Jinkx Monsoon joins Doctor Who in a "major role"

mokitsu

https://variety.com/2023/global/news/doctor-who-jinkx-monsoon-drag-race-1235568659/

Jinkx Monsoon

Jinkx Monsoon, winner of the fifth season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and the seventh season of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars,” has been added to the cast of the BBC’s long-running and immensely popular “Doctor Who” series.

Monsoon is set to be playing a major role in the series.

“In a galaxy of comets and supernovas, here comes the biggest star of all. Jinkx Monsoon is on a collision course with the TARDIS, and ‘Doctor Who’ will never be the same again,” showrunner Russell T Davies said.

“I’m honored, thrilled, and utterly excited to join ‘Doctor Who!’ Russell T Davies is a visionary and a brilliant writer — I can’t wait to get into the weeds with him and the crew! I hope there’s room in the TARDIS for my luggage,” Monsoon said.

The drag queen recently completed a successful run on Broadway as Matron “Mama” Morton in “Chicago” and also appears in the WOW Presents Plus original, “Sketchy Queens.”

“Doctor Who” returns in November 2023 with three special episodes with David Tennant as the 14th Doctor to coincide with the 60th anniversary. Tennant and Catherine Tate are reprising their roles for the show’s 60th anniversary, and the BBC has confirmed that they will appear in three special episodes, set to air in November this year.

The next Doctor, played by “Sex Education” star Ncuti Gatwa, will take control of the TARDIS after Tennant, with his first episode airing over the festive period.

“Doctor Who” began in 1963 and follows the adventures of a Time Lord known as The Doctor, an extraterrestrial being with a human appearance. The Doctor travels the universe in a time-traveling spaceship called the TARDIS.

holy **** her career. this is huge!

omg what a great opportunity for her. I would have never imagined to see her in one of my favourite shows:jonny3:

Wow, that's huge. Congrats to her. :clap3:

Oh wow! :clap3:

When her haters tried to downplay her career after she deservedly won All Winners. :bibliahh:

First she stomped and broke records on Broadway, now this...

10 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I’m an OJMH so I seethe 

I second this. Getting the role over Viv too an actual UK winner. Rude. What do people see in that constantly baked monstrosity?

Good for her! It's always nice to see a Rugirl enter the mainstream in a major way. I do wonder though how this sudden boost in demand happened. Did AS7 really help her that much? Or was there some payola involved in the sense of newfound connections with VH1/Paramount/WoW etc?

Doctor Who is one of my fave shows ever so this is a huge win, can't wait to see what they have planned for this new era of Who :WAP:

5 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Good for her! It's always nice to see a Rugirl enter the mainstream in a major way. I do wonder though how this sudden boost in demand happened. Did AS7 really help her that much? Or was there some payola involved in the sense of newfound connections with VH1/Paramount/WoW etc?

Jinkx has had a fairly successful career since their win on S5. I think that AS7 simply helped to catapult her up to the next level. It wouldn’t surprise me if the connections with VH1/Paramount/WoW helped though. 

not the BBC turning its back on their own home channel UK drag race talent 

Getting more money to pay for onlyfans of barely legal twinks using baby filters 🤮 

• ATRL Moderator
41 minutes ago, Antonini said:

I second this. Getting the role over Viv too an actual UK winner. Rude. What do people see in that constantly baked monstrosity?

Omg wait, Viv would slay a role on Doctor Who. Eww, they def cast the wrong person :mazen:

52 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

I’m an OJMH so I seethe 

Same, I can't stand it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.