Update: Tucker Carlson founding new media venture, staff fired from Fox to join him

Vermillion

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• Brishka

• Bears01

• Chemist

First Bongino, now Carlson. :gaycat5:

I know this is probably mostly related to the Dominion case, but I believe that Fox is also renegotiating their contracts with the cable companies at some point this year, which is further incentive to cut costs. 

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fox clearly wanted him to stay imho to keep the money rolling but they needed him to be willing to change his ways. 

He wasn't, and departed. I still think Lachlan came to him with proposals for a change in direction he turned down. 

It doesn't make sense that they'd make him the fall guy for Dominion given the vociferous defense they'd given him prior. 

Tucker's own show won't be on RT and it'll have a substantial following - the following he has now is loyal and not just Fox adjacent. 

I don't think that he would have a problem with changing his direction since it was clear that he didn't actually believe his own bullshit (based on the leaked text messages from the Dominion lawsuit). If he was willing to lie for money and ratings, he would have no issue changing his ways. I do think that it was part of the settlement since Dominion lawyers hinted at that.       

The fact that he was Fox-adjacent actually made him stand out because Fox is arguably the biggest name in cable news alongside CNN. With his own show, he will struggle to compete with other far-right YouTubers and ultimately fade into obscurity. The fact that he was able to peddle such outrageous lies on the biggest cable news network made him so attractive to the far-right. Now, this allure is gone. I am sure that he will become just another Fox News has-been like Bill O'Reilly and Megan Kelly.       

Adiós popó.

he’s definitely getting paid out but it was so glorious to see a clip on twitter from last friday where he said “we’ll be back next monday” ….. he had NO idea this was coming and THAT is enough for me to :bibliahh::bibliahh: :ahh: HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

Just now, qurl said:

he’s definitely getting paid out but it was so glorious to see a clip on twitter from last friday where he said “we’ll be back next monday” ….. he had NO idea this was coming and THAT is enough for me to :bibliahh::bibliahh: :ahh: HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

Yeah, which is why it is strange that people are acting as if he wanted to leave. There's zero indication that it was the case. He was fired:coffee:   

Dominion really said “We will settle if you fire Tucker.”

Their Power :gaycat1:

Oh the Murdochs were PISSED about the Dominion lawsuit :deadbanana4:

This is undoubtedly very good news. He won't find a platform as big and influential as Fox to vent his garbage. So unless he runs for office or something, it's over for him.

5 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Yeah, which is why it is strange that people are acting as if he wanted to leave. There's zero indication that it was the case. He was fired:coffee:   

11 minutes ago, Brishka said:

I don't think that he would have a problem with changing his direction since it was clear that he didn't actually believe his own bullshit (based on the leaked text messages from the Dominion lawsuit). If he was willing to lie for money and ratings, he would have no issue changing his ways. I do think that it was part of the settlement since Dominion lawyers hinted at that.       

The fact that he was Fox-adjacent actually made him stand out because Fox is arguably the biggest name in cable news alongside CNN. With his own show, he will struggle to compete with other far-right YouTubers and ultimately fade into obscurity. The fact that he was able to peddle such outrageous lies on the biggest cable news network made him so attractive to the far-right. Now, this allure is gone. I am sure that he will become just another Fox News has-been like Bill O'Reilly and Megan Kelly.       

He didn't believe his own BS but he wanted to still cultivate a fanbase, whether it was with Fox or off of it. 

The CNN description is not accurate. They're doing abysmally in their biggest cash cow, which is TV ratings, which covers the biggest cost which is to continue operating with their biggest front facing operation being a cable TV station as opposed to just streaming online, where their site numbers are doing just fine.

I just think people here are wildly underestimating Tucker's power to carry over enough of his TV fanbase to another streaming outlet. 

Best news of the month :clap3: One less evil spewing toxic **** to millions of Americans on a daily basis. 

Just now, kandicha said:

What did he do? :deadbanana2:

If you're not from the States, fine, but otherwise, I don't know whether to take this question as sincere or trolling :rip: 

24 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fox doesn't have younger viewers on cable or their streaming outlets.

Young Republicans and conservatives have already moved on to other streaming influencers. 

Cable news is general is dying - this will just accelerate the end of the format.

Except it won’t really damage them in the long run. At least not for the next decade.

Before Carlson there was Hannity and before Hannity it was Oreilly (sp). There will always be a white man with far right views that appeals to the demo. 

18 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Wait a minute... some are speculating he may announce a run for the presidency? :gaycat6:

Nah not gonna happen. This was completely unexpected; he signed off on his last show that he would be coming back Monday, and it's industry standard to at the very least offer to do a final show. Fox did not offer that to Tucker

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

If you're not from the States, fine, but otherwise, I don't know whether to take this question as sincere or trolling :rip: 

No it’s sincere lol. I didn’t think there was anything he could do that would make them fire him.

3 minutes ago, Black Berry said:

Don Lemon's out at CNN too.

This deserves it's own thread. 

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

He didn't believe his own BS but he wanted to still cultivate a fanbase, whether it was with Fox or off of it. 

The CNN description is not accurate. They're doing abysmally in their biggest cash cow, which is TV ratings, which covers the biggest cost which is to continue operating with their biggest front facing operation being a cable TV station as opposed to just streaming online, where their site numbers are doing just fine.

I just think people here are wildly underestimating Tucker's power to carry over enough of his TV fanbase to another streaming outlet. 

no one is saying he doesn’t have power, he does. but he was definitely fired by fox. they (the murdochs) don’t decide over the course of a weekend that he should “change the tone” or whatever you said and tucker says “no” and then they “agree to part ways” on Monday ….. it’s giving fired hun, especially since the dominion lawsuit was just settled. he effectively helped cost Fox News a quarter of a billion dollars in settlement money. we actually don’t even know the full details of the settlement still so it could be more extensive than that.

expect cleanup and spin coming out from Tucker’s camp soon too but there’s really no mistaking that this man got canned. just revel it in and let it be the glorious moment that it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.