Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• apasionata

• Kavish

• shyboi

Top Posters In This Topic

The autotune :deadbanana4:

Cute homage to the QOP regardless :gaydonnacat1:

I commend Sam for fully embracing their body and be brave enough to stand naked on stage for millions of people to scrutinise them.  This is not an easy thing to do, and seeing someone displaying their non-conventionally-beautiful body is so important and encouraging to those who suffer from body dysmorphia.

I am also not saying we should encourage people to stay fat. This is more about being comfortable with our bodies at all sizes while we're on this difficult journey of weight and body image issues.

15 minutes ago, Kavish said:

I commend Sam for fully embracing their body and be brave enough to stand naked on stage for millions of people to scrutinise them.  This is not an easy thing to do, and seeing someone displaying their non-conventionally-beautiful body is so important and encouraging to those who suffer from body dysmorphia.

I am also not saying we should encourage people to stay fat. This is more about being comfortable with our bodies at all sizes while we're on this difficult journey of weight and body image issues.

you could have left out the second part of this comment.

1 minute ago, Onion Girl said:

you could have left out the second part of this comment.

What do you mean?  The second part is for people who are against this "body acceptance" discourse.  It is important to let them know that accepting your body does not mean that you are not trying to be healthier, and that they should just respect people of all sizes because they don't know people's personal struggle and journey.

15 minutes ago, Kavish said:

What do you mean?  The second part is for people who are against this "body acceptance" discourse.  It is important to let them know that accepting your body does not mean that you are not trying to be healthier, and that they should just respect people of all sizes because they don't know people's personal struggle and journey.

I understand, and I agree that we should respect people no matter what size they are. Just the part about not encouraging people to stay fat seemed weird to include in your comment about self-acceptance. You are allowed to feel that way, and I am not going to try to change anyone's mind about that, but to go from commending them for embracing their body to then essentially saying that they shouldn't be too comfortable with it forever came off a bit odd, to me anyway. I will also say that health looks different for everyone. I apologize if I mistook your comment, I do not want to put words in your mouth.

Edited by Onion Girl

34 minutes ago, Onion Girl said:

I understand, and I agree that we should respect people no matter what size they are. Just the part about not encouraging people to stay fat seemed weird to include in your comment about self-acceptance. You are allowed to feel that way, and I am not going to try to change anyone's mind about that, but to go from commending their body to then essentially saying that they shouldn't be too comfortable with it forever came off a bit odd. I will also say that health looks different for everyone. I apologize if I mistook your comment, I do not want to put words in your mouth.

Don't worry, I realise how that line could be interpreted negatively.  I should have worded it better, but just to be clear, by "we should not encourage people to stay fat" I didn't mean that we should fat-shame people.  It was more in the lines of not commenting on someone's weight to their face even if it's positive because even if someone is comfortable in their body, we don't know their personal issues and struggle and that can be a trigger, so it's best to just respect people's weight instead of having to comment on their body.

Edited by Kavish

How did he manage to outsing every Madonna’s song with auto tune like this

9 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Don't worry, I realise how that line could be interpreted negatively.  I should have worded it better, but just to be clear, by "we should not encourage people to stay fat" I didn't mean that we should fat-shame people.  It was more in the lines of not commenting on someone's weight to their face even if it's positive because even if someone is comfortable in their body, we don't know their personal issues and struggle and that can be a trigger, so it's best to just respect people's weight instead of having to comment on their body.

I get what you mean, and I have the same sentiments. I felt your good intention with how you worded it, although I also understand how it would come across to others.

I've always been amazed by how Sam brilliantly performs - however, not his best performance in my opinion but you go Sam, show them all what you got! :clap3: 

1 hour ago, MaxxiPad said:

Honestly sounds better than the original, would love to hear a full version

Nothing screams like a good cover of Human Nature as autotune :rip:

the new Queen Of Pop :clap3: blessed by Madonna herself

i don't know the appropriate gender neutral word for "queen" but you all get what i'm trying to say.

16 minutes ago, shyboi said:

i don't know the appropriate gender neutral word for "queen" but you all get what i'm trying to say

spacer.png

Werk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.