Katy Perry Thanks the LGBTQ+ Community for Her Legendary Career

midnightdawn

Back in the 2000s. To be gay was more like a "Taboo".
She was one of those who were very brave and released music related to gay things.
She even had to go against her christian parents to release those. As someone with Christian parents i know how it feels :emofish:
Songs like i Kissed a Girl and Including Gay People in the Firework video could have been career ending but like Gaga (Everything),Taylor (Mean) and Kesha (We R Who We R),Rihanna (Te Amo) she fought for the community :gaycat4:
Yes she's turning into a facebook aunt lately but i will always respect her for that  :gaycat5:
We destroyed her with Witness and she's still apreciative of us :gaydonnacat1:
So many female singers dont even mention us...And some post homophobic things online.  Thank u Katy.

Edited by AvadaKedavra

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shark_heather

• JayG

• AvadaKedavra

• midnightdawn

We love you back Queeny!!!

she made bigger than me aka her best song so we love her for that :clap3:

Let me stream the classic gay anthem Walking On Air :clap3:

36 minutes ago, bliaz said:

Let me stream the classic gay anthem Walking On Air :clap3:

The moment she decided to release Birthday as a single instead of WoA was the moment her career started to decline 

1 minute ago, shark_heather said:

The moment she decided to release Birthday as a single instead of WoA was the moment her career started to decline 

cry-crying.gif

She is/was more of a straight GP girl tho 

Edited by rihannafan

4 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Agreed. The dumbest move ever. She literally ******* performed WOA multiple times, even on SNL. What the **** were they thinking? 

3 hours ago, JayG said:

Agreed. The dumbest move ever. She literally ******* performed WOA multiple times, even on SNL. What the **** were they thinking? 

During that period Sugar from Maroon 5 was smashing and im sure they thought Birthday will perform similar 

19 hours ago, Nicholai said:

LIZA MINNELLI?!?!?!?!

:rip:

The disrespect like :rip:

20 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

I'm so excited for the potential of my story to continue," Perry tells Out.

the story being another dated album that barely scraps the top 10 and becoming a full time republican :clap3:

:deadbanana4:

17 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Back in the 2000s. To be gay was more like a "Taboo".
She was one of those who were very brave and released music related to gay things.
She even had to go against her christian parents to release those. As someone with Christian parents i know how it feels :emofish:
Songs like i Kissed a Girl and Including Gay People in the Firework video could have been career ending but like Gaga (Everything),Taylor (Mean) and Kesha (We R Who We R),Rihanna (Te Amo) she fought for the community :gaycat4:
Yes she's turning into a facebook aunt lately but i will always respect her for that  :gaycat5:
We destroyed her with Witness and she's still apreciative of us :gaydonnacat1:
So many female singers dont even mention us...And some post homophobic things online.  Thank u Katy.

She would never have risk it if it wasnt already safe to include gays in her videos :skull:

Some did it before when it was really taboo....

And IKAG is one of the worst gay pandering attempt ever.

• Like 1

you're welcome queen, now come back with a banger era :clap3: 

19 hours ago, shark_heather said:

I remember an interview from that time before the single was released and she spilled of how if things go wrong with Birthday it would be the end of her career.
Someone here remember that interview? :gaycat4:she predicted her own downfall. 

13 hours ago, shark_heather said:

During that period Sugar from Maroon 5 was smashing and im sure they thought Birthday will perform similar 

Why did they release Roar, Dark Horse etc then? Lmao. Makes no sense. It was just a DUMB decision. Something happened behind the scenes. WHY would she promo WOA by performing it multiple times only to never release it as a single when STANS kept telling her on Twitter at the time to make it a single? Her and her label are dumb when it comes to single choices I swear

2 hours ago, JayG said:

Why did they release Roar, Dark Horse etc then? Lmao. Makes no sense. It was just a DUMB decision. Something happened behind the scenes. WHY would she promo WOA by performing it multiple times only to never release it as a single when STANS kept telling her on Twitter at the time to make it a single? Her and her label are dumb when it comes to single choices I swear

Maybe they thought WoA was too much of a gay Eurodance song to become a hit in US and they decided to keep it as a promo song for the album and to get their own "Sugar" hit , who knows 

But i disagree with the last part 

Her first 2 eras had perfect single runs . And Prism had also very well thought 3 first singles . This is How we Do was also nice 

Witness on the other side was a disaster 

Chained to the Rythm- Swish Swish - Roulette- Bon Appétit should have been the single run and to keep the American sweetheart profile 

4 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I remember an interview from that time before the single was released and she spilled of how if things go wrong with Birthday it would be the end of her career.
Someone here remember that interview? :gaycat4:she predicted her own downfall. 

No way . This is very interesting 

Queen! :clap3: We love you too! 

14 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Maybe they thought WoA was too much of a gay Eurodance song to become a hit in US and they decided to keep it as a promo song for the album and to get their own "Sugar" hit , who knows 

But i disagree with the last part 

Her first 2 eras had perfect single runs . And Prism had also very well thought 3 first singles . This is How we Do was also nice 

Witness on the other side was a disaster 

Chained to the Rythm- Swish Swish - Roulette- Bon Appétit should have been the single run and to keep the American sweetheart profile 

Her first 2 eras I agree with yes, perfect singles… EVERYTHING after Teenage Dream was a mess

20 hours ago, shark_heather said:

Birthday came out way before Sugar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.