Album Track “Cruel Summer” hits 500M on Spotify

TalkThatRihanna

The way it was never even on TTH (unlike The Man and The Archer :deadbanana4:). 

Her best song :clap3:

Decent song, overrated bridge. Is it true that Taylor pauses before it and says “ready for the bridge?”

One of the good songs on Lover did that

Edited by Blue Monday

Should have been a billion streams now if it was the lead single. But that bridge is really a career highlight!

The amount of album tracks she has garnering large amounts of streams is unparalleled. That is what happens when you are a legend with an unparalleled discography.

Why the hell wasn't this the lead single, seriously? i'll never understand some of the choices she made during the Lover era :deadbanana4:

The way it would be at 1.5 billion streams AT LEAST if it was the lead 

Edited by Lipgloss

55 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Why the hell wasn't this the lead single, seriously? i'll never understand some of the choices she made during the Lover era :deadbanana4:

She really wants to replicate the success of Shake it off by choosing ME! And she wants to move from dark theme of reputation to shining colorful lover, but the song was so bad. If she had chosen CS, Lover would have debuted with 1m sales

2 hours ago, tonyle1911 said:

She really wants to replicate the success of Shake it off by choosing ME! And she wants to move from dark theme of reputation to shining colorful lover, but the song was so bad. If she had chosen CS, Lover would have debuted with 1m sales

Shake It Off isn't her best song but ME! was just an abomination. As an album track i wouldn't have minded it but releasing it as lead single was a crime :rip:

And yeah if she released Cruel Summer as lead single the album would've done even better than it did.

Edited by Enrique523

It's such a crime that this wasn't the lead single from Lover. 

• ATRL Moderator

I can't wait for the Mandela effect to send us into an alternate universe where Cruel Summer was the lead single from Lover :bird:

She should drop a video and go for adds 4 years later :bird:

It will 100% hit 1B in 2024, huh? Assuming it doesn’t get any kind of retrospective release, how many other album tracks have reached 1B? And I mean legit album tracks, so no later push to radio or playlisting or whatever… August is coming too, I- :deadbanana: 

500M already is insane though

Well a tweet from last yr said olivia was the first woman with two 600 mil album tracks, if that helps

6 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

It will 100% hit 1B in 2024, huh? Assuming it doesn’t get any kind of retrospective release, how many other album tracks have reached 1B? And I mean legit album tracks, so no later push to radio or playlisting or whatever… August is coming too, I- :deadbanana: 

500M already is insane though

Til I Collapse is the 1 I can think of.

Guess there are a few more from some bands, but yeah certainly not many

And its not even he most streamed album track. Still behind Exile, for now, and Dont Blame Me. With the same daily streams currently

Edited by simmnfierzig

now that's iconic- 1 billion already if it was the real lead single.

• ATRL Moderator

:clap3:

Rise Summer, Rise! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.