Biden appoints Lady Gaga to be co-chair of the President's Committee on the Arts

Baby Judas

Lady Gaga, Co-Chair
Stefani Germanotta, known professionally as Lady Gaga, is an award-winning singer, songwriter, actress, and philanthropist. She has sold over 170 million records, and has won 13 Grammy Awards, making her one of the best-selling most awarded female musicians in history. As an actress, she is known for her roles in “A Star Is Born,” for which she was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actress and won for Best Original Song for “Shallow,” and “American Horror Story: Hotel,” for which she won a Golden Globe, among others. She’s been recognized with the Fashion Icon award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and has been included on Forbes’ list of the World’s Most Powerful Women and TIME’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world. In 2022, Lady Gaga launched Haus Labs, a clean and vegan color cosmetics line that develops innovative formulas that push the boundaries of clean makeup.

Lady Gaga is known for her philanthropy and staunch support of LGBTQI+ rights and mental health. She has traveled with President Biden to support the It’s On Us campaign to combat campus sexual assault, has worked tirelessly over the years to advocate for equality, and has been an outspoken champion of mental health awareness. At the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, she curated a televised concert to benefit the World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, helping raise over $128 million. Alongside her mother Cynthia Germanotta, she founded and leads Born This Way Foundation, which supports the mental health of young people and works with them to build a kinder and braver world. Since its inception, the Foundation has demonstrated the transformative power of kindness and its impact on mental health through youth-driven initiatives, research-based programming, and high-level partnerships.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/04/13/president-biden-announces-key-appointments-to-boards-and-commissions-23/

Other names in the list

Bruce Cohen, Co-Chair

Lady Gaga, Co-Chair

Jon Batiste, Member

Constance M. Carroll, Member

George Clooney, Member

Philip J. Deloria, Member

M. Angélica Garcia, Member

Jennifer Garner, Member

Nora Halpern, Member

Steve Israel, Member

Marta Kauffman, Member

Ricky Kirshner, Member

Troy Kotsur, Member

Katie McGrath, Member

Laura Penn, Member

Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya, Member

Arnold Rampersad, Member

Shonda Rhimes, Member

Kimberly Richter Shirley, Member

Horacio Sierra, Member

Anna Deavere Smith, Member

Joe Walsh, Member

Kerry Washington, Member

Pauline Yu, Member

her demand is insane. :clap3: :eli: 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdanton2

• HEAVYONIT

• PlERRE

• GraceRandolph

no gaga no presidency

I know trump was horrible but I wouldn’t want my name attached to the Biden administration :skull:

man, we really need a huge political change in this country.

shame on her for aligning herself with a terrorist goverment but cant say im surprised. she just worked on a war propaganda film last year, even campaigned for an oscar :biblio:

1 minute ago, Karla Cabello said:

shame on her for aligning herself with a terrorist goverment but cant say im surprised. she just worked on a war propaganda film last year, even campaigned for an oscar :biblio:

Nurse!

--

ot: :clap3:

the gay WH comms staffer who wrote that probably had a field day with this!

yes Ga Ga yes demand!

Gaga president 

4 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

I know trump was horrible but I wouldn’t want my name attached to the Biden administration :skull:

She plastered her name all over Hilary’s Presidential run, so this can’t be too much worse. 

She can be Marianne’s VP next. 

8 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

You can vote for her when she runs for President :clap3: the change we need!

Gaga is a neoliberal so she's definitely loves Biden. She's not a leftist like Ariana.

Legend :clap3:

11 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Hun, your fave hasn’t charted *top 50* yet in the US, we’ll take your opinion about the state of the US with a grain of salt :celestial3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.