H.E.R. officially makes move to try to win Tony, and officially become a EGOT

Armani?

Five-time Grammy Award winning artist H.E.R. (Gabriella Wilson) has joined the Broadway producing team of Here Lies Love, ahead of the groundbreaking new musical's Broadway debut this summer.

H.E.R. said, "Filipinos are a global people. We come in all colors and build bridges across cultures. I am beyond excited to produce my first Broadway musical and forge a unique and meaningful partnership with Here Lies Love."

David Byrne said, "Thrilled to have H.E.R. as part of the team. See you dancing at the revolution!"

Lea Salonga said, "On behalf of our binational producing team, we welcome Gabi to the Here Lies Love team with open arms! I am a huge fan of her genre-defying and multifaceted artistry, and it's empowering to welcome another Filipino artist to our ranks. Together, we are throwing the biggest party Broadway has ever seen - and everyone is invited!"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Armani?

• rac7d

• Hephaestus

• Zox

Congrats to her :jonnycat:

She did what she had to 

An EGOT and I couldn’t name one song this woman sings! That’s wild. Good for her though. 

2 minutes ago, Keter said:

An EGOT and I couldn’t name one song this woman sings! That’s wild. Good for her though. 

Literally (okay actually I can but only bc my yoga class used to play Hard Place, which is a bop!) 

6 minutes ago, Keter said:

2 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Literally (okay actually I can but only bc my yoga class used to play Hard Place, which is a bop!) 

Doesn't matter if you can, the GP can name them

Screenshot-20230421-095414-Chrome.jpg

Just now, GentleEarthquake said:

On her way to become the most unknown EGOT :clap3:

I didn't realize unknown artists can sellout the Hollywood Bowl 2X:clap3:

13 minutes ago, Keter said:

5 minutes ago, GentleEarthquake said:

On her way to become the most unknown EGOT :clap3:

:cm:

What's the point coming in H.E.R threads lying knowing you will get effortlessly clocked :rofl:

this is one of the most annoying and transparent trends that has happened recently :biblio:

with how strong the next Broadway season is going to be, I doubt this has a shot at any big Tonys. also reception so far has been lukewarm at best, the musical sounds so gimmicky

I mean good for her but doing stuff only to gain EGOT status is so desperate. 

Will this finally make her relevant and known? :deadbanana2:

58 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Doesn't matter if you can, the GP can name them

Screenshot-20230421-095414-Chrome.jpg

Can they really though??… :rip: 

On 4/21/2023 at 11:15 AM, stjosephprey4us said:

Can they really though??… :rip: 

Who doesn't know Best Part:bibliahh:It's a classic. And it's not local either cuz I know ATRL likes using that talking point for anything

SPOTIFY ALL TIME (ENGLISH FEMALE SONGS)

Philippines 

2. Best Part (#18)

Thailand 

2. Best Part (#43)

The fact she has a 6x platinum song and I've never heard it :rip:

But good for her. I can see this 'status' becoming less rare in the coming decades, though

1 hour ago, Keter said:

tbh

H.E.R is still W.H.O to me so.. congratulations, I guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.