A2K (America 2 Korea) | JYP X Republic Reality Show | New Eps Every Mon & Thus 9pm ET

Gwendolyn

JYP selecting a 12yo shows he still has a dim understanding of the American market. 

I was not following his criteria for selections (like he arbitrarily handed out vocal stones for people singing one line). The show's target audience makes no sense, either. The members they selected are not Korean (basic, cutesy features) enough for Korea and not nearly talented or unique enough for America.

You can already see it with fans online. They randomly stan Lexus and Yuna who were essentially the weakest ones while complaining about KG all because she's white.

They gotta figure what direction they're going but I can tell you now that America ain't it with a 12yo and a cutesy concept. 

Edited by Exodus

9 hours ago, Exodus said:

JYP selecting a 12yo shows he still has a dim understanding of the American market. 

I was not following his criteria for selections (like he arbitrarily handed out vocal stones for people singing one line). The show's target audience makes no sense, either. The members they selected are not Korean (basic, cutesy features) enough for Korea and not nearly talented or unique enough for America.

You can already see it with fans online. They randomly stan Lexus and Yuna who were essentially the weakest ones while complaining about KG all because she's white.

They gotta figure what direction they're going but I can tell you now that America ain't it with a 12yo and a cutesy concept. 

Pretty sure the are just aiming for JYP fans in general. Getting viral hit these days is harder than ever. K-POP labels usually focus on niches with their concept, like ITZY focusing on teenage girls. Considering the show was on JYPs channel, they are aiming for international Kpop fans. 
Pretty sure they will have a similar roll out to XG, rely more on a growing fan base rather than making it in America. I doubt they will aim for the GP. 

But I guess we will see. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.