CNN fires Don Lemon

Azulito

something is in the air today :bibliahh:

kinda funny that this news is being totally overshadowed by the tucker carlson news

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Berry

• Vermillion

• ClashAndBurn

• BeenTheShit

Bye Felicia! He made so many misogynistic comments

17 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

Chris Cuomo? Nah, they aren't friends anymore.

they're not? mess :rip:

11 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Bye Felicia! He made so many misogynistic comments

they're not? mess :rip:

Nope!!!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris-cuomo-throws-his-bestie-don-lemon-under-the-bus-in-pursuit-of-cnn-cash

Chris Cuomo’s bromance with Don Lemon appears to be completely over, taking an especially ugly turn Wednesday when the disgraced anchor threw his former CNN “brother” under the bus in an effort to extract $125 million from the network.

Cuomo’s attempt to drag his one-time pal in order to extract a hefty payout from CNN is perhaps the final blow to a very public, affection-laden friendship. The pair’s nightly on-air “handoff” often generated social media chatter as the pair professed their love for each other and shared anecdotes about their vacations—ultimately leading to a 23-episode CNN podcast literally titled The Handoff and hosted by the two self-described “brothers.”

While Lemon has yet to publicly comment on his friend’s firing, he notably struck the first blow last month when he argued in a staff meeting after Zucker’s firing that Cuomo should not be paid any severance.

Edited by Black Berry

25 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Damn.  My head is spinning. :deadbanana4:

Who's MSNBC firing then? :eli:

Rachel Maddow? :gaycat4:

———-

I miss watching Brian Williams hosting The 11th Hour on MSNBC :chick2:

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Rachel Maddow? :gaycat4:

———-

I miss watching Brian Williams hosting The 11th Hour on MSNBC :chick2:

Rachel's only on Mondays so she's basically gone already :bibliahh:

7 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

Rachel's only on Mondays so she's basically gone already :bibliahh:

Really? What happened? :bibliahh: I haven’t watched that network in more than a year. 

42 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Who's MSNBC firing then? :eli:

NBCUNI prez is leaving today for a cheating/harassment scandal, so you technically already got your wish. 

Although if you're referring to an on-air personality, Joy Reid should've left two years ago for lying about fake homophobic blog posts and the FBI investigating.

7 minutes ago, slik said:

THE GIRLS ARE FIGHTING

5 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Really? What happened? :bibliahh: I haven’t watched that network in more than a year. 

She does some podcast now

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

Rachel hired the biggest agent in the TV biz right when her contract was up with MSNBC.

He started and encouraged a lengthy, massive bidding war between Amazon, Netflix, Sirius, HBO (and a few others).

She decided to stay with MSNBC for tens of millions on the condition that she only has to lead special nights coverage like certain election results and do one show per week. Otherwise, she's going to be producing documentaries and doing several podcasts under MSNBC like she's already done since leaving her nightly show. They also get contract exclusives so she won't easily walk to do her own platform or work for another streaming service. 

I wouldn't be surprised if CNN tries to reach out to Tucker Carlson with an offer. 

He deserved this for his harassment

46 minutes ago, 1DES said:

I wouldn't be surprised if CNN tries to reach out to Tucker Carlson with an offer. 

He was already a CNN anchor...

Tucker Carlson was a CNN commentator from 2000 to 2005 and a co-host of the network's prime-time news debate program Crossfire from 2001 to 2005.

2 hours ago, Black Berry said:

Hopefully Andrea Mitchell

:skull:

I agree. Homegirl needs to hang it up. She struggles to read the teleprompter. It's time to retire sis.

5 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

NewsNation wants Don and Tucker. I can't see this going over well with Cuomo since him and Don are no longer besties.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/24/newsnation-interested-hiring-don-lemon-tucker-carlson-fox-cnn/?adid=social-twa

NewsNation wanted to be the boring alternative to their competition and now they're getting all the drama :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.