Update: Tucker Carlson founding new media venture, staff fired from Fox to join him

Vermillion

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Brishka

• Bears01

• Chemist

10 minutes ago, slik said:

They should have had confetti like the Britney/KFed divorce news :jonnycat:

above all else i think everyone needs to be thinking about this: whatever Dominion had on Fox News in preparation for that trial was SEISMIC. perhaps there are other factors to Tucker being let go at this time too, but whatever was ABOUT to come out about not just Tucker but a lot of their prime time hosts and the Murdochs themselves ….. it would have truly shifted $h!t …. the Murdochs really came away unscathed from all this but everyone should be wondering just what they were trying to make go away by paying almost a billion dollars

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

are Sean Hannity/Laura Ingraham less of a liability?

They are way less popular so yeah in a way they are less of a liability at the moment

3 minutes ago, qurl said:

above all else i think everyone needs to be thinking about this: whatever Dominion had on Fox News in preparation for that trial was SEISMIC. perhaps there are other factors to Tucker being let go at this time too, but whatever was ABOUT to come out about not just Tucker but a lot of their prime time hosts and the Murdochs themselves ….. it would have truly shifted $h!t …. the Murdochs really came away unscathed from all this but everyone should be wondering just what they were trying to make go away by paying almost a billion dollars

There's also the fact Smartmatic currently still plans to take Fox to court as well...

I can't wait for his tell-all book where he exposes Fox News for making him pretend to worship Trump and announce fake news. 

Tucker will easily survive this... he's bigger than Fox lol. This is not big news, he will essentially just change sponsors.

6 minutes ago, Chemist said:

are Sean Hannity/Laura Ingraham less of a liability?

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

They are way less popular so yeah in a way they are less of a liability at the moment

They may be way less popular, but at least in terms of Dominion, we shouldn't act like what they said was much less defamatory. :coffee2: 

Just now, beautiful player said:

Tucker will easily survive this... he's bigger than Fox lol. This is not big news, he will essentially just change sponsors.

The same was said about Bill O Reily and he faded away from everyone’s memory. 

54 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fox clearly wanted him to stay imho to keep the money rolling but they needed him to be willing to change his ways. 

He wasn't, and departed. I still think Lachlan came to him with proposals for a change in direction he turned down. 

It doesn't make sense that they'd make him the fall guy for Dominion given the vociferous defense they'd given him prior. 

Tucker's own show won't be on RT and it'll have a substantial following - the following he has now is loyal and not just Fox adjacent. 

Tucker’s never had a problem changing his views at the drop of a dime. I think there’s something more to this than him being unwilling to compromise the nature of his show. 

Edited by Rotunda

Hopefully this means upcoming lawsuits and them ratting each other out :redface:

39 minutes ago, Espresso said:

He didn't believe his own BS but he wanted to still cultivate a fanbase

and this is exactly the reason why Murdoch had to ax him after the Dominion case

Edited by karma police

2 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

The same was said about Bill O Reily and he faded away from everyone’s memory. 

These are not comparable cases. 

And anyway, this will be perceived as an attempt to silence free speech and conservatism. If anything, it makes him look like a martyr. 

Just saying, don't be surprised when this isn't the big downfall y'all think it is. 

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Tucker’s never had a problem changing his views at the drop of a dime. I think there’s something more to this than him being unwilling to compromise the nature of his show. 

I think so too, but the explanation of him being the fall-guy for Dominion is too easy and black-and-white.

Just now, karma police said:

and this is exactly the reason why Murdoch had to ax him

Well, he hadn't prior, so the shock is warranted. 

The video of The View! :ahh:

The right wingers blaming… Paul Ryan! :ahh:

Everyone at Faux finding out on twitter (thank goodness it lasted long enough for this)! :ahh:

1 minute ago, beautiful player said:

These are not comparable cases. 

And anyway, this will be perceived as an attempt to silence free speech and conservatism. If anything, it makes him look like a martyr. 

Just saying, don't be surprised when this isn't the big downfall y'all think it is. 

That is and will continue to be my point once all of this dies down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.