are you mentally ill?

tili33

are you mentally ill?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. are you mentally ill?

2. 2. are you hopeful for the future?

Yes I am and hope is a dangerous thing for a *** like me to have - but I have it 

14 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Yes I am and hope is a dangerous thing for a *** like me to have - but I have it 

taste

You've seen my stanning for allday 

Ofcourse im mentally ill :eli:

yes tbh. i recently moved to a new place and i have no friends here so it's quite isolating and boring. it's probably why i've been so active on here lately:rip:

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Mild-to-Moderate Depression by a psychiatrist a few years ago, and I agree with her diagnosis. 

I have to admit, it surprises and saddens me that some people in an ATRL forum said having a mental illness would be an automatic dealbreaker for dating/relationships. For all you know, you could have the symptoms of a mental illness and potentially go years/decades/some time without being diagnosed with one. For all you know, your friends and/or family could have a mental illness, and you might not even know it.

Having a mental illness doesn't mean you're weak. It doesn't mean you're crazy or weird. It just means that your brain operates differently than someone without a mental illness. We should look at mental illness at how we look at physical illness in the sense we wouldn't shame someone for needing medication for diabetes or high blood pressure. We wouldn't tell that person to "get over it." 

Moreover, there are tons of people who have a mental illness or mental illnesses that manage it just fine with diet, exercise, drugs, supplements, and/or therapy. Would these people be a dealbreaker for you? 

While I used to refuse medication, I now know, at least at this point in my life, it is absolutely necessary. At the very least I need to be on Sertraline/Zoloft 50mg. I got my thyroid checked, vitamins checked, any test I got for any ache/pain has come back negative for a bacterial culture and/or STI, so I truly believe my chronic pain was from having anxiety and depression that wasn't properly managed. When I was on Zoloft for 6 months, I truly felt "normal" again. Therapy, also, can only go so far. It has its place, and I need to put more of the work in. I also probably need the occasional benzo, such as Alprazolam/Xanax 0.5mg or Diazepam/Valium 5-10mg, because while Zoloft has worked amazingly, I sometimes get anxiety and/or panic attacks, and anyone who's experienced these, know that you feel like you're absolutely dying. 

I know this was a lengthy post to a very simple question, and I'm not a licensed healthcare professional, but I hope this post encourages people to look at mental illness differently and know that if you're struggling, there are options, and you are not weak or crazy for needing them. 

Edited by zasderfght

i stan bipolar / pathological liar singers with side face dysphoria. if the shoe fits... IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

Edited by Totami Legend

it’s atrl

encountering next level stannery on this forum really took a toll on me.

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

I'm borderline #embracingit

IMG_20210527_101722.thumb.jpg.c9c05d622b

mentally ill? no. I do not suffer from depression, or autism, or any other mental illness. but I do feel stuck in a rut.

And I am hopeful for the future. you need to have hope of some kind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.