + Chris ain't that big draws and also this should have come out like in 2018-19 not almost a decade after the other one, I guess he won't be able to make the sequel to FF.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great cinematography, but weak characters and horrible casting.

I love Anya, but she's not the best choice for Furiosa. And Chris is terrible.

Edited by superben

I'm so glad this ended up being Temple of Doom to Raiders of the Lost Ark instead of repeating the same formula of Fury Road. It has extended the universe and only complimented FR even more for me with all the bits and pieces that we had known but haven't seen before. I am so glad it got made because FR is one of my favorite movies of all time and the fact that it happened and we got another one from the same universe is a miracle by itself. I can't wait to rewatch it. I might go to IMAX again. 

Jack was such a great character and Chris Hemswroth is another surprise. He served camp just the right amount to fit in this universe.

Now negative thoughts:

- It should've been shorter. There was really no need for it to be 30 minutes longer and first act when she was kid should've been much much shorter.

- Recasting wasn't really necessary. They could've had kid Furiosa, teenage Furiosa and since movie ended up just before FR started Charlize should've been back for at least 3rd act or something. She IS Furiosa. Anya was good but it's not her character. Make up is so good I'm pretty sure no one even noticed different actor played Immortan Joe, so they could've used make up for Furiosa too.

- It bombing means we'll never get Wasteland and that just breaks my heart. I hate the fact that it took him ages to make this one and they released it now when every movie is bo flop.

The nose was sooo distracting lol I couldn't take him serious

2 hours ago, TheBoss said:

The nose was sooo distracting lol I couldn't take him serious

I have only seen him in Bad Times at the El Royale before this so I don't know how he looks like and it wasn't distracting to me :giraffe:

Saw this with my boyfriend a couple days ago. He loved it.

I liked most of it. some parts felt unnecessary long and a lot of the characters felt too shallow.

Specially Furiosa, I felt like I knew nothing about her personality, she was just serving "angy girl me wants revenge"

but overall is enjoyable!

I thought it was fun tbh! Hope it rebounds 

• Like 1

Super boring 

This was fantastic. Ya'll cmon now. 

The fact that Anya appeared halfway through the movie made me SCREAM 

:ahh:

I was like where is SHEEe? All this promo around her and Chris is basically the lead of the movie 

:ahh:

Nevertheless an AMAZING film, people need to GTFO of their houses and enjoy this in the cinemas

:irate:

I didn't see the other 2 installments so maybe there were some things I missed, but I watched this and it was really good! That boss guy with the lung problems was really attractive and overall the costumes, visuals were great. Like that one guy with the devilish horns in all black looked so menacing.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.