• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayG

• FreeXone

• aesthetic bih

• TROPICUM

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized I probably needed to do a summary of facts to not create fear-mongering... doubt it'll work tho

0ED09D18-8FFD-42D2-A745-582EB0619687.thu

But anyway

What we know:

- This virus has been around since 2002, no human cases were detected until last year

- At this point, China has reported 3 confirmed cases, 2 in 2022, 1 in 2023, the latter passed away due to the virus

- China waited almost a month to report the death (:skull:

-  Birds are rarely affected by the virus, so it's pretty difficult to know if they're sick without tests. Same with other mammals. 

- While it has a 50% fatality rate, the transmission from human to human is incredibly rare. All 3 cases had some sort of closeness to fauna, mostly birds.

- While human to human transmission is rare, virus mutation is likely to happen

TL;DR

Good: Only 3 cases and 1 death reported in the last year and this one, human to human transmission is rare and is considered to be contained easily 

Bad: This is China who we are talking about. Everything they are letting the WHO know is a month late and it may be getting worse as we speak. They waited a whole month to report the first death (just like Corona) & since this is a type of influenza, the risk of it evolving into a more transmittable virus is highly likely (if not extremely likely). 

Even shorter TL;DR: Virus very bad, worse than covid, transmission within humans very rare, only 3 cases, all had a pet bird or smn, ppl close to the dead case are "fine" but china may very well be lying like co*id and it's worrisome since influenza has a VERY high chance to evolve

22 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Not a stroke. :deadbanana: Was it due to COVID

Partly, it was side effects of a drug I took due to covid

And that person probably had an underlying illness/condition already.

Let the paranoia begin :clap3:

13 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

And that person probably had an underlying illness/condition already.

Let the paranoia begin :clap3:

Let’s hope lol

27 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

- While it has a 50% fatality rate, the transmission from human to human is incredibly rare. All 3 cases had some sort of closeness to fauna, mostly birds.

in conclusion: do not eat birds you weirdos 0ED09D18-8FFD-42D2-A745-582EB0619687.thu

suddenly the fat pigeons i see in my city are no longer cute to me

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, JayG said:

Omg I’m so sorry

53 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

Just realized I probably needed to do a summary of facts to not create fear-mongering... doubt it'll work tho

But anyway

What we know:

- This virus has been around since 2002, no human cases were detected until last year

- At this point, China has reported 3 confirmed cases, 2 in 2022, 1 in 2023, the latter passed away due to the virus

- China waited almost a month to report the death (:skull:

-  Birds are rarely affected by the virus, so it's pretty difficult to know if they're sick without tests. Same with other mammals. 

- While human to human transmission is rare, virus mutation is likely to happen

TL;DR

Good: Only 3 cases and 1 death reported in the last year and this one, human to human transmission is rare and is considered to be contained easily 

Bad: This is China who we are talking about. Everything they are letting the WHO know is a month late and it may be getting worse as we speak. They waited a whole month to report the first death (just like Corona) & since this is a type of influenza, the risk of it evolving into a more transmittable virus is highly likely (if not extremely likely). 

Even shorter TL;DR: Virus very bad, worse than covid, transmission within humans very rare, only 3 cases, all had a pet bird or smn, ppl close to the dead case are "fine" but china may very well be lying like co*id and it's worrisome since influenza has a VERY high chance to evolve

So it CAN EVOLVE if it hasn’t already. 
FML I’m Barely pushing 30 this isn’t fair. 

oh hell nawww... :biblio:

rip to the victim tho

58 minutes ago, JayG said:

Scary! Sorry that happened to you 

9 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Omg I’m so sorry

💛💛💛 I’m over earth anyway 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 minute ago, aesthetic bih said:

Scary! Sorry that happened to you 

Yep. Shits ******. Moral of the story - chase your dreams and what you love. Like I was before this happened. 💀💀💀

at least we would get our home office right back :rip: I hate working from the office 

Girl plz I can't deal I swear. I just got out of the hospital from a terrible terrible Influenza type one virus that is sweeping Australia. It honestly crushed the *** out of me and was WAY worse than COVID did to me. Could barely breathe. 

Those viruses are mutating like crazy. Please keep this away I'm too tired :gaycat7:

F*ck being nice and trying not to sound bad, close China. I’m f*cking DONE. Them not being held accountable for the pandemic is bad enough. 

No no no!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.