Bigger: Lover vs. thank u, next?

littlebodybigheart

which album is bigger? thank u, next vs lover  

171 members have voted

1. 1. which album is bigger?

• thank u, next
    • lover

littlebodybigheart

which 2019 smash album is bigger? the album with smash hits like thank u, next and 7 rings? or the album that didn’t have a smash but is still pulling crazy numbers in 2023?

i was too lazy to look up the stats/sales of these albums but discuss :party:

Edited by littlebodybigheart

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Axelios

• Summer Boy

• Otter

• Monster Queen

thank u, next

There are definitely parallels between the two albums though — both are bad albums that are redeemed only by their first two singles

Thank U Next is obvi a bigger era, but taylor name alone is bigger than Ari ever has been. 

• ATRL Moderator

The album that broke multiple records and has two Diamond smashes

tuna felt bigger at the time imo. But Loser's longevity is absolutely INSANE, so overall I'm actually not sure :huh: Perched to see the receipts! :eatpopcorn:

Wait for some time Lover will be above TUN in overall streams too

Tell me the name of countries where TUN is charting above Lover??

meanwhile Lover is Top10/Top 20/Top 40 in multiple countries 

Comparing Ariana’s peak album/era to Taylor’s “flop”? :rip:. Lover is bigger with better longevity.

9 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Tell me the name of countries where TUN is charting

This part of your question holds the answer OP's looking for :toofunny3:

thank u, next:
Billboard 200 – N/A
UK Albums Chart – N/A
ARIA – N/A

Lover:
Billboard 200 – #9
UK Albums Chart – #15
ARIA – #11

Enough said. :gaylorcat2:

Edited by Carry My Heart

I would've said thank u, next but Lover's longevity is honestly crazy. While thank u, next has 2 number ones unlike Lover, the fact that its #12 on the Billboard 200 right now is amazing and the Eras Tour happening definitely gave it a boost. Also Cruel Summer smashing currently!

thank u, next was bigger at the time but it's fairly obvious nowadays that Lover won the long game. 

Lover will probably have multiple songs above 1B streams on Spotify within a year or 2.

As a big of Ari's music, TUN didn't age that well to me. I find myself going back to Dangerous Woman (her best album by far) & Positions moreso.

Lover

Edited by Monster Queen

17 minutes ago, Bingo said:

tuna felt bigger at the time imo. But Loser's longevity is absolutely INSANE, so overall I'm actually not sure :huh: Perched to see the receipts! :eatpopcorn:

Longevity in streaming just doesn't mean bigger though. I'm sorry but the GP does not know Lover singles. Taylor has the bigger fan base but 7 rings  in recognition and reach >>>>>

Until this year I would have said TUN but Lover is truly a dark horse coming up from behind.  I think it is now the bigger album. 

Lover. TUN's recurring streams :deadbanana:

She should have never released BUWYGFIB, horrid. Bad Idea was right there, it could have become a longevity'd hit :cm: 

5 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

thank u, next was bigger at the time but it's fairly obvious nowadays that Lover won the long game. 

Lover will probably have multiple songs above 1B streams on Spotify within a year or 2.

As a big of Ari's music, TUN didn't age that well to me. I find myself going back to Dangerous Woman (her best album by far) & Positions moreso.

The same way that Lover is doing numbers in 2023 that were unimaginable in 2021, whats to say that say that TUN won't also have fluctuations and repeaks? 

This is the thing about people looking at what's trending in the moment Vs overall. TUN has multiple songs with 1b streams now. It doesn't need 2 years 

Tun was bigger initially but its forgotten and has terrible longevity. Is it even charting anywhere in the world?

Lover is obviously way bigger now, anyone that says otherwise is just delusional.

As more time passes Lover will end up doubling the units of tun. That's how much remembered and celebrated Lover will be in the future. 

Ofcourse ATRL will say otherwise though. They're the same ones that call Lover a flop album while calling Sweetener the album that's pulling 1m daily streams a smash... :michael:

17 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

Comparing Ariana’s peak album/era to Taylor’s “flop”? :rip:. Lover is bigger with better longevity.

Ariana's peak is def My Everything and it's clear now

Lover is clearly the bigger album. 

11 minutes ago, Otter said:

Longevity in streaming just doesn't mean bigger though. I'm sorry but the GP does not know Lover singles. Taylor has the bigger fan base but 7 rings  in recognition and reach >>>>>

Lover had incredible longevity thanks to the GP with tracks like Lover, Cruel Summer or Paper Rings having incredible recurrent streams. 

Edited by Axelios

Top albums of 2019:

3. Lover 2,191,000

4. thank u, next 2,056,000

Top albums of 2020:

33. Lover - 876,000

65. thank u, next - 583,000

Top albums of 2021:

58. Lover - 662,000

116. thank u, next - 457,000

Top albums of 2022:

Neither were top 50 for the year

Top albums of 2023 so far:

17. Lover - 298,000

No data for tun

:coffee2:

Lover is literally top 10 this week, TUN is OUT. That should give you the answer.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

1 minute ago, By the Water said:

Top albums of 2019:

3. Lover 2,191,000

4. thank u, next 2,056,000

Top albums of 2020:

33. Lover - 876,000

65. thank u, next - 583,000

Top albums of 2021:

58. Lover - 662,000

116. thank u, next - 457,000

Top albums of 2022:

Neither were top 50 for the year

Top albums of 2023 so far:

17. Lover - 298,000

No data for tun

:coffee2:

What are these stats? Global SPS?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.