Dr. Luke v. Kesha: Oral argument at New York's highest court on April 18

TomTom
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Don’t even consider trolling this thread. You will be permanently banned from ATRL if you do. 

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

No, the decision will arrive a month later approximately (provided there is no deadlock among the judges).

This is one of the questions that I answered in the FAQ that I linked in the OP.

Omg sorry, I missed the link on messy hotel wifi. Having a read through now! Thank you, amazing as always :clap3:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• suburbannature

• SmittenCake

• undermyskin

manifesting

satanic-pentagram.gif

Praying.mp3 for her and her freedom!

I hope Kesha will prevail in this trial, she's gone through so much hell in the public eye...

Is there a summary of what the status of the case is so far?

So Luke is countersuing for defamation and Kesha still has hers active? 

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

Is there a summary of what the status of the case is so far?

This is the only active lawsuit involving Kesha and Luke I believe, Kesha dropped hers a few years back 

2 minutes ago, CroNich said:

This is the only active lawsuit involving Kesha and Luke I believe, Kesha dropped hers a few years back 

Aww I really hope she wins this 

praying that kesha receives justice :heart:

7 hours ago, naval23 said:

I only focused on the appeals in the FAQ because the whole procedural history of the case would have gone beyond the scope of it.

Broadly speaking, there‘s 4 main components:

• Kesha‘s original abuse-related California lawsuit against Dr. Luke (2014-2016): voluntarily withdrawn by Kesha in 2016 because the case got stayed in favor of Luke‘s defamation lawsuit and the stay would not be lifted 
  • Dr. Luke‘s defamation lawsuit against Kesha in New York (since 2014): jury trial scheduled to begin in July 2023
  • Kesha‘s abuse-related counterclaims against Dr. Luke in New York (2015-2016): replacement for Kesha’s withdrawn California lawsuit, dismissed by the trial court for jurisdictional and procedural reasons in 2016, merits still being litigated as part of the defamation lawsuit 
  • Kesha‘s anti-SLAPP counterclaim against Dr. Luke in New York (since 2021): counterclaim against Luke for pursuing the defamation case, allowed to proceed by the trial court in 2021, then dismissed by the Appellate Division in 2022, now at issue at New York‘s highest court in one of Kesha‘s appeals
Edited by TomTom2288

Justice for Dr. Luke!

Edited by Aristide

3 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Justice for Dr. Luke!

reported 

8 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Justice for Dr. Luke!

Someone hasn't read the pinned message, I guess.

Poor thing.

Regardless of what the decision is, I think Luke should’ve let go of Kesha a long time ago. Hopefully she gets to walk away

23 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

Regardless of what the decision is, I think Luke should’ve let go of Kesha a long time ago. Hopefully she gets to walk away

She is out of contract after this next album. This is Luke’s defamation countersuit that she’s currently fighting.

7 minutes ago, CroNich said:

She is out of contract after this next album. This is Luke’s defamation countersuit that she’s currently fighting.

I thought Cannibal wasn't considered an album? 

2 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

I thought Cannibal wasn't considered an album? 

It isn't, but the commitment was reduced from six to five albums in 2008.

• ATRL Moderator

God, I'm so nervous. Hoping this signifies a positive turn for Kesha, her legal pursuits, and fellow survivors. I know this is for Luke's defamation case, but praying for positive momentum for Kesha regardless.

7 minutes ago, BonniemcChicken said:

does she have to be there on tuesday? 

No, it's just lawyers usually.

Though she could attend and sit in the audience space if she really wanted to (I don't think that's gonna happen).

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

No, it's just lawyers usually.

Though she could attend and sit in the audience space if she really wanted to (I don't think that's gonna happen).

I hope she doesn't go. i can't imagine the toll that would take on someone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.