How has having a tattoo affected your corporate job career?

Before Today

30 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The employers are right to think they are icky.

1613294941_lisabarlow2.thumb.gif.9da8d4d

When everyone and their mother has a tattoo it's not edgy anymore. Not having any is edgy and looks better.

Hot topic is hiring

I used to think this way but tattoo’s are honestly just fun, I don’t think people get them to be edgy. I got one from my friend at a party and now everytime I look at it I’m reminded of my friends etc, it’s cute

30 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

is losing your job because of a tattoo some american thing ? :deadbanana4:

but no not at all,  i have tattoos on my arms and multiple earrings and yet i work in a super bougie, conservative milieu but they couldn’t care less 

maybe that’s just france for you but i could show up in a crop top and a nipple piercing and they wouldn’t even notice 

I'm not from the US though!

Well I agree with all the answers here. I work in investment banking and I have tattoos but they're not visible. Still get my work done. Some of my coworkers know and I think my boss too but they don't seem to care/make a big deal out of it and I hope it stays that way whenever lol.

Companies have gotten so laid back in recent years when it comes to tattoos, hair color, or piercings. However, once I start my career in the counseling field, I will hide my tattoos during the hiring process just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Before Today said:

I'm not from the US though!

My bad ! where are you from ? 

I feel like most places these days don’t care that much about tattoos/piercings anymore, especially if the bosses/coworkers are on the younger side 

people just compliment them all the time :michael: sometimes even in a flirtatious way. that's it!

I have huge tatts on my neck, forearm, and back of my leg and I’m unemployed:chick3:

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I don't have a tattoo or a corporate job so this thread isn't relevant to me.

Then why are you even commenting :rip:

OT: I have several visible arm patchwork tattoos. They’re all adorable though and I work in a field that is open-minded but very official and no clients have ever said anything but nice things about them.

2 hours ago, Likingstars said:

I find it weird that this is a thing in corporate world.

i work in healthcare and a lot of doctors or nurses have tattoos in visible places and they are doing fine. Or maybe it’s just my workplace 

yeah lots of my fellow MD's and even upper management have tattoos, so I think its okay in healthcare.  

2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

is it a tramp stamp? :rip:

:gaycat4:

No :laugh: It’s higher up by the shoulders. 

52 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Then why are you even commenting :rip:

OT: I have several visible arm patchwork tattoos. They’re all adorable though and I work in a field that is open-minded but very official and no clients have ever said anything but nice things about them.

Because I felt like it? I can comment on whatever thread I want on this site without reason and there's nothing you can do about it. SEETHE.

20 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Because I felt like it? I can comment on whatever thread I want on this site without reason and there's nothing you can do about it. SEETHE.

Calm down, girl, it’s not that deep :rip: you’re the only one seething. If you have grass near you, go touch it!! Oprah No GIF

I have both sleeves done, my entire chest, my entire back, and my entire ass. I work for a fortune 5 company and luckily nobody really cared, even when we were in the office.  And yes, a lot of my co workers have seen my ass b/c they follow me on IG :fan:

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

I feel like most places these days don’t care that much about tattoos/piercings anymore, especially if the bosses/coworkers are on the younger side 

What? A lot do care. Especially the more higher up you go a more conservative fields like finance and law. Some countries even view people with tattoos as criminals. Like we have whole regions where even religions view tattoos as bad. 

3 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Calm down, girl, it’s not that deep :rip: you’re the only one seething. If you have grass near you, go touch it!! Oprah No GIF

The obsession. Leave me alone weirdo :skull:

3 minutes ago, Tropez said:

What? A lot do care. Especially the more higher up you go a more conservative fields like finance and law. Some countries even view people with tattoos as criminals. Like we have whole regions where even religions view tattoos as bad. 

I work in finance lol that's why I have to be strategic with my tattoos

1 minute ago, HotFriedChicken said:

The obsession. Leave me alone weirdo :skull:

Nobody’s obsessed with you, babe and you know that good and well. :dies: The same way you can comment irrelevant crap in this thread, I can respond questioning the reason. Deal with it and consider getting a Prozac medication, you clam :heart: 

I work as a strategist in a tech giant so I do a lot of presentations and the tattoo on my arm is visible when I present but literally no one cares

formal corporate culture is dead 

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

huh ? you haven’t read my posts did you :priceless:

26 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

huh ? you haven’t read my posts did you :priceless:

I am replying to that post where you clearly state that most countries don’t care. When this isn’t true. 

It hasn't mainly my hair color probably does since it's this color atm

ab6761610000e5ebc8f2f61b86da50bc8e9bdee3

but its not like im applying to be a lawyer or doctor so who cares

18 hours ago, Tropez said:

I am replying to that post where you clearly state that most countries don’t care. When this isn’t true. 

the lack of reading comprehension  :deadbanana4:

i was talking about most places as in jobs where i live ≠ “most countries", with a younger leaning/more open minded demographic so the opposite of conservative finance or whatever places you’re telling me about

No one should be judged for having a tattoo but it depends tho, if the tattoo looks ugly (design and color wise) ? Then yes.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:15 AM, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

The fact that until this day when you travel to Japan with tattoos on your body you arent allowed to enter and join onsen hot springs. Stupid ****

Not them banning yakuzas from the hot spring :dies: 

On 4/5/2023 at 10:58 AM, ScorpiosGroove said:

This you? And most places do care, most places still have issues with hair styling. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.