Things to do in Thailand [Bangkok, Phuket]?

Specter

So, tl;dr is that a couple of former associates of mine are contributing to sponsor a trip for a friend as a gift, and since he loves beaches we decided on TL as the location.

This person is generally introverted, but open to some form of exploration (we hope. If he sits in the hotel all damn day... :busted:)

So as a part of this gift we are also presenting individually a sort of "<insert name of individuals from the gifting group> reccomends:" type things.

But a lot of the touristy things online feel very meh, he can google those too. Thought of asking if anyone's visited, and knows some hidden gems? Shops, bars, beaches, even temples etc.?

16 minutes ago, Phantom said:

:rip: I hate it here. 

:ahh::ahh::ahh: i'm sorry

37 minutes ago, Phantom said:

:rip: I hate it here. 

I mean it's like asking what to do in Egypt. Everyone is gonna recommend seeing the pyramids.

There is a reason why the "main touristy things seem meh" since the main attraction is sex. 

There's so much to do in Thailand and way more to it then creepy sex tourism. It depends what he likes but Bangkok is a very exciting city with lots of great shopping spots, great food, amazing sky bars, night markets, temples, clubs etc. My favourite places were the Chinatown night Market, Central World, Chatuchak Weekend Market and Wat Arun. In Phuket he should go to an elephant sanctuary just make sure it's ethical (I recommend Green Elephant Sanctuary). The big white Buddha and temple were great and the beaches are nice too. Also some boat trips around Ko Phi Phi and the surrounding islands might be worthwhile. There's some cool performances at night if you want to stay over. Thailand is very budget friendly so take advantage and you can get very nice hotels at a good price. The food is amongst the best in the world and make sure to try the street food (just choose a place with lots of Thai people). I haven't been but a lot of my Thai students have recommended I visit Pattaya and Chiang Mai too. Pattaya is only a couple hours from Bangkok. 

transition 

3 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

transition 

Better go to South Korea for that. Pretend to be an influencer and save up to 80% on travel, hotel and procedure :cm: 

they have the best drag/burlesque shows of all time so don't miss one of those :cm: 

My best advice would be to avoid those two cities :deadbanana: do Chiang Mai, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Tao/Krabi instead

Bjork did there one thing that looked like a lot of fun   :gaycat2: 

I just went there one month ago. I loved the Phi Phi islands, they are really beautiful, lot of tours to do and partys at the beach. I would recommend your friend to go there.

I didn't like Bangkok that much honestly. I mean the partys are good but there were so much weird stuff going on, I wasn't really comfortable around there.

Edited by Tayman

Basically every reply in this thread offering zero help :rip:  

I haven't been so I can't recommend, however I always watch travel vlogs on YouTube before going to another country, it always helps me figure out what I wanna do and see (like a top10 things to do video etc) 

It's not a great idea to visit Thailand right now considering the heatwave and haze situation :gaycat7:

Just go to this restaurant at Phuket and travel to lots of islands recommended on internet and you and ur friend are set :cm:

Btw, don't go north especially Chiang-mai and Chiang-rai, the PM 2.5 problem is very serious there. It's very not good for your long term health.

It’s too late for Phuket sis, it’s almost winter there (wet season), if you want your friend to enjoy the best view of the islands with clear waters and clean white sands, it’d be better during the months nov/feb (the cool season).

The big buddha and temples are a must see, the view from there is beautiful, water activities (there are a lot), safaris and wildlife, Phuket has amazing jungles, most people only know about the beaches there, they also have nice museums, but avoid activities involving elephants and tigers, due to the stress those poor animals are subjected to. There are tours operators that plan visits to different islands and make existing plans, book some of them for your friend.

Edited by A.R.L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.