Jesy Nelson - "Bad Thing"

kyliefever2002

6 hours ago, Blue. said:

Sob stories can never be a hallway pass to be a racist prick. She never once apologized and just by looking and her Instagram you can tell she didn’t learn a single thing from the whole BB call-outs.

Was she ever actually even racist? At most it seemed there was some disagreements over her tanning use. I don’t remember ever seeing anything about her starting a racist tumblr blog for example.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• WERKER

• Fading

• zeta

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Was she ever actually even racist? At most it seemed there was some disagreements over her tanning use. I don’t remember ever seeing anything about her starting a racist tumblr blog for example.

Nope!

She’s not been racist. Also I don’t get the logic of people here saying she’s trying to be black but somehow racist against black people? Literally makes no sense.

The trolls are weird, it’s been 18 months and she’s been silent, toned down the tan, hair and everything. People need to give her a break or leave her alone if they don’t like her. Imagine attacking someone who’s tried to end their life twice for merely existing at this point. Sure make a comment when it is due but now it is just outright bullying - this obviously isn’t aimed at you btw!

Boyz was low-key a guilty pleasure of mine so I WILL unfortunately be streaming this.

The problem is she as a person isn’t that exciting (none of the LM girls are) and the fact they didn’t even push a messy second single after the “controversy” got everyone talking about her was probably a misstep. 

Honestly you guys need to give Jesy a break. She learned her lesson and that is that.

But in all seriousness, people need to keep the same energy for Ariana but oh wait I forgot that people are hypocrites!

Edited by Delirious

59 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

28 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Nope!

She’s not been racist. Also I don’t get the logic of people here saying she’s trying to be black but somehow racist against black people? Literally makes no sense.

The trolls are weird, it’s been 18 months and she’s been silent, toned down the tan, hair and everything. People need to give her a break or leave her alone if they don’t like her. Imagine attacking someone who’s tried to end their life twice for merely existing at this point. Sure make a comment when it is due but now it is just outright bullying - this obviously isn’t aimed at you btw!

Exactly. Like the hate is exhausting at this point. Keep the same energy for others if you're this hateful to jesy.

10 hours ago, The Slayer said:

Imagine calling a song that charted at #4 in the UK a flop 🤡

It came out a year and a half ago and it's not even certified silver :rip: It also only has 38M streams on Spotify. That's most definitely a flop. One frontloaded week in the top 10 assisted by some CD signed singles a hit does not make :gaycat6:

Anyway perched for this, even if it's a mess. Wanna see what she does :mandown:

Excited :clap3:

Anyone who has ever stanned or streamed Ariana Grande better be REAL quiet about black fishing this time!

53 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Excited :clap3:

Anyone who has ever stanned or streamed Ariana Grande better be REAL quiet about black fishing this time!

Right!? Lol

Let's see with this one cuz Boyz wasn't it

4 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Yes, first of all blackfishing and blackface are racist acts on itself, but besides that, even after being called out for it she did not only never apologize properly, she tried to pass that criticism as jealousy from her former band mates singling out the dark skin member while at it, all this while still maintaining her black person as a disguise styling.

And just in case, it was not only woke Twitter who called out, it was major publications, so she cannot play the “I’ve never heard of it” card:

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2021/oct/12/jesy-nelson-boyz-video-blackfishing-race-black-culture

https://www.vogue.com/article/the-problem-with-blackfishing-jesy-nelson

Do we know if she is still signed or indie?

Even if it will fall into oblivion, I really hope she will release a power ballad in the future. That's where she shines the most for me.

This sounds like a billie eilish song which makes it already 1000 times better.

3 hours ago, DemnisBreezy said:

Do we know if she is still signed or indie?

There's no label attached to the pre-save links. I guess she's indie now.

I wonder if she can do the James Arthur run. Get a smash hit independently after being dropped, and then get the labels knocking at her door again.

Edited by Fading

I don't care about her, but this actually doesn't sound that bad. 

wait this sounds really good:clap3: i’m excited for this

This sounds even better than I expected!

I think a BBC Live Lounge performance of this could be incredible!

Also, yes she’s definitely independent! She confirmed this and it says the song/copyright is owned by her on iTunes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.