• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• VOSS

• Bears01

• ClashAndBurn

The one issue that will match or beat inflation for turnout by non-voters in 2024, period, point blank, full stop. 

They want a culture war, they'll get one. 

The US is literally a "third world" country. Embarassing. 

They're just making it easier and easier for a demolishment in 2024. They REFUSE to learn

Another judge anticipated this judge's ruling and literally dropped this ruling in direct conflict minutes later :deadvision: 

So everyone just wants this fast-tracked to SCOTUS because of the conflicting jurisdictions :deadvision:

Also worth mentioning that U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk was Trump-appointed, and (not really news given the close divide) was confirmed by 1 Senate vote. Previously ordered asylum seekers wait outside the US (a ruling that was overturned by SCOTUS), tried to allow discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in another ruling on the ACA, and vacated protections for transgender workers. :coffee2:  

I really ******* hate republicans, and I pray to god they get demolished for multiple elections to come. After 2024, old white boomers won’t make up the majority of the electorate anymore 

Edited by Bears01

What a whiplash with one judge banning it and another judge overturning the ban in 10 minutes :deadbanana2: such a messy system 

1 minute ago, kandicha said:

What a whiplash with one judge banning it and another judge overturning the ban in 10 minutes :deadbanana2: such a messy system 

I'm reading speculation on Twitter that because this TX judge is infamous in the legal world and the ruling was anticipated, there were multiple others ready to pounce :deadvision:

So the question in the interim of the appeals is who the FDA will obey :coffee2: 

Here's clarification on the ruling conflict - Dem AG states are good past a week from now but I guess there's still confusion on the red states.

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Here's clarification on the ruling conflict - Dem AG states are good past a week from now but I guess there's still confusion on the red states.

Basically: it’ll all just come down to SCOTUS then? 

Just now, Bears01 said:

Yeah, but the questions are how long the interim until then is going to be and what the FDA's going to do in the interim.

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

That's how it was always going to be.

And we know how this SCOTUS will rule pretty much, so it seems baked in the cake at this point.

15 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That's how it was always going to be.

And we know how this SCOTUS will rule pretty much, so it seems baked in the cake at this point.

I truly despise RBG. Like: John Roberts is a ghoul who deserves to burn in hell, but at least he was smart enough to know these hurt the GOP, so for political reasons and not risking their parties success, he’d rule against this. 

It’s so horrible all the woman who have to suffer just for people to wake up about how awful these Christo fascists are 

3 hours ago, Espresso said:

The one issue that will match or beat inflation for turnout by non-voters in 2024, period, point blank, full stop. 

They want a culture war, they'll get one. 

Agreed. I fully expect a lot of silent voters to turn out against the Republicans because of this.

Hopefully it leads to actual, positive, lasting change this time.

24 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Glenn Greenwald here is (accurately) pointing out how liberals were mad that Trump would even dare muse about ignoring the courts on him implementing his Muslim ban. I’m not really upset because the injunction was filed 10 minutes later, but… is the Biden FDA going to ignore the SCOTUS when this gets fast-tracked? An activist judge on a lower court circuit is one thing, but if you’re ignoring SCOTUS on this then… that opens the door for a Republicans to ignore Brown v Board, Obergefell, Lawrence, Loving, and so much else. And they can easily point out that the Democrats set the precedent just like how Harry Reid did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.