Jennifer Lopez - "Breakin' Me Down"

BlackJesus

32 minutes ago, Junho_lover said:

What era is this from? 

song was record in 2015

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Leaked in full

song was leaked last year or new version?

FINALLY!!

20 hours ago, Junho_lover said:

What era is this from? 

her english album follow up that would've featured ain't your mama and us

This doesn’t sound like that clip version that leaked, where’s the breaking the ice lyric? 

8 hours ago, Mke1979 said:

This doesn’t sound like that clip version that leaked, where’s the breaking the ice lyric? 

this version is the final

apparently the song has many versions.

I’m still so sad she didn’t serve a full dance-pop album between A.K.A. and This Is Me…Now. 

That was her opportunity to go full-fledged ‘veteran diva giving the gays everything they want’..a right of passage for every female pop artist that’s ever been A-list. 

8 hours ago, Music Xclusive said:

this version is the final

apparently the song has many versions.

and it's SO good the full blown dance diva vibes this record gives would've have been such a refreshing change of space on the scene at the time 

6 hours ago, FantasyRide said:

I’m still so sad she didn’t serve a full dance-pop album between A.K.A. and This Is Me…Now. 

That was her opportunity to go full-fledged ‘veteran diva giving the gays everything they want’..a right of passage for every female pop artist that’s ever been A-list. 

she was suppose to and it would've featured ain't your mama, lookin good, us and this. we were gonna get LOVE 2.0 which is exactly what i would've loved and wanted from her at the time. what a missed opportunity that could've been especially with AIN'T YOUR MAMA being a certified SOLO hit. this could've been another commercial peak for her. such a shame

she was also recording something else before THIS IS ME... NOW we heard snippets from a collab with Ozuna to another collab with Saweetie. after AKA her music career has been a ******* mess and a half

48 minutes ago, voiceofTreason said:

It's very.... mid :monkey:

Really? It is so 2010sLo ugh the fact that we've gotten cheated out of 4 albums in the last decade because she can't be properly managed 😒 

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Really? It is so 2010sLo ugh the fact that we've gotten cheated out of 4 albums in the last decade because she can't be properly managed 😒 

The breakdown sounds nice but the production otherwise seems a little cheap... Don't remind me about her management :rip: Even her hit eras are full of missed opportunities

On 4/17/2023 at 5:56 AM, voiceofTreason said:

The breakdown sounds nice but the production otherwise seems a little cheap... Don't remind me about her management :rip: Even her hit eras are full of missed opportunities

:monkey: do tell. hypnotico and invading my mind should've been singles

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

:monkey: do tell. hypnotico and invading my mind should've been singles

YES. And the way they ruined What is love, One love and EVERYBODY'S GIRL with the album mixes (and made none of them singles either) :rip: The leaked audios were smash hits

I’ve been waiting for this for so long but it’s so mid. She did right scrapping it.

4 hours ago, XtinaStripped said:

I’ve been waiting for this for so long but it’s so mid. She did right scrapping it.

I kinda agree with this. Although, we needed an album back in 2016 with AYM as the lead single. It would be nice to have a sassy/fun pop album. 

19 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I kinda agree with this. Although, we needed an album back in 2016 with AYM as the lead single. It would be nice to have a sassy/fun pop album. 

that's literally what we were gonna git too though which makes her scrapping it make even less sense especially when she secured a solo hit song with little promotion. they'll always be dumb for that

21 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

that's literally what we were gonna git too though which makes her scrapping it make even less sense especially when she secured a solo hit song with little promotion. they'll always be dumb for that

They probably thought she could still get a bigger hit at that point.

19 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

She should’ve just pushed Ain’t It Mama hard and it would’ve gone much further. Instead she paid it dust (apart from one American Idol performance).

Looking Good would’ve been the perfect follow-up single:

Then the full record with the Liam Payne, Bebe Rexha and Rita Ora collabs.

She keeps fumbling her success when it comes to music by not sticking with one sound and/or pushing forward hard when she does have the chance to have a hit on her hands. 

Same with El Anillo, that song was a smasha and if she would’ve released an album full of those type of songs, using visuals/looks similar to the music video, she could’ve seen her Spanish songs been a success. Instead we got lazy collabs with Bad Bunny and unreleased songs with J Balvin.

Marry Me record, they chose the worst song from the OST to push the film and record. There were some great songs on it that could’ve been more successful.

And this time around This Is Me… Now. She had the biggest hype for an album by teasing that record in November of 2022 and then fumbled again. We know it’s coming this summer, but the hype is gone.

Edited by insomniac

3 hours ago, insomniac said:

She should’ve just pushed Ain’t It Mama hard and it would’ve gone much further. Instead she paid it dust (apart from one American Idol performance).

She keeps fumbling her success when it comes to music by not sticking with one sound and/or pushing forward hard when she does have the chance to have a hit on her hands. 

Same with El Anillo, that song was a smasha and if she would’ve released an album full of those type of songs, using visuals/looks similar to the music video, she could’ve seen her Spanish songs been a success. Instead we got lazy collabs with Bad Bunny and unreleased songs with J Balvin.

Marry Me record, they chose the worst song from the OST to push the film and record. There were some great songs on it that could’ve been more successful.

And this time around This Is Me… Now. She had the biggest hype for an album by teasing that record in November of 2022 and then fumbled again. We know it’s coming this summer, but the hype is gone.

She didn't work with Bebe and Rita for that album though. Rita worked with her later on, and Bebe worked with Jen for Self Control remix. Liam Payne was confirmed, Us was recorded during AYM and she was heavily working with The Monsters & Strangerz. Meghan also wrote I'll Go, another track confirmed for that record. Poo Bear worked for her album as well for couple of songs and he kept Put Your Lovin' Where Your Mouth is for his project. I believe there were many pop-dance producers, writers who mentioned working with her during that time. 

On 4/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, CosTaSsSs said:

She didn't work with Bebe and Rita for that album though. Rita worked with her later on, and Bebe worked with Jen for Self Control remix. Liam Payne was confirmed, Us was recorded during AYM and she was heavily working with The Monsters & Strangerz. Meghan also wrote I'll Go, another track confirmed for that record. Poo Bear worked for her album as well for couple of songs and he kept Put Your Lovin' Where Your Mouth is for his project. I believe there were many pop-dance producers, writers who mentioned working with her during that time. 

with bebe, yes. self control was a demo that was pitched to jlo actually. crazy that nothing came out of working with rita. do we know if i'll go was a ballad or another uptempo? yeah it seems like we we're gonna get another dance album which i would've loved. anyone else that we know of that worked with her around that time? i'm glad the liam collab fell through cause yeah lol

On 4/21/2023 at 3:17 AM, XtinaStripped said:

They probably thought she could still get a bigger hit at that point.

then they should have followed up with lookin good. so ridiculous how labels will hold hostage to an album if they don't get a hit then when they do they're like ok now we need another one like huh release it damn it

On 4/21/2023 at 3:18 AM, insomniac said:

yeah we got cheated out of multiple albums from her making dance again an era where she got 2 hits and relagating it to a greatest hits then aym becoming a scrapped era then por primera vez scrapped then whatever was suppose to follow up marry me scrapped and then now she's dragging out her latest album that's ready to go but no new single? huh the aym and ppv albums were some of my most anticipated body of work for her only for them to not come out naturally lol i hate here. but yah at her going through a renaissance acting wise. yeah that song with bad bunny was utter trash. who allowed that and told her that was fire? the title song/track of marry me should've been the song that was pushed. the way she was going to war for ON MY WAY like jfc was annoying as hell

Is this the song that DJWS produced? And was played in a club and a clip surfaced from it?

2 hours ago, Ryan Rivers said:

Is this the song that DJWS produced? And was played in a club and a clip surfaced from it?

Yup

On 4/23/2023 at 10:53 PM, Ryan Rivers said:

and was rumored to be a single smfh the hit that got away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.