Which Comedic Actress Will Be Nominated for an Oscar Next?

GraceRandolph

?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    • Jennifer Aniston
    • Regina Hall
    • Mindy Kaling
    • Sarah Silverman
    • Cameron Diaz
    • Kristen Wiig
    • Amy Schumer
    • Tina Fey
    • Aubrey Plaza
    • Margaret Cho
    • Elizabeth Banks
    • Kate McKinnon
    • Niecy Nash
    • Rebel Wilson
    • Maya Rudolph
    • Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    • Courteney Cox
    • Lisa Kudrow
    • Other (List Below)

After The Right Honourable The Lady Haden-Guest Jamie Lee Curtis’ iconic Oscar win for Everything Everywhere All At Once, which comedic actress will be next to receive their first Oscar nom?

spacer.png

Edited by GraceRandolph

The and only Miss CHO! :cm: 

I’m hoping someone who deserves it next time. 

Aubrey is on an upcoming Francis Ford Coppola film and Regina is gonna be in a Paul Thomas Anderson film so they have good chances. 

52 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

Aubrey for a serious role

Aubrey had a serious role just last year and her film got completely passed over by the Oscars :rip:

I could see it for Julia Louis-Dreyfus; I find her somewhat overrated but she’s got a lot of goodwill from Hollywood types.

Niecy Nash seems like a fair guess too, although idk if she’s even doing anything these days other than the Masked Singer.

Regina Hall was already snubbed for Support the Girls. Currently has a film in production with Paul Thomas Anderson with a bunch of A++ Listers. 

Julia Louis-Dreyfus has another acclaimed film with the Holofcener (The Kids are Alright fame) under A24 this year. 

Aubrey Plaza is working with Coppola in Megapolis so that might get traction somewhere down the line

===== Others ======

Lisa Kudrow with her little comedy indies showed great promise to be honest.
Cameron Diaz already has an Oscar Nomination. She just need a great boring vehicle.

Unpopularly, Amy Schumer is a great character actress if given a role. Loved her performances.

Tbh most of this list has the talent and/or industry goodwill to land a nomination. It's moreso a matter of project selection and timing.

People like Tina and Phoebe could get nominations outside of the acting field too.

44 minutes ago, Konril said:

Let's do another Cake but this time do a press junket AFTER the Oscar nominations are announced.

802a160f6ac8256d0f08c27795aa8bab.jpg

Hopefully, Regina Hall as she actually has range, unlike the previous comedic actress that won an Oscar

Phoebe Waller-Bridge will write something and get an Academy Award for that.

2 hours ago, akoaytao1234 said:

Regina Hall was already snubbed for Support the Girls. Currently has a film in production with Paul Thomas Anderson with a bunch of A++ Listers. 

Julia Louis-Dreyfus has another acclaimed film with the Holofcener (The Kids are Alright fame) under A24 this year. 

Aubrey Plaza is working with Coppola in Megapolis so that might get traction somewhere down the line

===== Others ======

Lisa Kudrow with her little comedy indies showed great promise to be honest.
Cameron Diaz already has an Oscar Nomination. She just need a great boring vehicle.

Unpopularly, Amy Schumer is a great character actress if given a role. Loved her performances.

Cameron Diaz has never been nominated for an Oscar 

One who can demonstrate that they have range and don't just play the same character all the time for cheap laughs.

12 minutes ago, PoKiTaurus said:

Madame Jolie :heart2:

1024e193f870b8728c13c144219af3e4.gif

She’s already an Oscar winner.

spacer.png

If we're talking for a comedic performance, then probably an unknown or little known actress who will get their breakthrough with that role.

If we're talking about a dramatic performance or a mix of both, then I can see Julia Louis Dreyfus getting a nom since she seems to have transitioned to film. Regina Hall always seems to be on the brink of a career repeak but always comes up short. I do see her name around more and more though, so I can also see one for her

Cameron was nominated for Being John Malkovich, no?

Hall and Kudrow were my picks. Someone will give them a juicy supporting role a la Laurie Metcalf but have done enough films not to be too tied to their tv work. 

1 minute ago, glacier76 said:

Cameron was nominated for Being John Malkovich, no?

Hall and Kudrow were my picks. Someone will give them a juicy supporting role a la Laurie Metcalf but have done enough films not to be too tied to their tv work. 

Diaz was nominated for a BAFTA, not an Oscar for that role. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.