Cruel Summer #36(+3) on US Spotify outstreaming LH and Karma. Surprised?

swiftawaywithme

spacer.png

The geepee has spoken and wants Cruel Summer to be Taylor's next single. A 2019 track pulling 500k+ streams just because she's performing it on tour every night. Should Taylor ditch Karma and have her Die For You moment? With Lover re-entering the BB200, this would be the perfect time for a deluxe edition, including AOTGYLB, Need, and other vault tracks, and a Cruel Summer video. All it needs is a little radio push and it would be the biggest smash of the year :giraffe:

Taylor can get hit with new material too , it's fine

Cruel Summer as smash album tracks sounds much better. It will be 1bn+ along with DBM , Enchanted , August and Midnight Rain:jonnycat:

How many threads about this situation we need?

you have someone breaking records with a new album right now and you want her to push a song is already smashing instead of the freshiest record.... like if you stan some 2005 forgotten star who is casually having a viral hit, not someone with 15 viral hits right now. 

Let her focus on the new record.

Edited by vale9001

It's infinitely better than both of these songs so no, not surprising. 

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

How many threads about this situation we need?

you have someone breaking records with a new album right now and you want her to push a song is already smashing, like you stan some 2005 forgotten star who is casually having a viral hits, not someone with 15 viral hits righ now. 

Midnights is the slay but Cruel Summer eats any possible single choice it has left :michael:

Plus, it's a fan favorite and has been requested so many times over the years, let us Cruel Summer delulus girlies have our moment :gaycat5:

I want Cruel Legend to stay forever single and break all kinds of records :clap3:

The slow burn has been insane. Is this gonna chart on the Hot 100? 

I prefer it to remain one of her beloved album tracks, like others said. It fits in nicely with Enchanted, All Too Well, Don’t Blame Me, Getaway Car, august, champagne problems, etc.

Just now, Blue Monday said:

The slow burn has been insane. Is this gonna chart on the Hot 100? 

According to winston it needs to have enough points to crack the top 50 before it can chart again. She needs to just give in and send it to radio :jonny5:

Miss Americana and The man when ?

it’s funny how Lover is having the last laugh when it was Taylor’s panned album. ( I love the album since day one) 

7 minutes ago, swiftawaywithme said:

According to winston it needs to have enough points to crack the top 50 before it can chart again. She needs to just give in and send it to radio :jonny5:

Karma looks like it's just getting started so I doubt that happens, but that's cool to see it's getting its shine all these years later after she paid it dust 

• ATRL Moderator

Her Die For You moment is coming :clap3:

Cruel Summer has always been a massive smash in the wings

The smash that got away...

29 minutes ago, swiftawaywithme said:

I thought top 50 re-entry pertains to songs that went re-current due to the 52 weeks rule? Any song that charted under 52 weeks can re-chart at any position.

Side note r/TaylorSwift is literally 1984. They never want to approve any fun discussions there. The fascists cupcakes have fully taken over that subreddit.

i would kill for “cruel summer” to finally have its summer smash moment, and while the stars are aligning a LOT for Taylor to do it now (eras tour boosting it, getting the most streams since album release, summer LITERALLY about to start), i think “karma” having a radio release + filmed MV already is gonna squash any full potential CS has now. i cant see taylor switching up now unfortunately 

:'(
Edited by Edge Of Glory

Just now, Edge Of Glory said:

i would kill for “cruel summer” to finally have its summer smash moment, and while are aligning a LOT for Taylor to do it now (eras tour boosting it, getting more streams since album release, summer LITERALLY about to start), i think “karma” having a radio release + filmed MV already is gonna squash any full potential CS has now. i cant see taylor switching up now unfortunately 

:'(

I literally feel the same way. I love Karma but CS is probably my favorite Taylor song, and all the stars are aligning right now for it to be the perfect summer smash but I fear she'll pay it dust yet again :gaycat7:

4 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Seems she’s officially been relegated to a nostalgia act tbh

:ahh: Never stop being this funny,

pls 

1 hour ago, swiftawaywithme said:

Side note r/TaylorSwift is literally 1984. They never want to approve any fun discussions there. The fascists cupcakes have fully taken over that subreddit.

that sub is so cringe. i got like 30 downvotes + comment deletion when i jokingly called lover loser:rip: