Update: Tucker Carlson founding new media venture, staff fired from Fox to join him

Espresso

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Brishka

• Bears01

• Chemist

Good news!!!!

O M G. I am GAGGING!! he thought he was untouchable… guess not mizgirl :ahh: 

This could be messy if he starts his own podcast or something and it takes off globally :skull:

He will 1000% be starting his own network/platform. The good thing is I doubt casual lower-middle class 35+ whites will make an effort to tune in to anything other than Fox News. 

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fox doesn't have younger viewers on cable or their streaming outlets.

Young Republicans and conservatives have already moved on to other streaming influencers. 

Cable news is general is dying - this will just accelerate the end of the format.

None of the networks do, really. They’re all fighting for boomers. They still have outsized influence. Independent outlets don’t have **** unless they’re Joe Rogan.

Tucker is one of the few who could do an independent podcast in that level though. Maddow has the most potential for the liberals, but she’d be a slightly bigger Mueller, She Wrote if anything.

1 minute ago, Brishka said:

That was definitely not his decision because there was zero indication that he was going to leave the network that was paying him so handsomely. Fox News still has a vice-like grip on American boomers so they continue swimming in cash. 

And Megyn Kelly is an irrelevant nobody now after being the star of Fox News for such a long time. Tucker will create his own show and start working for RT, gradually fading into obscurity like former Fox News stars.      

This makes sense (the firing), but he's going to basically become a martyr and be more popular than ever before.

But who is going to take him? Who's going to risk a future lawsuit? Who has the capital to be able to afford a huge potential future lawsuit? Taking him on will be very risky. If he tries to start his own show, it'll be difficult to get it off the ground as he will most likely not be touched by any major networks.

He has an uphill battle, but at least it's one we won't have to watch on primetime TV.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

This could be messy if he starts his own podcast or something and it takes off globally :skull:

I’m sure he will but I don’t think even the most popular podcasts have the reach as a cable news anchor, especially with boomers.  It’ll be successful for a podcast and turn into an echo chamber of his biggest fans like Ben Shapiro. 

:clap3::clap3: hopefully there is more bad news coming

2 minutes ago, Brishka said:

That was definitely not his decision because there was zero indication that he was going to leave the network that was paying him so handsomely. Fox News still has a vice-like grip on American boomers so they continue swimming in cash. 

And Megyn Kelly is an irrelevant nobody now after being the star of Fox News for such a long time. Tucker will create his own show and start working for RT, gradually fading into obscurity like former Fox News stars.      

Fox clearly wanted him to stay imho to keep the money rolling but they needed him to be willing to change his ways. 

He wasn't, and departed. I still think Lachlan came to him with proposals for a change in direction he turned down. 

It doesn't make sense that they'd make him the fall guy for Dominion given the vociferous defense they'd given him prior. 

Tucker's own show won't be on RT and it'll have a substantial following - the following he has now is loyal and not just Fox adjacent. 

Wait a minute... some are speculating he may announce a run for the presidency? :gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Which is precisely what he's going to do. I know y'all aren't dense enough to think otherwise :rip: 

PANNED BOMB LOSER LICE-RIDDEN MUSTY WIG OUT!!!!!

KDnv2Tl.gif

GO BACK TO TANNING TESTICLES YOU FOUL RAT

1 minute ago, BeenTheShit said:

Wait a minute... some are speculating he may announce a run for the presidency? :gaycat6:

That's not happening. People just need clickbait. He's swimming in cash and to give that all up is BS. 

• ATRL Administrator

He’ll run his own platform and then fade into obscurity. 

3 minutes ago, khalyan said:

I’m sure he will but I don’t think even the most popular podcasts have the reach as a cable news anchor, especially with boomers.  It’ll be successful for a podcast and turn into an echo chamber of his biggest fans like Ben Shapiro. 

They don't but it follows the continuing trajectory of the death of cable news longer term. 

The problem for Tucker is re-establishing his expectations and audience unlike Ben, who started building it in that other venue from scratch.

Another problem is they're all fighting with each other at the moment because of the DeSantis v. Trump primary fight, so who knows :skull: 

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

That's not happening. People just need clickbait. He's swimming in cash and to give that all up is BS. 

I don't know... I think he actually could have a shot if he did run. :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Yep. And even with a wildly popular podcast, we won't hear much about it. That's a good thing. Sequester him to podcast purgatory.

3 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Fox clearly wanted him to stay imho to keep the money rolling but they needed him to be willing to change his ways. 

He wasn't, and departed. I still think Lachlan came to him with proposals for a change in direction he turned down. 

It doesn't make sense that they'd make him the fall guy for Dominion given the vociferous defense they'd given him prior. 

Tucker's own show won't be on RT and it'll have a substantial following - the following he has now is loyal and not just Fox adjacent. 

Someone posited this may've been part of the Dominion settlement? Tucker doesn't believe anything he says, so the whole "he wouldn't apologize" thing seems off to me. I think he would've made an apologetic statement if it were up to him.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

He’ll run his own platform and then fade into obscurity. 

Define obscurity, and when? 

I mean, in the political podcast and streaming world, hundreds of thousands of followers is not nothing. He'll have more, imho.

He objectively has a following that will migrate with him outside Fox. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.